Sneeze Fetish Forum

Long-time lurker, first-time member

murphy dee

Howdy y'all! Name's Murphy. :blushsad: Not my real one, of course, but y'know how it is.

I've been lurking about ever since first stumbling across this place back in 2003. I think I may have posted a few times between now and then, under a couple different guest names.

If anyone remembers it (doubtful, but still), I wrote this story back in September of '03...so, the beginning of my senior year of high school. Wow, how times flies! And I must say, it was such a kick searching for that and seeing that it had been dug up not only once, but twice! I recall that I was really embarrassed to write it and post it online for others to see, so I'm really relieved that there were people who liked it.

Anyway, I hope to be much more than a glorified observer now. I really can't wait to write some obvs and maybe a few more stories! It's been really fun to look around the forums these last few days while waiting for my registration to take and see folks that I remembered from the very first time I came here! I hope I get to know all of y'all. :zippy:

Take care, and see y'all 'round!

I didn't even know you could log in as a guest! Or am I missing something there?... I'm sure someone will correct me and make me feel silly ^^;

Anyway, it's nice to have you around! I like pretty much everything people contribute to these boards, because I like reading about fetish stuff. I hope that you don't feel nervous at all about posting!

Hi Murphy and good to meet you. If there's anything you need help with, just ask.

I didn't even know you could log in as a guest!

You can't log in as a guest any longer though if you make a few posts and then stop using your account for a long time, then your account will be changed to having guest status.

I didn't even know you could log in as a guest!

Your guest is as good as mine........

Anyway, welcome to the forum Murphy D, have fun!

:zippy:

Ahhh, I was wondering about that whole guest thing. I was like..."wait, if I could've been a guest back then, why can't I now?" Haha, so that clears that up, thanks Vetinari! I wonder what else has changed since the last time I checked in on this place...I think that would've been some time in 2007/2008?

Hey there, Murphy. I think it's really cool that you've joined - sort of a "homecoming of the mysterious stranger", as it were. I'm sure quite a bit has changed since your last visit - there's a new adult section in the Obs and Stories sections (you'll be able to see those once you've finished your validation), a new Writers' group that allows you to edit your posts over a longer period in order to add to/modify your story threads, tons of new members and even some new staff members, just to name a few.

Have fun joining in - I know from experience it really is an awesome feeling to jump in proper for the first time, so I fully hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Mute Poet! That is what it feels like. :twisted: Very glad to finally have a real name here.

I did notice the new adult section of Obs and Stories, that'll be fun to explore once my validation period is up! Out of curiosity (and a little bit of over-eagerness), what determines how long validation lasts?

Well there's really no hard-and-fast timeframe for validation. It depends on a few key elements. The first is that you've posted a certain minimum amount of times (I think it's in the neighborhood of 30-40 that will make you eligible for consideration), but the quality and nature of the posts you make is just as - if not more - important. Generally we look for positive contribution (even if it's just in the form of actively posting), posts with reasonable content (ie most of your posts aren't just 5 word blurbs), and whether or not you've stuck to the forum rules and guidelines (have not been warned since joining). Once you meet those criteria, then you'll likely be validated once the admins do a batch of validations (generally these are done when they have the free time to do them, so they vary as to when they take place). As a very loose rule of thumb a seamless validation should take round about 1-2 months.

You can also check out the Read Before Posting section if you haven't already. It's got tons of relevant information for newly-joined members and very likely could answer questions you didn't even know you had yet! :twisted:

Sweet, sounds good to me! I'll be a good poster, I promise. :cry: Can't wait to get my creativity flowing and write some stories...I feel like I haven't been in touch with my fetish in so long!

And I'll try not to chomp at the bit too much waiting for my validation period to complete. :evil:

And thanks for the welcoming, y'all!!

Welcome, Murphy D! Glad you came back to the forum and decided to become a member! :jump:

Me too, I'm having a blast! SO happy I joined! :pile:

(I swear though, this place has the most bizarre smilies! :laugh: )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm also a long time lurker, just commenting here to say how creepily in love with your writing I am. :lol:

Hahaha, thanks a ton Bangbang! :shy: I've really recieved such a friendly, awesome welcome here. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Archived