Sneeze Fetish Forum

How to fight loneliness?

Dopey

Had this brilliant fic idea inspired by some drabbles, this first chapter is kind of a pre-sneezefic and most of the sneezing are towards the end, jsut felt it needs to start somewhere before we get to that, anyways, tell me if this is interesting enough to continue. i hope you like it! it's a House/Wilson story and really is all about their friendship so as you know, it's angst and humor all in a neat package :nohappy:

Summery: Wilson is lonely since Sam left him, House is lonely in a relationship with Cuddy that he keeps messing up, and neither will admit it. Sneezing has to be the end result on both ends right? lot's of sneezing Wilson and sneezing House!

“How to fight loneliness?

Just smile all the time,

grind your teeth ‘till meaningless,

and sharpen them with lies…”

“Open…” James Wilson ordered the clinic patient; he shined the light into the man’s mouth, and proceeded to listen to his chest with his stethoscope.

Wilson sighed, “Must be that nasty flu that’s been going around… I’ll prescribe you with antibiotics, if you still feel bad in the next couple of days, just come back…”

“Danks doc…” the man said and smiled at Wilson, he had that ability, to make people smile even though he was giving them the news they we’re sick.

Wilson stepped outside, sighing, he placed the man’s chart in a pile at the nurses station, and went to grab a new file, his hand was suspiciously held back by a cherry wood cane.

“Busy House…” he said without even looking up.

“Need your help…” House shrugged.

Wilson raised an eyebrow, “If I will speak in Swahili will you understand House? I’m busy, some of us actually do our clinic duty, and there’s a nasty flu going around.

House blocked Wilson in his spot as he was about to leave, there was no reason for Wilson to try and get away since his best friend was in fact so much taller than him.

“What?!” He asked angrily.

“Cuddy’s mad…” House said, giving Wilson his absurd puppy dog eyes.

“And you’re surprised?” Wilson asked, “House, she’s mad at you practically every day!”

“I know!” House bellowed, “That’s the problem! You won’t hang out with me anymore so I have to spend every day with her thus she doesn’t get a break from me, I don’t get a break from her kid, I say some stupid stuff as a result, yeah, she’s pissed...”

Wilson sighed, “House, it’s not my fault your relationship with Cuddy is built on the foundation of your friendship with me”

House made a face, “I beg to differ, it kind of is…”

Wilson was getting angry now; House could see his nostril’s flaring, “oh really? How is this my fault according to your twisted House logics?” he crossed his arms in anger.

“Ever since Sam left you…” but House’s chain of thought was cut off by Wilson.

“Don’t,” he threatened, “Don’t you dare bring Sam and my break up into your twisted logic that you call a relationship…”

House just lowered his head; in return Wilson rolled his eyes and walked away angrily, going into exam room 2 to see another patient.

House looked around, the clinic could sure use some more help, and he could sure use to be away from Cuddy and closer to Wilson, it was perfect, Cuddy would never think of looking for him at the clinic, and Wilson was right there, he grabbed a file from the nurse station, “I will be consulting Dr. Wilson in exam room 2…” He told her, and limped away to go poke in his friends brain some more – Good times, god did he miss the good times, not that he would ever tell Wilson that.

…………………………………………

It was the morning after that Wilson woke up and noticed he was starting to get a headache, shrugging it off as his bad mood and the House-clinic-overdose he received yesterday he started to get ready for work.

,”Akkk’chERrrr!” he sneezed, making his head pound even harder. He shook it off and looked at his alarm clock, 10 minutes, that’s all he had to get ready for work, or else he’ll be late, sniffing harshly he combed his hair, he couldn’t believe he woke up so late, maybe House was rubbing off on him.

“Echh’kkkkKKKSHH!” another sneeze, he knew he was coming down with something, but he didn’t care, work would take his mind off of things, and besides, everything in the loft reminded him of Sam. He picked up his briefcase and headed to his car.

……………………………………………

Cuddy was getting ready for work, House slept over that night again, and once again, they had a ridiculous fight, she was used to House getting up at the last moment to join her, or letting her know the status of his current patient and thus using it as an excuse to sleep in, but this morning was different, he wasn’t even talking to her as she passed by the bedroom, no remarks about her breasts, no pleads for her to get dressed in the room and not the bathroom, nothing, she wondered if House was taking their arguments to heart more than he would show. She walked over to the bed and shook him gently from his sleep.

“Hey…” She said softly, “House!” She added a bit more loudly.

Two blue eyes appeared before her, he coughed.

“You coming to work?” She asked. No answer.

She sighed, “I’m asking as your girlfriend, not as your boss…”

He cleared his throat, “What’s the difference these days?” he felt his nose trickle so he turned his head to the other direction, “kKkkshchhh” He hid a sneeze in the pillow.

“Bless you, you ok House?” She asked suspiciously, she placed a hand on her boyfriend’s neck.

“I’m fine, I’ll be at work in an hour, leg needs more time…” He sniffed.

“Stay here…” Cuddy sighed, “You’re warm, I think you’re coming down with something, take the day off, you win…”

House pulled himself up to a sitting position, “I’ll be in, in an hour…” he croaked, there was no way in hell he was going to give Cuddy the satisfaction, next fight she can use this and tell him how lazy he is for faking sick and skipping work, oh, he was going to work, no way in hell he wasn’t.

Cuddy sighed, “Why does everything have to be a game?” she left the room and went off to work.

“Achhh’Kkkkshh” He sneezed freely once she left the room, “Because if it’s real, I will never win…” he told himself, shut out of bed and started to get ready for work.

Chapter 2

Wilson stepped out of his car and unto the icy surface of the parking lot, the snow swooshed as he made careful steps in order not to slip, “Aeeekkkshhhhchh!” his whole frame rattled forward as he nearly tripped, but before he even had a chance to straighten up he heard a “clunk” sound, and felt something hard crash against his knee, it was a matter of a millisecond and he was lying down faced with a pile of snow. He knew it wasn’t the sneeze that caused him to trip; it wasn’t exactly the most brilliant deduction since he was staring at a pair of gray and yellow Nike’s and that evil cherry-wood cane.

“AphhhRchhh!” He sneezed again, causing snow to blow all around him, he sniffed and tried to get up, but his head felt too dizzy, a hand was offered to him, but he just rolled his eyes, coughed and made it up on his own, now facing his soon to be former best friend.

“Why House?” Wilson asked, his nose trickled and he felt like he desperately needed a tissue, the cold air burned his airways, and he felt a sneeze should be coming at any moment.

House shrugged, “You just make it so easy…”

Wilson didn’t know what it was, but he detected a strange depth to House’s voice, almost like he was slurring. “AAAkkkttchhhshh! AharrrchhhKhsh, ERRCHArro” he sneezed again, and again, a total of three sneezes, which made House raise an eyebrow, “You ok?” He asked Wilson.

Wilson coughed, “Like you would care! You tripped me in the snow! I’m all wet! eechCHCHkkkshh!” he was really angry now. And decided it would be best to start walking, as far away as he could from House, from all of human kind if he could. But House wasn’t prepared to just let Wilson go.

“What’s the deal with you?!” House asked as he limped to catch up with Wilson.

“I can out run you House!” Wilson snarled without looking back.

Wilson’s thoughts we’re raging, House was really determined to get on his nerves, only this time, he had done it, maybe it was the fact that he felt stuffed up and like shit, maybe it was his break up with Sam, maybe it was the fact that House had Cuddy and was still acting like an ungrateful jerk, maybe it was everything, but Wilson turned around, slammed House’s cane into the air ‘causing the older man to fall flat on the ground.

There was silence for a good minute, Wilson glared down, face red with anger, he was breathing heavily, waiting for his friend to respond, a cheeky remark, a deflection, anything, but House just lay there, and after a minute the only sound he let out was a deep cough, and he snarled as he tried to reach his bad leg.

“House…” Wilson sighed, he kneeled towards his friend, “We’re even, you tripped me, I tripped you, come on, get up…”

“errKKshhh” a small sneeze, followed by a series of small coughs was the only response Wilson got from House.

“Come on House, don’t be over dramatic, sorry I made your leg hurt….” Wilson tried again, when that didn’t work, he tried to pull House up, he grabbed the older man under his shoulder and pulled up.

SLAM!

Wilson didn’t even see that one coming, but in a matter of seconds House’s fist hit his face and they we’re both crashing to the ground, Wilson felt the taste of blood, in his nose, in his mouth. He grabbed House’s leg and prevented him from getting away, as they we’re struggling in a pile of snow and blood, they we’re suddenly stopped by a sound.

“What the hell is going on here?!” Cuddy asked angrily. Both men let go.

“eeHrrrchHCCC!” Wilson sneezed harshly, “He’s insane!”

……………………………………………………………….

They were now sitting in Cuddy’s office, towels over their wet clothes, Wilson also held a hanky to his bloody nose, which would not cooperate at all,

“Arrkkshhh! Arrchhhh, AEEKshhhtchhh!” He kept sneezing.

Once he was done sneezing, Cuddy stared at them, both looked pathetic, Wilson’s nose was bleeding, his hair still had white snow flakes all over, his tie hung loosely on his shirt collar, his cheeks we’re red and he was sporting some decent bags under his eyes. House was not looking any better, his shaky figure at a weird angle Cuddy suspected made his leg hurt less, his eyes looked glassy and unfocused and his nose was running much like a child, though he hid sniffles every few seconds to try and control it.

“Explain…” Cuddy asked, her eyes piercing a hole through them with anger.

“Nothing to explain…” Wilson was the first to speak, “ArrkkkSchchhh! Can I go now? I think I need the day off after all…”

Cuddy glared at House with a “What did you do to him?” kind of look.

House shook, “What?!” He asked.

Cuddy rolled her eyes, “Did I not tell you to stay out of work today?”

Wilson chuckled, “Seiously? He got the day off?” he turned his gaze to House, “You came especially to make me miserable?” He then turned to Cuddy, “Why the hell would you give him the day off?! Arrtckkkshhh!”

“Never mind that, neither of you are going home…” Cuddy said, Wilson and House looked back at her with wide shocked eyes, she sighed, “I don’t know exactly what is going on, but both of you are sick, both of you are too shaky to get yourselves home, and both of you need some fresh dry clothes, so here’s how it’s going to go, both of you, are going to follow me to admission, get yourself dried up and some fluids and then maybe, just maybe I will let you go your separate ways…”

“Are you joking?” House chuckled.

Cuddy smiled, “Both of you are fired if you don’t…And since I have to close the Oncology and the Diagnostic department for you two idiots, I would rather have you here as proof that i am not at fault...”

She walked out the office and signed them to follow her. She knew they didn't need to be admitted, but she was curious as to why they we’re fighting in the first place, it wasn’t the most brilliant excuse, but she thought there’s no harm in keeping them in since obviously they were both acting destructively. This was going to be an interesting day…

Awwww... so cute. :bleh::blushing:

And... it goes Perfectly w/ my new avatar. :kisscheek::drool:

Fun, fun. :twisted:

lol, you're fast aren't you? I can see Sarah the cat on Wilson's lap in your avatar, i love it, u don't waste any time.

This fic is so based on that episode, the title is from the song they played at the end of the episode, I just got the feeling in the end like both House and Wilson feel lonely but don't know how to voice it, so I love shoving them in each others face :winkkiss:

I hope that's what will happen on the show too :blushing:

CHAPTER 3

Cuddy stood out of the room she admitted House and Wilson to. In an effort to make they’re lives even further miserable, she sent Dr. Franklin into their room to examine them and make sure they are ok, she knew it was probably just that bug that has been going around, but if there’s one thing moody sick doctors hate- it’s doctors.

Dr. Franklin came storming out of the room, cursing under his breath.

“Are they ok Dr.?” Cuddy asked.

“Well…” Dr. Franklin began to explain angrily, “Dr. House sneezed in my face and Dr. Wilson told me to shove my stethoscope somewhere, that is not my pocket…then he also sneezed in my face…”

Cuddy sighed.

“I would have expected that from your boyfriend who you show favoritism towards everyday and has no regard for human kindness, but Dr. Wilson kind of caught me on surprise, bugger has a good aim too.”

Cuddy couldn’t help but to smile under her breath, “Are they ok?” She finally asked.

“Nurse hooked them to IV’s, put them in dry hospital gowns, they have that flu that’s been going around, nothing to worry about physically, it’s they’re sanity I would worry about…” Dr. Franklin rolled his eyes and walked away. “Like giving a medical license to a bunch of four year olds with snotty noses…” He mumbled under his breath.

Once Dr. Franklin walked away, Cuddy went inside the room. House appeared to be sleeping, his head sliding off his pillow and his mouth open in a weird angle that proved he probably could not breath out of his nose. He looked rather pale and feverish, which worried her, but she was also reminded that she was angry with him, and that whatever he might be feeling at the moment, is probably his own fault.

“Arkktchhh! Err-Ah-HHchhchh Kkshhchh!” Cuddy turned and saw Wilson, he was propped on a mountain of pillows, his red nose twitching and whistling. Cuddy smiled sympathetically.

“How are you feeling?” She sat by him and asked.

“ArtshKkshhh”, he sneezed again and followed with a rather harsh cough, “Like crap, and him snoring away in the corner isn’t helping either…” He shot a mean look towards House.

Cuddy gave Wilson a soft look, “Come on Wilson, he’s sick too, cut him some slack…”

“Oh yeah? ArtshhKkkkkshh!” Wilson raised an eyebrow and let the sneeze take over him before he continued, “The whole reason he’s been driving me crazy since yesterday is because you won’t cut him any slack!” He coughed. He then wondered if telling Cuddy that was the right thing to do or was he just angry?

Cuddy’s face wrinkled into a frown, “He told you that?” she asked.

Wilson sniffled, “Cuddy… Seriously, you’re just as bad as he is, you two deserve each other, ArkkktschchhChhh!” His throat now rough from sneezing, “Please go, neither you or House seem to understand that I am not in the mood to talk you two through your relationship troubles….”

Cuddy nodded, slightly insulted, she walked away, “Tell House I stopped by when he wakes up…”

The door closed, Wilson was left, he felt raged, he didn’t understand why. House has always been selfish, always been doing things to serve his own interest, why was this any different?

He tried to fall asleep, but his stuffy head wouldn’t allow it, he wondered how House could fall asleep so easily, than he remembered he was dealing with a man that took naps in every corner of this hospital over the years, probably felt like home, home, that’s where Wilson wanted to go, but even his home wasn’t home anymore, something was missing…

He looked over at House and rolled his eyes, “It’s always something to do with you isn’t it? AkkkktchhARerrr!”

CHAPTER 4

It was noon when House finally woke up, he guessed he must’ve been asleep for about three hours by the change of staff walking out of the room and by the smell of the disgusting hospital lunch that was placed next to him, he coughed roughly, regretting even opening his eyes he turned around and saw Wilson asleep in the hospital bed next to him. His leg was acting up terribly, he looked at the IV he’s been hooked to before remembering Cuddy probably told the nurse not to give him any pain meds. “AKkkkkkktTttchhhh!” He sneezed, it made his whole body ache though his instinct led him to his bad leg, and he clutched it miserably.

“You can never keep it quiet can you?” House heard Wilson’s stuffy voice ask him. He turned around and faced his friend.

“Feeling any better?” House asked, pleading with his leg to stop for a moment so he can speak to Wilson.

Wilson swung forward, “AttChhhhh-Eh-RRRCchhhhh-kshhh!” He glared at House before gathering a wad of tissues from the nightstand and blowing harshly at his wounded nose.

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’?” House tried to joke, raising an eyebrow, he felt like a puppy, wagging his tail waiting for affection and in return just getting smacked on the nose with a newspaper, Wilson wasn’t having any of it.

“Why did you trip me on the snow?” Wilson asked House.

House coughed, “I dunno…”

“Yeah you do…” Wilson observed, “You just don’t want to tell me! Arttchhhkshh!” He was getting real short tempered by his frequent sneezes.

“Bless…” House said, “Wilson what the hell do you want? You’ve been acting like a moron ever since Sam dumped you….”

Wilson cut House short, “Oh! And the years of you acting like a moron and me putting up with it? All I asked was for a couple of weeks to get over this and you have been harassing me left and right and look where I am now!” Wilson made a hand gesture towards the hospital bed and the monitor he was hooked up to.

House sniffed and looked at the monitor, “You’re mad…” he observed.

Wilson’s mouth opened in shock, “Wow Sherlock! You think??” he said sarcastically.

“I mean your BP, it’s spiking, you need to calm down…” House said, “ArtkkChhchhh” he let out a sneeze that made him swing his head back to the pillow.

“You…” Wilson began, but his nose had other ideas, it wrinkled and trickled until he couldn’t control it anymore; “Arkktchhh-! EECHHTTshshhhh!’ He sneezed, he cupped his mouth in his hand and coughed, after he caught his breath, he continued, “You, House, are off drugs, you have Cuddy, you have a relationship and you’re still acting like an ingrate. Why do you need to negate eberything? Atrrchhhkksh!”

House glanced at his suffering friend, this was a first for him, to see Wilson like that, even when he divorced the other times, it was never like this, it was like a role switch, and House should be the happy logical one in a relationship holding the pieces of Wilson in place. But they we’re both lying there, incredibly broken men, and neither will admit it.

“The worst of it is…” Wilson coughed, “Is that even when you should be happy, you’re not, and you try to make me miserable…”

The thought that went through House’s head was: “That’s not true… I’m worried about you….” But what he said was nothing; instead he just fidgeted in his spot and cleared his throat, trying to find a way to make his leg not hurt so damn much.

Awww!! *snuggles Wilson* But House *is* trying to help you, you goof. He :wub:s you and wants you to get to be happy. Preferably w/ someone deserving.

This might be the last chapter or it won't , i'm still on the fence about it.

CHAPTER 5

“Breathe…” Cuddy ordered House as the cold stethoscope stuck to his back. He complied, letting a small cough at the end.

“I’m fine, can I go home now mommy?” House joked. She half smiled at him, the kind of smile that meant to warn somebody.

She sighed, “What’s up with Wilson?” She asked him as she glanced to the other man who was sleeping at the moment, snoring loudly from congestion. She handed House his clothes and an antibiotic pill out of an orange bottle.

He glanced at her with puppy dog eyes, then at the pill.

“I can’t give you anything for the leg…” She said, “Antibiotics, you’re sick, don’t give me that look…”

He sighed and dry swallowed the pill. “He should be happy…” he said quietly.

“Who?” Cuddy asked.

“Wilson…” he let out a small cough, “I always was the one to screw things up, even with you…” He paused “Arrkktchhh!” and sniffed, “Even with you I still screw everything up, so why is he the one unhappy?”

Cuddy sat by House, she gave him a peck on the chick, “You’re worried about your friend, and that’s sweet, and…” she chuckled, “very unlike you, but your happiness does not affect his and vice versa…”

She looked at him, playing with the hairs that stuck to his forehead.

“What about us?” He asked in a hoarse voice.

Cuddy sighed, “You can think about us when you get better, get dressed, go home, I’ll come see you tonight…” She gave him a kiss and left the room.

House had other plans though

………………………………………………………

The parking lot was still snowy and beyond freezing, House was beginning to run out of patients, “Artkkchhshh-erhshhKshh-chhh!” He didn’t know who was fighting harder, his leg or his nose, but both were not fans of the cold this moment, still, he stuck by his guns and waited, until a shadowy figure appeared.

“House…” Wilson said, “Get away from my car….”

“Wanna come over?” House asked, “I got scotch and some canned soup and the monster truck rally on my DVR…”

Wilson’s face twitched in a “what the hell” kind of way, though it might have just been the fact that he really needed to sneeze.

“Arthchchhh-KkKKKRRTTcttttchhhh-rhhchhhh-eh…” so he did.

“Should I take that as a ‘yes’?” House asked wide-eyed.

Wilson sighed, his nose and mouth still cupped in his hands, “Do you happen to have a tissue on you?” He asked in a muffled voice.

House searched his pockets, handing Wilson whatever tissue paper was left in his coat pockets.

Wilson gladly took them, blowing his nose harshly, “Akkktchh-Kkkshhhh-rchhhhAshShhhhrr!” he sniffed miserably.

“How come you’re not sneezing as much as I am?” Wilson finally asked House when he was able to speak again.

House smiled, “Ahh, interesting question, as a matter of fact, you seem to be expelling of your sickness way more effectively then I am, me on the other hand, I have a fever of 102 and can’t cough a smidge to save my live…” He shrugged, “Cuddy says I have a chest infection…”

Wilson’s mothering instincts kicked in, “Why are you standing in the snow then? You want to get sicker?” He croaked.

“No…” House said, clearing his throat, “I want a ride, to my place, and some scotch, you in?” he raised an eyebrow.

Wilson, for the first time that day smiled, “Limp your ass into the car…” he said.

It was the perfect plan, House missed Wilson, and Wilson always needs to be needed. Plus there was booze and Monster Trucks involved, this was happiness.

Archived