An Agent, A Cold and a Box of Tissues

SneezyCreed

Title: An Agent, A Cold and a Box of Tissues

Author: SneezyCreed and the authors of original Criminal Minds

Fandom/Orginal: Criminal Minds

Disclaimer: I don't own or make $ from the characters

Summary: Dr. Spencer Reid catches a cold

Authors Notes: Part 1

Dr. Spencer Reid groaned inwardly as the alarm clock sounded. His head throbbed with a dull ache as he reached out and hit the snooze for the second time. His mind was alerting him that it was definitely time to arise and make a feeble attempt to make it to work on time, but his body had other plans in store. He lay there a few more moments and then made himself get up. As his feet hit the floor, a fierce tickling sensation swept through his nasal passages. “Hehh…hhehhh…hehhchooooo!!” The powerful sneeze threw him forward bending at the waist and he thought his head would explode. Fortunately, for him it did not.

The young doctor straightened and sniffed. He walked into his utterly clean bathroom and grabbed a handful of tissues, blowing fiercely to clear his head. Throwing the used tissues into the wastebasket, he gazed at his reflection in the mirror. Red watery eyes, pink nostrils and hair that were in shambles: this was not the best look for an FBI agent. Especially, when going on an out-of-town assignment.

“Hehh...hetchoooooo!” The sneeze rocked him and had come without warning that he sprayed the mirror. “Oh, gross…” he mumbled and cleaned it quickly, before taking a shower.

The hot steam cleared up some of the stuffiness he felt, but brought on more sneezes.

“Hhetchoooo! Huh..hetchooooo! *sniff* Hehhh…hehhhh…” Spencer stood eyes closed, lips barely apart…waiting for the final sneeze to come.

“Heehhhhh…HETCHOOOOO!!” Nothing felt as good as getting that sneeze to finally come out.

Sadly, once out of the shower the stuffiness returned and Spencer had to deal with the essence of his cold once again. The phone rang as he drank his second glass of orange juice, it was Morgan.

“Hello?” His raspy voice answered.

“Spencer? Is that you, man? Are you sick?” Came the voice on the other end.

“No, I…hheehhh…I-I…hehhHetchooooooo!!!” Came the answer. “Heh-heh-HETCHOOO! HETCHOOO!!”

“Hey, man, maybe you should cancel this trip and stay home. “ Morgan suggested, knowing full well his friend would not give in.

“Doe, I’ll be fide.” Spencer replied as he rubbed under his nose hoping to make the itch go away.

“Well, I am on my way to pick you up. Be there in about five minutes.”

“Alright. *sniff* I ab ready. I’ll watch for you.” Spencer answered and then hung up. He could still feel another sneeze lingering and rubbed his nose again. The feeling would not subside.

A few moments later, he saw Morgan pull in. He always rode with Morgan on travel assignment days; besides saving a bit of gas, he would not have to look for a parking place. As Dr. Reid stepped out into the fall morning the brightness of the sun provoked the sneezes that lingered deep within his nasal passages. “Hehhh…Hetchooooo!” He was only able to turn his head as the second one developed.

Morgan saw his friend and fellow agent lock the door to his house and came down the walkway. He sighed as he saw the young man’s pale face. Opening his door, he heard Spencer sneeze and from the looks of it was struggling with another. “Here, let me take you bag and laptop.” He offered the younger man.

“Tha-hhehh…HETCHOOOO!! HETCHOOOOO!! Heh-heh-heh---HETCHOOOOO! Uhh…thangs.” Spencer replied and drew out a hanky from his pocket and gave a good blow before getting into the car.

Morgan winced and carefully arranged Spencer’s bag and laptop with his own and closed the trunk.

“Well, let’s get to work, “ Morgan smiled as they got into the car, “we have a jet to catch.”

More to come!!!

Hope you enjoyed this first bit, I enjoyed writing it and I just love Dr. Spencer Reid!!!

Yay another Criminal Minds fic! with Reid sick? yay. ^_^ ... i mean awwww... i mean :) hehehe...... anyway....... thanks so much for writing this hope there's more to come!

Do we like? We love a sick, miserable Spencer! And your fic is great. You see, I'm rather picky with what I read and what I like to read but you just got it all right! :drool:

*goes to her bath room so that the fact that she is melting wouldn't cause as much trouble to the person who has clean up the thing that used to be Sitruuna*

Um... I am so in love with MGG and Spencer Reid that it's embarassing. I normally don't go for cold fics, but OMG THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY. Thank you so much for sharing.

Criminal Minds, huh? I've only seen commercials, but methinks I should catch an episode or two now! :laugh:

I loooove how he kept trying to speak through his sneezes. :kisscheek: I'll definitely be looking forward to some more of this! His sneezes were really great.

• 1 month later...

Archived