Sneeze Fetish Forum

Little Consolation

matilda3948

Just a little story that combines my love of "Criminal Minds" with my (sick) love of animal-hoarding shows. Not sure if it's a single drabble or multiple-part story. Time will tell...

Title: "Little Consolation"

Character: Hotch (M) allergic to cats.

Disclaimer: Never owned Criminal Minds. Never will.

The profile was right—which was of little consolation considering their unsub had killed five women before they caught him. They knew he would be in his late 40’s, white, single, and live in an isolated area outside the town. They also knew he wouldn’t go down without a fight. The team surrounded the house and entered on Hotch’s go ahead. They swarmed the inside and when their unsub raised his gun towards Emily, Morgan dropped him with a single shot. As soon as the threat had been neutralized, the team set about securing and processing the crime scene.

“What on earth is that smell?” Rossi asked.

“Ammonia. Most likely from the high number of cats. It doesn’t look like our unsub was too into housekeeping,” Reid said. As soon as he heard the word “cats” Aaron cringed. Reid was right. He hadn’t noticed it when they entered the house, but now that the danger was passed, Aaron was able to see the telltale signs of animal hoarding. There were ten cages against the living room wall, dirty food and water dishes scattered around the room, but there were no actual cats to be seen. Hotch said a silent thanks for their absence and gave out assignments for processing the scene and containing the media. They had almost no occasion to encounter cats in their line of work and, if they did, it was simply a single housecat or two, so no one on the team knew about he was allergic As he moved through the house, however, Hotch knew that might change soon. He could already feel his eyes and nose beginning to burn. He and Emily began to collect the evidence from the master bedroom that they needed to close the case. They worked in silence for about five minutes when he felt his breath begin to shallow. He sealed the evidence bag he was holding and dropped it in the box sitting on the bed. His nose felt like it was on fire and he new he wouldn’t even have time to remove his latex gloves before he sneezed. He turned away from Prentis and caught a sneeze in the crook of his arm. Hihhishhh!

"Bless you,” she said.

“Thank you.” He began to reach for another evidence bag when the itch in his nose became unbearable. HihhISHHH!! Again he sneezed into the bend of his arm.

“Bless you again,” Prentis said with a bit more surprise. Hotch didn’t answer though; he was to preoccupied trying to pull off his gloves before the next sneeze struck. He just managed as his breath caught. But, with his hands free, he was able to stifle two back-to-back sneezes by pinching his nose between his thumb and forefinger. Emily still noticed the jerk of his head though. “You okay?” she asked.

“Fine. Excuse me,” he said. She looked skeptical but didn’t say anything. Everyone was entitled to a few sneezes—even Aaron Hotchner. She knelt down on the floor and collected several carpet fibers to send to the lab when she happened to glance under the bed.

“Oh, hey there, little guy,” she said and reached under the bed. “I found one of the cats,” she said. “Make that two of the cats.” She stood back up and put two large cats on the bed. This was what Hotch had been dreading since realizing their unsub was an animal hoarder—the discovery of the living animals. The fur and pet dander was bad enough when it was settled on the surfaces, but he knew it was going to be a struggle to keep his allergies under control when live cats started appearing.

I've only ever seen a few episodes of this show but I know the characters well enough to find this line hilarious.

Everyone was entitled to a few sneezes—even Aaron Hotchner.

I definitely think this should continue! You can't just end with two cats - maybe after they find twenty-five or so. :dribble:

Heh heh, I agree with Anonymouse. Can't wait until all the cats crawl out of all the nooks and crannies. :dribble:

I'm not familiar with this show, but I googled Aaron Hotchner and YUM, what a great nose. (Also, why is the second photo of him on google an image of him in a corset? lol, hot)

I'd love to read more of this for sure!

Sneezy Hotch? Sneezy Allergic Hotch?! :D:D:):blink::wub: I LOVE IT!!!!! :blushing: haha thanks so much for writing this! you should so continue!

Aww...thanks guys :D It was a slow day at work so I've got more for you.

The fur and pet dander was bad enough when it was settled on the surfaces, but he knew it was going to be a struggle to keep his allergies under control when live cats started appearing.

He didn’t have to wait long. Aaron slid the closet door open and found himself face-to-face with an orange tabby cat. It leapt off the shelf, whooshing by him as it jumped on the bed. Hotch tried to focus on the task at hand; the sooner they finished processing the evidence, the sooner they could get out of the house. But his eyes itched, his throat itched, and his nose was unbearable. He turned towards the bedroom door when he heard a clattering noise, followed by Reid’s voice.

“Ow! That one bit me!” The cat in question came racing into the bedroom and dashed under the bed. Three more ran in a few seconds later and Hotch gained a new appreciation for the term “cat fight.”

“Where the hell is animal control?” Prentiss shouted towards the others.

"They won’t come in until the scene is secured,” Morgan yelled back. “But I think boy genius is going to need a rabies shot.”

Somewhere in the midst of the conversation Hotch’s immune system finally won. He silently stifled three strong sneezes. The fourth and fifth, however, refused to be held back. He sneezed into cupped hands Hihhhishhh!! HIISSHH!! Emily had had enough. She put down her evidence bag, peeled off her gloves and walked over to her boss. She took him by the shoulder and turned him around so he had to face her.

“Did you catch a cold or—”

“Allergic to the cats,” he finished for her. She winced in sympathy. “I’m fine. I just…hehh…heh…” he held up a finger to ask her to wait. He turned away and failed in his attempt to stifle another three sneezes. Hehhnxgsht! Hehhgxcht!! Ngshxt!!

“Bless you. Okay, you’ve got to get out of here,” Emily said.

“Prentiss, I’m fi…HehhIHXCHT!! fine.”

“Yeah, yeah. I know. You’re fine. Except that we’re leaving before your throat swells up and I’ve got to stick you with an epi-pen.” She took his forearm and pulled her reluctant unit chief towards the back door. They passed Rossi who was working in the kitchen.

“You guys done already?” he asked.

“No,” Prentiss said as they walked down the three steps to the backyard. Dave followed them outside and watched as Emily practically forced Hotch to sit down on the bottom step. Just as he was about to ask what was going on, Hotch lurched forward with several sneezes. Hihhishhh! HehhIHXCHT!! Hehh…heh…heh…ehhIHHTCHSHH!! “The cats,” Prentiss said to Rossi by way of explanation. Hotch was sitting with his eyes closed, hands cupped about a foot away from his face, as his breath was already growing ragged again. “Hotch, I’m going help you take your vest off,” Emily said as she knelt down next to him and reached around to start unbuckling his bulletproof vest. Before he had time to argue, she’d undone half the straps. She was nearly done when the urge to sneeze came surging back. He wasn’t able to get his arm free to cover the sneeze so he turned as far away from her as possible and sneezed openly towards the grass. HehhEhtcshhh!!

“Sorry,” he said.

“No problem,” she shrugged off his apology and lifted the vest over his head. Now he was finally able to reach into his pocket and pull out his handkerchief. He gave his nose a quick blow before catching another sneeze in the white fabric. Hehhschmpt!! Emily gave him a critical look. He was flushed and his eyes were red and watery. “Hotch, I was kidding before about the epi-pen, but I’ve actually never seen someone sneeze like this. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Just have to wait…hehh…heh…wait… Hehhgxcht!! Ngshxt!! wait for it to pass,” he said.

“Bless you,” Prentiss and Rossi said in unison. “Why don’t you take your tie off?” she asked. “It’ll help you breathe better.”

He shook his head ‘no’, but couldn’t respond because the next round of sneezing was fast approaching. He brought his handkerchief back up to cover his nose and mouth before succumbing. Hiihmpschh!! Hehptschh!! Hehhktschh!

“Take the damn tie off, Aaron,” Dave said. Hotch looked up and saw the unique combination of concern and aggression. He begrudgingly loosened the knot at his throat. “Give it to me,” Dave said and, once Hotch handed over his tie, “Now undo the first two buttons of your shirt.” Hotch glared at him but Dave just raised an eyebrow as daring the younger man to argue with him. Aaron complied and, although he would never admit it, felt better without the vest and tie. He was still sneezing in threes and fours, but he was getting more a reprieve in between fits. Dave crouched down until he was eye to eye with Aaron. “Do not move off this step until I come and get you. You will step foot in that house until we ready to quickly pass through the kitchen, out the front door, and to the SUV. Do you understand?” Hotch nodded. “Good.” Dave stood up and went back towards the house. Hehhgxcht!! Hehngtchhh! Hehhktshhh! “Bless you, Aaron” Dave called over his shoulder.

Ohhh this poor guy, what a fit! ): He's so helpess and overwhelmed!

This is such a great story, I really love it. :drool: Thank you so much for writing more!

So. Many. Sneezes. :drool:

I totally approve of their undressing him while he's having a fit. They've all got the right idea. :drool:

EEEee!!asysplasysdflkjs df :drool::D

I am so in love with Hotch and all th men on that show. This was so perfect and adorable. Thank you so much!

Wow. Normally, for me, allergies are just...meh. But I read this because it's, you know, Hotch, and your writing's always great. And it's amazing!

Archived