Sneeze Fetish Forum

Stepping Over the "Matt"

Scion

Same as last time, if you don't like the look of the people in the pic, then pretend it doesn't exist! :clapping: Something about that guy just screamed Matt to me for some reason, and same with the girl--about Lena, not Matt! :dribble:

Matt-Lena-1.jpg

So here we go! No sneezing in the first part, because...well, sneezing would be weird in this part LOL! There will be some soon, I promise! Also, there is some really kind of scaryish/creepy stuff in this, so...if you get squeamish easily...well, be warned. :bounce:

Stepping Over the "Matt"

Part One:

Darkness and tight spaces. The two things he feared the most.

And he was about to experience both. Simultaneously. By choice.

He really was a lunatic.

Shane had been right about that.

He was just like his old man.

The sicko.

Just as twisted. Just as demented. Just as alone.

When the pain hadn’t been enough to clear the fog from his mind, he’d thought of the fear, had been consumed by the fear, had decided to embrace the fear.

So here he was. In a cemetery. Ready to bury himself alive.

Just for a minute’s worth of peace.

Yeah. Lunatic was an understatement.

Matt jumped down into the gigantic hole that had taken hours and hours to dig, even with help, and lay down on his stomach, as not to have dirt sprayed into his eyes, nose, or mouth.

"All right," Matt said tightly, his chest already constricted in a fear he knew would soon be paralyzing. “Do it.”

------

FIFTEEN MINUTES EARLIER

^*^*^

When Lena got home that night, there was a note taped to her front door.

It read: Please, Lena. Come find me.

She stared down at the small slip of paper, then turned it over.

Before it’s too late.

Shiver spiders skittered up her spine. The note wasn’t signed, but she knew who it was from. Matt.

Her first instinct was to tear up the paper and toss it into the wind, but something stopped her. She didn’t know why, but she had the feeling that if she ignored Matt’s strange plea, something awful would happen.

Then again…why should she care what happened to Matt? He was disgusting, despicable, and he’d hurt Cade. Lena didn’t stand for anyone hurting a member of her family.

Besides, this was most likely some kind of sick joke, intended to gained attention. Well, she wouldn’t give it to him. Stubbornly, Lena unlocked the front door and was about to step into the house when her foot slipped on something and she had to clutch the doorframe to keep from going down.

Cursing, she bent and picked up the scrap of paper that had nearly been her downfall, her eyes narrowing. It was an obituary for someone named Gavin Parks. He’d died at the age of thirty-six, thirteen years ago, cause unknown. The article said where he would be buried, but made no mention of a funeral or any family members.

Strange.

Why would Matt leave an obituary under her welcome mat? Was it supposed to be some kind of warning, some kind of threat? Her blood boiled. The little jerk.

Angrily, she stormed into the house, bashing the door shut behind her. Almost the moment she stepped inside, the phone started ringing irritatingly, and Lena picked the damn receiver up just to make the noise stop.

“Hello!?” she barked antagonistically.

“Lena, it’s me again. Wes, I mean. Listen, I’m worried about Matt. He still hasn’t come home and HE’S JUST OUT OF SURGERY!”

Lena had to pull the phone away from her ear to keep her eardrums from bleeding. Then the words registered, and she said, “Huh? What do you mean ‘surgery?’ For what?”

There was an awkward pause, and then, “There was an, um, accident of sorts. Matt ended up with a knife in his, uh, thigh. It wasn’t good, Lena, and I really think he’s gonna do something crazy, so would you PLEASE look into this?”

A knife? In his...thigh? But...why?

“Me?” Lena squawked, unnerved despite herself. “Why ME!?”

Wes sighed. “Because…you’re a girl, and you’re really smart and I think you would be a big help in a crisis such as this. Oh, and you’re really, um, pretty and nice and stuff.”

Lena snorted a laugh. “Oh, flattery, is it? You think that kinda stuff will work on me?”

“I hope,” We said, and he did sound rather hopeful.

Lena closed her eyes, gnawed her lip, a swirl of emotions warring inside her. “All right,” she said finally, reluctantly. “I might have an idea where he is. I’ll look into it and get back to you.”

-------

Matt wanted to scream. Every iota of his being told him to scream, but he dared not open his mouth, knowing the soil would flood his throat and choke him and kill him and then he’d be forever trapped in the darkness of death.

The only thing that scared him more than darkness was death, and the only thing that scared him more than death was Lena’s death.

Terror bled through his skin in tendrils of darkness that wrapped themselves around him, that squeezed the small supply of air from his lungs.

He couldn’t scream out his fear aloud, but he could scream inside his mind, and he did so repeatedly, feeling as if the effort drained away his actual, physical strength.

Ice-cold dirt pressed down all around him, suffocating him, and he swore he felt the writhing forms of worms of some other awful creatures squirming against his crawling flesh.

Yet more terror seized him, nearly causing him to black out--but his head was, at last, crystal clear, his memories, his thoughts, a vivid slideshow in his mind.

Stab yourself, rat. Yeah, that’s right. Stick that cold metal through flesh, sink it through bone, rat. Cut off that pretty pinky of yours, or rat junior over there will be missing a hand before you can so much as spit.

Words in his brain, memories, assaulting him, causing pain to ricochet inside his skull. It was all too much. He wanted the dullness back, the numbness. He didn’t want to feel anymore, didn’t want to remember.

Matt began to thrash--or tried to, anyway. The dirt around him was so firmly-packed it was difficult to move even an inch. So Matt did the only thing he could: he cupped his hand over his mouth to stop the influx of soil--and screamed.

-------

So...I know I haven't said who helped to bury Matt yet, but that will be explained! And there will be lots of sneezing and hugging and stuff!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU ONE OF MY LONG COMMENTS BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAT I CAN SAY OTHER THAN

WOW, and,

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this also means that it is extremely good and you deserve brilliant sales in your book because I am addicted to your material :D )

Hey, everyone, if this is too creepy or something, just let me know LOL and I'll try to tame it down a bit somehow! Thoughts?

:D hm i think i need more to read to give you any good thoughts from me

so far i like it

it´s incredible how you are able to describe the situation in which matt is right now!!!

i can see a clear picture of all this, that´s soooo amazing!!!

Um, wow. I thought with my last few fics I was the queen of angst... :lol: Girl you definitely have me beat.

Aprilcot: Hahaa, I know. But I AM mean! You know that! :lol::fury: LOL! Well, it seems I have reached a whole new level of mean. :clapping: Something to be proud of, for sure!! Haha, thank you! :lol: I hope I can make you enjoy this one as much as the others! I'm so used to m/m that this feels weird! Which is weird!

Ciuty80: Aww, thanks so much! Anything you say makes me all melty inside! You're such a sweetie! And it means a lot coming from you specifically, 'cause you yourself are a good writer. :inlove:

starpollen: Haha, yeah, I always seem to keep going up on the angst-o-meter somehow. Even when I think my stuff can't possibly get more angsty...it does! :wub:

Okay, so there will be sneezing in this one, as promised. :heart: And, um, other stuff. :gap: <-- that's me hoping you like it. And no, I do not have teeth like that. :)

Part Two:

Lena got out of her car and walked anxiously through the gate of the cemetery. Everything about this situation screamed “horror movie.” She kept expecting a man in a scary mask to jump out from behind a tree with a mammoth butcher knife or chainsaw to slice her into ribbons.

Her breath puffed out in the air in front of her, despite the fact that it couldn’t have been any cooler than 60 degrees. Somehow, though, this graveyard was ice-cold, and the moment she set foot within its boundaries, she felt bitter wind sweep through her blood. Even her feet, tucked snugly into a pair of sneakers, were wracked with the frigid tongues of frost drifting up from the rust-colored grass.

“Matt?” she squeaked, gaze rotating from tombstone to tombstone. She’d never seen a cemetery so run-down before. She doubted anyone ever visited the place. The majority of grave-markers were sagging, crumbling away to powder. “Matt!?” she tried again, with a little more force. “Can you hear me!?”

She stopped walking suddenly, and swept a glance around the entire yard, seeing no one. It was dark, but not dark enough to impair her sight. The wind rustled the leaves of the nearby trees, and more shiver-bugs slunk over her skin.

Her feet propelled her forward once more, though she didn’t know why. Her brain wanted her to leave. Her body, on the other hand, was driving her onward.

Gavin Parks, she thought suddenly. If she could find the man’s grave, perhaps there would be some kind of clue. Spurred by this new thought, she took to checking the names carved into each stone, searching. Some of the slabs were so worn she could barely make out the words, but only moments into her search--perhaps out of luck, perhaps out of fate--she found the stone she was looking for.

Gavin Parks.

1962-1998

That’s all it read.

Lena peered around, but found nothing resembling a clue--until her foot sunk into a patch of freshly-turned soil. She looked down and saw that a large chunk of the earth was marred by lopsided globs of hastily piled-on dirt. Dread immediately surged through her chest, and she was down on her knees in a blink, digging, her fingers and hands stabbing through loose ground, burrowing, tossing sprays of earth to either side of her. Dirt lodged itself beneath her fingernails, but she barely noticed, too intent on her task.

“Matt!” she choked out, so afraid her entire body had begun to shake, and she felt ready to pass-out. “MATT! ARE YOU DOWN THERE!? CAN YOU HEAR ME!?”

Her ears strained when she heard a muffled, far-off noise, like someone screaming. Adrenaline jetted through her veins as she continued to dig, putting her entire body into it--even her feet were drilling downward, trying to reach him before…

“HANG ON, MATT!” she screamed hysterically, arms pumping. “I’VE ALMOST GOT YOU OUT!”

-------

“…GOT…OUT!”

Matt wriggled, raked his hands over the layer of earth still packed down atop him. His ears registered sounds being made, but his brain didn’t translate these sounds into meanings. His brain didn’t do much of anything other than scream, “AHHHHHHHHH!”

He was lost.

Gone.

GET ME OUT GET ME OUT GET ME OUT HELP!!!

More thrashing, more mental screaming, more terror. Darkness was closing in, and with it came dearth.

Lungs freezing up.

Blood stopping. Clotting.

Blackness swathing his mind, his soul, until Matt no longer existed, until all that was left of him was a husk.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Tears poured from his eyes, but he could not feel them, did not know them.

“MATT!”

Sound. Louder now, but still without meaning.

He was fading…losing…everything…

-------

“MATT!” Lena shrieked for the tenth time as her fingers encountered cold, wet flesh. She latched onto a pair of broad shoulders and pulled, letting out a demonic screech in the process. “Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God!”

He emerged from the grips of the wintry ground, screaming, gasping, arms flailing crazily, plump tears cascading down his dirt-streaked face, leaving white paths behind them. His eyes were huge, his pupils dilated so much that the blue of his irises was completely invisible. He radiated terror, and showed no recognition as she helped haul him all the way out of the hole and onto solid ground.

He continued to thrash around, pounding his face and fists into the grass, raw, ragged screams splitting from his throat.

Lena shivered, but didn’t back away. Instead, she approached him, put a hand on his shoulder. He didn’t acknowledge her in the slightest. She moved closer, her heart trying to jump up into her throat. She placed her other hand on his back, felt it shudder with each sobbing shout he released.

“Matt,” she said, but her voice was drowned out by his screams, so she put her arms around him, ignoring the flailing of his arms, the stabs of his fists as they pummeled her back, the sting of his fingers as they sunk into her flesh. “Shh, it’s all right. You’re safe now. I’m here. You’re here. You’re alive. It’ll all be okay.”

After a minute, he stopped struggling, and sank against her, his head falling to her shoulder, his arms dropping to his sides like soggy noodles. He shuddered, small whimpers fleeing his lips. She could feel his tears splashing onto her neck, and she locked her arms more securely around him, rocking him slowly back and forth, back and forth, making soothing noises under her breath.

“Hush, now. You’re safe. You’re okay, sweetheart,” she crooned, a fragile calm settling over her.

“L-L-L-Le-n-na?” he stammered through chattering teeth; his voice sounded different, high-pitched and terrified, like that of a young boy.

“Yeah, sweetheart. It’s me. I’m here.” She didn’t know why she kept calling him “sweetheart,” but it felt absurdly natural.

“P-puh-please, L-Lena. D-don’t l-leave m-m-me.” Another shudder ran through him, and his breathing stuttered, as if his chest were collapsing in on itself.

“I won’t leave, sweetheart. I promise. I’m right here,” she assured him, petting the back of his head. Again with the “sweetheart,” she thought dully. What is going on?

This seemed to soothe him a little, though he continued to tremble and weep silently. She let him, held him, stroked his hair, sang to him, until he finally quieted.

“You think you can walk now?” she asked gently, her mind on overload. She wasn’t even sure she could walk herself.

“’Course I can fuckin’ walk,” he grumbled, and Lena rolled her eyes. Matt was back.

“All right then.” She stood.

Matt declined her offer of help and lurched to his feet. When he didn’t fall on his face, Lena turned and started walking back toward her car.

Matt’s boots clomped along behind her--then stopped suddenly. She spun about, pinning him with an impatient glare.

He stood staring off into space, his mouth slightly ajar, his eyes glossy.

“What are you doing?” she snapped irritably. Her anger had begun to return, and now she was wondering why the hell Matt had left her that note, why the hell he’d been buried alive like that, why--

Matt folded at the waist, hands going to his knees. “HerrISSHhhooo!” His head snapped forward, and he stumbled a little. He tried to regain his balance, and would have, too, had not another sneeze overpowered him. “HUHGTCHIEEW!” His knees buckled, and he went down hard.

“Matt!” Lena rushed to him. “Are you okay?”

“Fine,” he grunted, grinding the heel of his hand into his forehead. “Goddammit, that little shit gave me his fucking germs.”

Lena flinched. “What? Who? Cade?” If he said Cade, she was ready to slug him, despite how pathetic he looked.

“No,” he spat, scowling at her. “Wes’s new boy. Hate that dumb kid.”

Lena frowned, staring at Matt’s face, which, beneath the mask of dirt, was white as snow. His features were tense, his skin gaunt, and his eyes glinted with pain.

“No you don’t,” she said confidently.

He blinked at her, then peered down at the ground. “No, I don’t. But I should. I w-wish I diiid. Hehh…” Matt turned his face into his shoulder, and his shoulders jerked as he let out a smothered “Hikt’nuhh!” His gaze swiveled back to her, and the weariness in his eyes took her off guard. He looked…beaten.

Wes’s words came back to her. “HE’S JUST GOT OUT OF SURGERY!”

A wave of guilt washed over Lena, and she said gently, “Bless you. How’s your leg? Are you okay? Are you in pain?”

He stared at her blankly. “My leg?” he asked hoarsely, and swayed to one side.

Lena put out a hand to steady him, but he pushed her away.

“Don’t touch me,” he growled. “I’m fine. I don’t need your help.”

Lena’s brows shot up. “Excuse me? I could have sworn not five minutes ago you asked me not to leave you! What was that all about, then?”

He looked away from her, chin jutting out. “You don’t know anything.”

She sighed. “Fine. Be that way.” She hopped to her feet. “I’ll just leave you here, then, since you obviously don’t need me and you’re just oh-so-fine.” She got about three steps away before he spoke, his voice a low, shame-filled rasp.

“Wait.”

She paused, waited.

“Don’t go.”

“Don’t go…what?” she challenged, though she knew she’d stay whether or not he humored her with good manners.

“Please, Lena. Please…” He coughed, cleared his throat. “Don’t go.”

She turned around, bestowing a forced smile upon him. “Okay, Matthew,” she said. “I won’t go.”

-------

OKAY! I hope you're liking the direction this is taking thus far, because you all know I live to please you! :)

Wow, this is intense. I love that you just exploded into the story like that, it drags you in and won't let you go, which is just what a story ought to do. I know siblings named Lena and Matt, so I'm really glad you provided pictures so that I'm not picturing...them, but yeah, great story. XD;

:blushing: naaahhhhh i´m not such a good writer like you^^ but it makes me happy that you like my story too :cryhappy:

ok comment on your update:

hm, let me see...it´s different to the others...darker and i´m not sure yet if i might start to like matt, he is...well

kind of a meanie, not very polite. sure he has reasons (which we will hopefully get to know in your ongoing story) but right now i really don´t like him. i totally understand lena, i would have react the same way like she did. but i think things will be cleared in the next updates :rolleyes:

btw i LOVE matts sneezes :drool: though he isn´t much the good-guy at the moment.

continue please ^_^

Scion - Um....YEAH I like where this is going! I can't believe you have to ask! :worshippy: I love your writing, I love your stories.. this is awesome! :D More more more. :laugh:

Natto: Thank you! I'm glad it pulls you in. :rofl: Too bad about the brother/sister pair you know, but hopefully my Matt and Lena at least act very differently from them! Haha. I really appreciate your comment.

sillstarsmoons: Thank you! I'm very happy to hear it!

Ciuty80: I think you are a good writer! You have very likable characters, and believe it or not, likable characters are pretty rare! I agree, this is definitely my darkest so far. As for Matt...yep, he is currently a mean, but I'm gonna try my hardest to make you like him! It won't happen right away, but by the end of this story, I'm willing to bet you'll at least "like" him. Oh, yes, I have many plans for my Matt. Hehe, glad you liked his sneezes! And I hope you learn to like him, too. We know Lena will, anyway. >:D

Mims: Haha, well, this story is pretty different from my others I think, but I'm so happy you like it! You've stuck with me through ALL of my stories, and it's just so incredible and you make me so happy! :heart:

So, here we are! Matt is still a bit of a butt, but if I were him, I'd be a double-butt, so props to him for that!

Part Three:

THIRTEEN YEARS AGO

^*^*^

“Stab yourself, rat.”

Matt looked down at the serrated knife the man had thrust into his hand. Stab himself? With a jagged blade? Fright was a living being within him, clawing at his insides with sharp talons, slowing eating at his courage.

He put the blade to his pinky-finger, felt the coolness of the metal.

“Yeah, that’s right,” the man said, his voice full of sadistic excitement as he loomed over the boy’s baby brother, the whites of his eyes the only light in the dark basement. “Stick that cold metal through flesh, sink it through bone, rat. Cut off that pretty pinky of yours, or rat junior over here will be missing a hand before you can so much as spit.”

The boy glanced over at his little brother, who lay curled into a ball by the man’s feet, his shock of auburn hair visible even in the thick blackness. He couldn’t allow his brother to be hurt.

Anger soon replaced his fear, and he briefly considered shoving the knife into the man’s vulnerable belly…but instead, he pressed the blade harder against his flesh…

…and started to saw…

-------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

Matt grudgingly allowed Lena to help him into her car, grumbling all the way. Lena ignored him, used to Matt’s ridiculous behavior. She didn't really known him that well--they’d gone to pre-school together, but then they’d gone their separate ways until high school…then Matt had apparently started up at her brother Shane’s college.

Matt had always hated her. He took every opportunity to pick on her or make her cry, always stealing her food or knocking over her painstakingly-built block-castles and then laughing at her. In high school, he hadn’t been any better, calling her loopy Lena and leering at her every time they passed each other in the hall.

Well, he hadn’t matured any since starting college. If anything, he’d gotten worse, which was quite a feat. She was almost impressed.

“I’m taking you home,” Lena announced when they were both settled in the car.

“No,” Matt ordered, and crossed his arms over his wide chest.

“Yes,” Lena shot back stubbornly. “End of discussion.”

“What are you, my mother?” he snarled. “I said NO, and you’re going to listen to me.”

She snorted. “Or what? You’ll growl at me some more?”

“I can do a lot worse than that,” he snapped, staring broodingly out the window. “Huh’Rrrshhooo!”

Lena glanced over just in time to see a wet spray rain across the window-glass. She rolled her eyes. “Nice, Matthew. You’ve got some nice manners on you. Your mother should be proud.”

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY MOTHER!?” Matt bellowed at her, his voice crackling with furious electricity.

Lena winced, but refrained from flinching. Instead, she pulled the car to the side of the road, turned to him with a stern expression painted across her face, and said calmly, “Get out of my car.”

He stared at her, a heavy frown creasing his brow. “What?”

“You heard me,” she said coldly, fed up with him and his cruelty. “Get. Out.”

All color drained instantly from his face, and his head thwacked back against the window with a thud. He opened his mouth, but no sound was forthcoming. She watched as his pupils slowly dilated. His hand fumbled at the door handle, but his hand was shaking so much he couldn’t wrap his fingers around it.

“I…won’t leave…without Ty,” he croaked in a throaty, tormented whisper. His eyes were on her, but they didn’t really see her--they were far away.

Cautiously, Lena reached to touch his knee.

He startled, jerking violently as if she’d electrocuted him.

“Matt…?” she murmured, feeling helpless and stupid and utterly confused. “Are you…?”

A flush crept over his face, his nostrils flexing as his eyes dripped shut and his brows inched upward. He hunched forward so that his face was buried in his knees. His whole back quaked as…“HurrISHCHhhOO! Huh…hehh…uhESHHhuun!” When he was done, his shoulders continued to shudder.

It took Lena longer than she cared to admit to realize that Matt…was crying…again, and when it finally hit her, the guilt that coursed through her was unlike anything she’d ever experienced. “…Matty…don’t…don’t cry…”

Shockingly, he did not heed her command, remaining bent over, head burrowed between his knees, hands gripping his thighs.

“Matty, please. I’m sorry. Don’t go. I didn’t mean it.” She stroked his back, and, to her surprise, he let her; perhaps he was unaware of her touch.

The only response he gave was a hiccupping sob. God, she hadn’t pegged Matt as the crying type--she would have bet money he didn’t even have tear-ducts!

“Who’s Ty?” she whispered curiously, rubbing circles over his back.

He made a gurgling sound, then began to choke, his back thumping up against her palm. Lena leaned over him helplessly, patting his back; she’d never in her life felt so…gutted, so irrelevant. She wanted to help Matt, but she didn’t know how.

“He’s…my…brother,” Matt answered breathlessly between coughs, and Lena was so shocked by his response she nearly choked on her own tongue.

“You have a brother!?” she blurted stupidly, then wished she could smack herself across the face. Way to be coy, Lena. She frowned slightly, thinking of Ty Callahan, one of her best friends from college...then shook the thought off. It's not as if the name "Ty" were all that uncommon.

Matt’s fit finally subsided, and he glanced up at her with watery eyes that were once again cold and closed-off. “Yeah,” he said stiffly, drawing away from her. “I have a brother.”

She waited for him to elaborate.

He didn’t.

God, the guy could flash from hot to cold in the blink of an eye, and part of Lena was beginning to wonder if his tears were some sort of act to gain attention, or to simply get his way--which he’d done. All he had to do was shed a few crocodile tears and he had Lena wrapped around his finger.

Lord, she was such a fool.

AhhISHhtuu! Hah’hnnk! Nuhh…fuckin’ hate sneezing,” he grumbled, and gave a slushy sniffle as his face emerged from the crook of his arm. “There,” he grunted sullenly.

“Huh?” Would anything he said ever make sense?

“I covered up. You happy now?” He sniffed grumpily.

She shook her head. “Sometimes the male mind amazes me. Truly, do you lot have no logic in you at all?”

He released another articulate grunt.

Lena rolled her eyes for what felt like the thousandth time in the past ten minutes. “Fine, don’t answer me, then. Be an ass. What do I care?” She stomped irritably on the gas and pulled back out onto the road. “God, you make NO SENSE! And, while we're on the subject of you making no sense, let me ask you this: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN THAT FREAKING GRAVE AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE ME THAT CRAZY, CREEPY, AND MANIPULATIVE NOTE!? Oh, Lena, come find me before it’s too late!” she said mockingly, trying to imitate Matt’s deep baritone. “I mean, come on! Are you even sane!?”

“No,” he said simply, matter-of-factly. “I’m not sane, Lena. I’m not sane at all.”

------

Muahahahahahaa! Yup. Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. I know I haven't explained much yet, but I will!

:heart: i really like that you let matt show his embarrassing side!

and i like how he jumpes from the mean guy to the sad guy and back, he really don´t know how to show his feelings :D

though it´s a bit confusing i do like the story so far! ;)

i laughed at this sentence: “AhhISHhtuu! Hah’hnnk! Nuhh…fuckin’ hate sneezing,” :laugh::D

please more...i wonder what he was doing in that grave anyway :yay:

LetMeBe: Hahahaha, yeah, I like tragic heroes--but hey! You're heroines are usually pretty tragic. :) And thanks. :jump:

Ciuty80: Yes, I rather enjoy Matt's embarrassment myself! :nopity: And yep, you've got Matt spot on. He's so confused where feelings are concerned. About Matt being in the grave, well...he WILL eventually explain it Lena, but he's so closed-off it'll probably be a while! Stubborn boy! And thank you as always for the comment. You're the best.

sillystarsmoons: Ohh, I'm very happy to hear it! Thank you! :P

Sorry everyone, but Matt is still...Matt...which means this story will continue to be a bit...obcscure...and confusing...for a little while!

Part Four:

Lena’s blood went cold. “What…do you mean…you’re not…sane?” she croaked, gripping the steering wheel with numb hands.

“Just what it sounds like,” he snapped. “I. Am. Not. Sane. You get it?”

Throat suddenly dry, Lena rasped, “But…what’s wrong with you?”

“Everything,” he said on a sigh, pressing his face to the window-glass.

“Oh.” She should have known he’d be so tight-lipped about it. He was tight-lipped about everything. “So, you’re bipolar, schizophrenic, a sociopath--”

“Jesus! No!” he roared, and she could feel his glare burning the side of her face. “None of those things, all right!? I--don’t know what’s wrong with me. I just…I just…” His head flopped into his open palms. “I just want my brother…”

Lena’s heart squeezed. “Where is he?” she whispered.

Matt shook his head miserably. “I don’t know. I don’t fucking know. I haven’t seen him since…he could be anywhere. With anyone. Fuck, he could even be dead.”

Lena took a moment to think this through, the guilt returning with a vengeance. “What…happened to him, Matthew?”

“Hih’hih’HehISHhuuh!” He thrust his arm up to cover his face. “HexshhUSH! Goddammit, if I sneeze one more time…”

Lena knew he was pointedly ignoring her question, but she went with it anyway, knowing that Matt would only open up if and when he was good and ready. “You’ll what? Bury yourself alive?”

Matt didn’t react the way she’d assumed he would. Instead of growling at her, he paled and glanced away, sweat popping up across his unhealthy pallor.

Yet more guilt assailed Lena; she was really getting tired of feeling like the bad-guy. “Look, I’m sorry, but it had to be said. I mean, Matt, this isn’t normal! Normal people don’t leave creepy notes telling people to find them before it’s too late before going and--I don’t even know what! Matt, seriously, how did you even end up that way!? WHY!? Did someone…do it to you?”

He clutched at his stomach, groaning a little. “Stop. Stop. Stop. Don’t…talk about it. Christ, just SHUT UP!” he grated.

“Are you okay?" she asked, not liking the pain she saw morphing his features. "Matt?”

“You’re still talking,” he groused. “Why are you still talking?”

“Because it’s my right to do so.”

“Remind me why I like you, again,” he mumbled sourly.

Lena felt herself gaping. “What…? You don’t like me! You hate me! In fact, I don’t think anyone in this world hates me quite as much as you do.”

He shook his head, but didn’t argue. Maybe he was too preoccupied with grinding his fist into his nose. From the corner of her eye, she could see his face growing redder and redder by the moment.

“What are you doing?” she asked incredulously.

“Uhhuhhbb…hithuee…” He brought his other hand up to his face and flattened his nose between his palms, canting forward until his chin was almost to his knees.

“You can’t possibly be putting that much effort into not sneezing!” she scoffed, rounding a corner onto Olive Street.

A current rippled through him as he let out a tiny, almost girlish squeak. “Hi’chi!” Immediately, he flushed crimson and tried to cover the noise with a forceful cough.

But Lena wasn’t letting this one go. “What was that!?” she giggled. “You sounded like my cat does when she--”

“SHUT UP!” he hollered, then groaned, clasping his head in his hands. “And stop driving like you’re sloshed while you’re at it. I have no plans of being put in an early grave.”

“HA!” Lena cried, jabbing a finger at him without taking her eyes off the road. “That’s really rich, coming from the guy I just dug out of a freaking pit--in a cemetery--in the middle of the night! Come to think of it, you never answered my question!”

“It was a lot more than one question,” Matt muttered in a husky whisper. “And would you please stop weaving the car from side-to-side like that!? I’m about to yak all over your precious upholstery. And I fucking said please!”

Lena frowned, worry and dread crawling up her spine. “Matthew, I’m not weaving. I’m driving in a perfectly straight line.”

Silence.

“Matt?”

“Ihh’EHhhngchieew!” He lifted his head from his hands and repositioned his nose in between his clenched knees. “Hih’hiihhRrhisshaah! HurrETCHtuuu! Mmnn, Lena,” he moaned pitifully. “I don’t feel good.”

She rolled her eyes. “Suck it up, Matthew. You’re a big boy. You can take it.”

“My stomach hurts.”

“Aww, poor boy,” she crooned as if to a baby. “Do you need some medicine?”

“Jesus, I thought you were nice! But you’re not. You’re cruel.”

From anyone else, she would have taken this for a joke, but from Matt, delivered in that cool, serious voice, well…she didn’t think he was kidding. “Look, you’ll be home in two minutes and maybe you can ask Wes to dote on you and wait on you hand and foot--he’d probably do it, too, knowing Wes. Then again, you mentioned he has a new boy?”

“Yeah,” Matt grunted.

“And this new boy is…”

“A pain in the ass.”

“Yes, but does he have a name? And can I send him flowers?”

“Why would you wanna do that?” Matt growled, straightening up to glare at her with angry blue eyes.

She shrugged. “Well, he annoyed you, didn’t he?”

Matt nodded cautiously.

“That’s reason enough.”

“He’s gay,” Matt said hotly.

Confused, Lena said, “I figured. Usually straight men don’t date guy guys.”

“And he’s a scrawny little shit. And he doesn’t talk. And he looks like a girl. And--”

“What’s your point?” Honestly, Matt made NO sense.

“Nothing.” He tuned away from her, rubbing his eyes.

“Oh, well that makes sense then,” Lena chirped. “So you admit you say things pointlessly and without reason in no particular order?”

A heavy weight suddenly pressed into her thigh, and she glanced down, shocked to find Matt’s head pillowed in her lap. He was scowling, white-faced, eyes surrounded by charcoal smudges, streaks of dirt still clinging to his skin.

“Matty?” she squeaked, tensing at the feel of him.

“I dun’ wanna go withhh you,” he slurred, face glistening with sweat. “Mm’not leavin’ w’out…broth’rr.”

Lena reached down a hand to test his brow, and found his skin fiery hot. She removed her hand, biting her lip in concern. Should she take him back to the hospital? Yes, she decided firmly. She had to. He was clearly ill, and she should have realized sooner just how much so.

Cursing her inability to make good decisions, Lena turned down Lyle Street and headed toward the nearest hospital. Then she buried her hand in Matt's thick hair and stroked his scalp with her fingertips, telling herself the tingling sensation traveling up her fingers and into her arms meant nothing.

-------

Back soon! I :jumpy: you all!

:jumpy:

awwwww i like the small fights between them, the forth and back is funny :nopity:

hope matt won´t be that sick, but let him sneeze more tough he hates it! :P

i just wanted to use the word schizophrenic in my last comment but i wans´t sure

if that would be right...and then lena told it to matt by herself :jump:

OH YES he is REALLY stubborn!

please more :)

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE MISSED SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the arguments they have! They are sooo funny and witty and I actually now think, no, know that I like Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE OFFICIALLY GONE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha

Matt is SUCH a cuty pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he's jealous of Trevor :wub:

HEHE!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the story to be told and for Lena to finally realise that he adores her!!!!!!

It's true, if a boy bully's you, he probably fancy's you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love m/m too, and I know what you mean, lol. Yes, it is weird :blink:

Your astounding meanness is DEFINITELY something to be proud of!

And because you are so mean we enjoy the end all the more!

Haha, I have discovered your evil plan! be EXTRA mean and then more people will like to read the endings haha :nohappy: Joke.

I can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I can't wait to find some more EXCELLENT cuteness like when he'd just come out of the grav and was clinging on to her...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! GOOD WORK

Please Miss, May we have some more?

This is a brilliant follow-up to the Wes story, I love it so far! I can't believe I didn't see it sooner, but I've been pretty busy lately with classes :wacko: I love the way you illustrate the messed-up relationship between the two, it's awesome :yes:

Ciuty80: Don't worry, I won't torture Matt...too much! :lol: The more he hates sneezig, the more I will make him do so! I'm going to try to make him a tad more likable with each update, and we'll see how I do! Thank you sooo much for commenting. :heart: So happy! :jump:

Aprilcot: You're back!!! :woot1: OHHHHH!!!!!! You like Matt, huh!?!?! That was fast! Hahaha! I kind of like him, too--then again, I know everything there is to know about him. :naughty: And YES you're so right. He was SO jealous of Trevor ahahaha. Guys need to lurn that bullying a girl will NOT make her like him! Honestly! :nohappy: There will be lots more cuteness to come. And thank you for the amazing comment! Of course you can have more! I do have a heart. :goof: Most of the time.

obsessed: Aw, thank you so much LOL! I'm sure you can all be great writers if you practice long enough! You don't even want to KNOW how bad my writing was when I first started. :yes:

sillystarsmoons: Hehe, thank you! :lmao: I'm so happy you like it, and you rock for commenting.

sneezelover14: I know how it is! Ugh! That reminds me...I have go do homework now...well, I should. :P Anyway...Thanks so much! Glad you like it, and you know how much I appreciate the comment.

sneezychick93: :D Thank you! :heart: Much appreciated.

:wacko: Whoa. So many comments. It's been forever since so many people have expressed the love ahahaha. You're spoiling me!

Part Five:

When Matt awoke to find himself in a hospital bed…again…he wanted to--wanted to--Christ, he didn’t know what he wanted to do--he just fuckin’ wanted it.

He ripped the various tubes from his arms, swung his legs over the side of the bed, and gathered up his clothes, which were, once again, folded on the chair in the corner of the room; last time, it had been his mother’s doing---this time…

“Traitorous bitch,” he rumbled, tearing off his pathetic hospital gown and throwing his own clothes back on. They were covered in dirt and sweat, but he could detect just a hint of lavender over all the yuck: Lena. His heart, just as traitorous as Lena, clenched at the scent of her on his clothes. Her small, soft hands had touched his filth, had tangled themselves in his hair and caressed his aching head; her hands had soothed away the pain, and her presence had cleared away the fog.

Now she was gone. She’d just…left him.

Like he’d left his brother.

-------

Lena had cried all the way home. She didn’t know why, refused to think about it. Leaving Matt had been…difficult. She’d stayed with him for an hour, then toughened up and high-tailed it out of there. She’d called Wes to let him know she’d found his wayward roommate, and he’d been overjoyed…so maybe Wes and his new boy, whoever he was, would stop in to check on Matt. Or maybe his family would come…

He wouldn’t be alone. So why did she feel so damn guilty?

When she got home she went straight into the bathroom to take a shower. After that, she plopped down in her bed, pulled the covers up over her head…and cried.

It was official. She’d become a watering pot.

-------

Diiing-dooooonggggggg!

Lena jolted awake, clutching her heart and nearly tumbling out of the bed.

Bang! Bang! BangbangbangbangbangbangBANG!

She jumped out of bed, frown falling into place as she tripped down the stairs, wishing her stupid love-dovey parents would come the heck back from the freaking Bahamas already. Their stupid, stupid anniversary was two weeks ago!

Lena snatched her cell-phone up from the hall-table before approaching the door, just in case she had to use it to knock whoever it was out--or to call the cops. Whichever.

Cautiously, heart hammering, she peered through the peephole…into a pair of furious blue eyes, eyes that danced with accusation and betrayal.

“Oh, GOD!” she squealed, yanking open the door with haste. “YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME, YOU JERK!”

Matt stood on the stoop, face pallid, cheeks flushed, teeth gritted. “You,” he spat. “I trusted you.”

The guilt that rose up inside her was so not warranted! She’d done nothing wrong! She’d done what anyone in her place would have! The right thing! The only thing! She opened her mouth to tell Matt just where exactly he could shove his unfounded accusations, but he cut her off ruthlessly.

“You said you wouldn’t leave me. You said…you said…I said I wouldn’t…but I…did.” Without any warning, Matt’s knees gave out and he plummeted forward…straight into Lena.

Ooof!” Lena gasped as Matt’s full weight collapsed atop her. It took all her strength and endurance to remain upright long enough to slowly scoot him into the family room. She angled them both in front of the couch, then released her hold on Matt, who flopped down to the cushions, the sofa’s springs creaking under his rather significant…bulk. The guy was all muscle and no fat.

“I can’t believe you,” she chided, though he couldn’t hear her. “I went out of my way to bring you back to that hospital so you’d at least have a CHANCE of getting well, and what do you do the second I leave? YOU leave!” During her speech, Lena had hoisted Matt’s legs onto the couch and arranged them in what she’d hoped was a comfortable position. Now she glared down at him, exasperated. Would he NEVER learn?

“Hiihh’heeeiiihh…” Matt turned onto his side, facing outward, nose twitching, a grouchy pout taking hold of his features. “Heh’CHhiishhuhh! HahRRrshhuuuew! Huhh’hih! Hiht! …” He gave his head a firm shake, his full lips parting, his expression one of pure torture. Then his whole body shook with a resounding “Hah’EXGSHHCHOO!”

“Well, jeez, Matty” she muttered, a half-smile tweaking her lips. “You trying to break down the house?”

“Mmmnnuh,” he moaned, coiling in on himself as he began to shake. “Nooo, don’t…stop! Please! Leave him alone! Ty! Tyler!”

Lena knelt next to him, touched his brow. “Matty? Matty, come on. You’re safe.” She leaned in closer, her lips mere inches from his glowing cheek. “You’re with me.”

His eyes flew open, wild and full of rage and fear. “NO!” he shouted, shooting upright and knocking Lena onto her rump in the process. Panting, his gaze swiveled to her, and the ferocity in his eyes faded slightly. “You,” he puffed, his chest heaving. “You. I…hate you…” He began coughing in sporadic bursts, the last of which mounted into a full-out frenzy that had him bending at the waist and clutching his knees to keep his balance.

Lena sat beside him and rubbed his back, but he flinched away from her, breathless tears staining his cheeks. She shook her head gravely. He should have stayed in the hospital. Poor guy looked on the verge of keeling over.

“Matthew,” she said tentatively, then added steel to her tone. “You’re sick. You need to be in the hospital, which is why I brought you there. Be reasonable.”

He glared daggers at her, rubbing the back of his neck. “I’b dot sigck,” he protested hard-headedly. “I’b fide.”

“Oh, you’re ‘fide,’ are you?” she said, mimicking his congested voice. “Then tell me, why did you faint on me a few minutes ago? Was my beauty too much for you?”

“I did DOT faidt!” he roared, a vein pulsing in his temple. “Guys do DOT fuckid’ faidt, wobbud! Christd.”

Lena rolled her eyes, staving off her laughter. “What would you call it then?”

He locked his arms over his chest, chin jutting out in that way of his. “I tripped.”

She did laugh this time. It was impossible not to. “Oh, you tripped, huh? Is that all? And you were unconscious because…? What? You hit your head on the air?”

He made a choking sound in the back of his throat, face flaming. “Doe,” he gritted.

She waited. And waited. “That’s it? No further comebacks? You admit defeat?”

When the blank, distant look crashed over his face, Lena thought for a moment that he was going to start mumbling about his brother again. Instead…

He pitched forward, rocking the couch with his momentum as he buried a “HihSHhhnkt-nuh! in his knees. He straightened up only to dive back down again with a soppy “Hisshtchiieew!”

“Bless you,” she smirked, trying to hide her worry for him behind a mask of lighthearted amusement.

“Shudt upb,” he grumbled moodily. He suddenly tipped his head back, palm making a pancake of his nose, his mouth hanging open as he gasped in rapid spurts of air. “Hhennk-euuw! HrrChshtt! Son-of-a-YIISSHT’chha! Bitch!”

“You need a tissue?”

“Doe! Uhtshhuhh!” Belatedly, he fastened his arm around his nose and mouth as Lena swiped the spray from her face, smiling despite her recent, unwanted shower.

She got him the tissues anyway, though he pretended he didn’t notice, using his shirtsleeve to wipe his mouth. “So,” she said conversationally. “What does Ty look like?”

Matt stiffened, but clipped out, “The oppositde of be.”

“Wow! Now I have a really clear picture! Thanks for being so forthcoming, Matthew! You’d be really good at describing a criminal for a sketch artist, huh!? They’d have the perp caught in no time!”

“WHATD DOES ITD MATTDER!? HE’S GOND!” Matt exploded, turning a death-glare on her.

She only shrugged. “But he’s not dead. Please, Matt. Just…tell me. I’ll stop bothering you about the fainting if you do.”

His brows drew together in a glower, but he nodded his head in grudging defeat. “Fide. I’ll tdell you. Budt aftder I do, thatd’s the ed of itd. Ogkay?”

“On one condition.”

He groaned.

“You have to blow your nose first. I can barely understand you.”

He expelled a put-upon sigh, snatched up a tissue, and gave a low, gurgling blow, followed by two slightly less wet sneezes. "AhhECHOO! HurrktishhOO!" He then tossed the used paper into the bin beside the sofa.

Minutes passed.

“Well?” Lena prompted.

To her complete and utter disbelief, Matt slumped against her side, his eyelids drooping, fatigue lining his face. She scooted to the end of the seat, then shepherded his head to her lap. While he talked, she played with his hair.

“He was just a little boy last time I saw him. Six.” His eyes closed. “He was small for his age, but I always used to tell him he was just slow to grow, that one day he’d be even bigger and taller than…” He cleared his throat roughly. “His hair was--is--reddish brown--auburn, I guess you would call it.”

Lena drew in a sharp breath, then shook herself. It was just a coincidence. It had to be.

“His skin was always so pale--paler than mine, but that might have been because…Anyway, he had big green eyes, the kind he could use to wrap people around his little finger.”

Like yours, Lena thought wretchedly.

“And freckles. He had freckles. On his nose.”

My God, Lena thought. It couldn’t be. Ty?

Matt shifted a little and tried to hold back a yawn. “Ty was always…he had trouble around people. People scared him, even the nice ones, even kids his own age, even girls, Lena.”

“But not you?” she whispered hoarsely, her mind working a million miles-per-hour.

He shook his head.

“I’ll be right back.” She’d tried to sound calm, but the tremor in her voice gave away her current fragile state.

“Where are you going?” he demanded crossly.

“I just…I’m thirsty. One sec.” She eased out from under his head and scurried into the bathroom, taking her cell with her.

“Calm down,” she instructed herself. Her hands trembled as she punched in the correct series of numbers. She jumped when the phone started to ring, so tightly-wound was she right then.

“Hello?” the masculine voice said.

Lena pulled in a steadying breath. “Connor, it’s me. Hey, I have a favor to ask.”

“Sure. Anything. You okay? You sound…”

“I’m fine,” she squeaked. “But can you maybe come over here--and bring Ty with you?”

“Now?” he asked, sounding perplexed.

“Yeah,” she said. “Right now. It’s an emergency.”

-------

Ohhhh, things are gon' go down, my friends!!! :heart:

WOAHHHH!! Stuff is starting to come together and I'm loving it! Thanks for the update! :)

“Oh, you’re ‘fide,’ are you?” she said, mimicking his congested voice. “Then tell me, why did you faint on me a few minutes ago? Was my beauty too much for you?”

“I did DOT faidt!” he roared, a vein pulsing in his temple. “Guys do DOT fuckid’ faidt, wobbud! Christd.”

Lena rolled her eyes, staving off her laughter. “What would you call it then?”

He locked his arms over his chest, chin jutting out in that way of his. “I tripped.”

She did laugh this time. It was impossible not to. “Oh, you tripped, huh? Is that all? And you were unconscious because…? What? You hit your head on the air?”

He made a choking sound in the back of his throat, face flaming. “Doe,” he gritted.

sooo hilarious :laugh: !!!

Lena pulled in a steadying breath. “Connor, it’s me. Hey, I have a favor to ask.”

“Sure. Anything. You okay? You sound…”

“I’m fine,” she squeaked. “But can you maybe come over here--and bring Ty with you?”

“Now?” he asked, sounding perplexed.

“Yeah,” she said. “Right now. It’s an emergency.”

OHHH MYYY GAWD what will happen???? :omg::rolleyes::D

my thoughts are spinning :sillybounce::)

wonderful update :unsure:

please be back soon sweety, need MOAR!!! :wub:

Archived