Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spring Fever (M, Allergies, HP- young Sirius Black)

Dusty15

Just a fun little drabble about Sirius Black and his horrible hayfever (as referenced in my recent story, 'Enjoying Spring'). Hope you like it :drool: Feedback always appreciated!

-----

Huurrshhoooo!

The sneeze wracking his body, Sirius curled up under his sheets, sniffling miserably. He peeled one red, sticky eye open and peered out of his hiding towards James’ bed. The bed was empty but the window beyond it was open, allowing a warm spring breeze inside; a warm breeze carrying pollen from the tree out in the Potter’s yard.

Sirius was spending his holiday break with James’ family, having been banned from his own home by his parents for another detention notice. Frankly, Sirius was glad to be out of Grimmauld Place, but in his haste to leave, he’d left behind his allergy tonic and with spring just beginning to bloom outside, he was helpless against his rather spectacular hayfever.

He’d suffered with allergies since he was a boy, but being a pureblood wizard, he rarely had to deal with them. A potion against allergies had been invented long ago and he’d been taking it since he was six. A small spoonful each morning rendered pollen useless against him and allowed him to go about his life without worrying that each spring would be plagued with sneezing and itching.

Stretching under the covers, Sirius rubbed at his nose in irritation and turned his face into his pillow as he felt another sneeze approach.

Huhhh…hut’shhxtttt!

A damp spot spread across his pillowcase and he sniffed wetly. He kept his face buried in the pillow, a vaguely cool spot temporarily soothing his itchy eyes. Maybe if he just lay like this for the rest of the day…

“Sirius? You up?”

The bedroom door opened and James stuck his head in.

“Yes,” croaked Sirius. “Sod off. I’m hungover.”

“Come off it, wanker,” James retorted. “No you’re not. You had one glass of firewhisky and I’ve witnessed you drink five without a problem the next morning. Now get up. We’ve got to go into town to get mum some groceries and that pretty bird you fancied last time you visited is working at the tea shoppe. We can stop in and say hello.”

“I don’t feel well,” Sirius countered. “Go on without me. I…”

He trailed off, rolling away from James, breath hitching in anticipation.

Ehhh…hehhhh’tshhooooo! Ehh’tshoooo!

He sneezed forcefully, his form jerking under the covers.

“Bless you, Pads,” James voice said. “You are ill. Let me get you some Pepper-Up.”

“No thangs,” Sirius said, voice thick with congestion. “I dod't deed ady. It's just allergies.”

Pushing aside the sheets, he sat up, blinking through sticky eyes.

“Oh Merlin,” James said, pulling a face. “You look awful, Pads.”

Over James’ shoulder, Sirus caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. In addition to his bedraggled hair, his upper lip glistened under crusted nostrils and a scarlet nose. His eyes were pink and swollen.

“I left by potiod at hobe. Do you have ady hayfever todic?” Sirius said.

“What?” James replied, looking puzzled. “Here.”

He dug a handkerchief out of his top dresser drawer and tossed it to Sirius.

Tucking it over his nose, Sirius honked and honked until he was red in the face and coughing from the effort.

“I said: I left my potion at my house. Do you have any hayfever tonic?” Sirius managed, his congestion somewhat relieved.

“Oh,” James said. “Um…no, sorry. But there’s an apothecary in town. Get dressed and we’ll go there straightaway.”

“Shut the window, would you?” Sirius said, swinging his legs out of bed. “And I need a shower first…wash some of this crud off my face.”

Rubbing an eye lazily, Sirius shuffled off to the loo, towel draped over his shoulder.

The shower did little good but to make his sneezing echo louder still. He tried to stifle them, embarrassed that James’ mum would hear and make a fuss, but it was difficult. His nose was simply too irritated to be temporarily quelled by anything but the freest, most explosive of sneezes.

Toweling off and returning to the bedroom, Sirius got dressed, sniffling all the while. James’ handkerchief tucked into his pocket, he met his friend at the top of the stairs and they descended towards the front door.

“I’m not looking forward to going out there,” Sirius said. “It’s likely to get a bit messy.”

“It’s not far,” James said. “A short way down the road. You’ll be allergy-free in no time.”

They headed outside and along the path towards the village. It was warm and breezy outside, with birds chirping brightly in the trees. They’d gone less than a few yards when Sirius paused, rifling in his pocket for the handkerchief.

Hurrrshhooo! Ehhh…ehhhtshoooo!

He doubled over, nose pressed into the cloth, shoulder shaking with each explosive sneeze.

Hehhhh…ehhh…hutshhhooo! Ehhtshoo!

“Bless you, mate,” James said, putting a hand on Sirius’ shoulder and guiding him forward. Sirius emerged from behind the handkerchief, eyes swollen with allergic tears and nose streaming.

“This better be close. I'b biserable, Proggs,” Sirius said, snuffling heavily.

“I know, mate. C’mon.”

They kept walking, each step punctuated by Sirius’ sniffles and light coughs. A short distance from the main road, Sirius stopped again, arm reaching out to stop James at his side.

“I deed to sit dowd...” he said, his hand moving to waver in front of his nose. “I'b godda have a sdeezigg fit…”

He sank down on a nearby rock, head lolling into his waiting cupped hands.

Hhhuuurrr’tshoo! Ehhh..hehhts’chooo! T’schoooo! Ehh…I…James…I….het’shxxttt!

“Are you okay?” a voice asked from down the road. A young woman approached the two boys, fishing in her purse as she walked.

“Sirius?” she said, crouching at his side. A soft, lace handkerchief was thrust into his hand. Unable to do anything but sneeze, Sirius took it and pressed it to his face.

Huhhhuus’tshcuu! Huhhrr’tshooo! Ehhh….hehhh…het’tscxxxtttt!

The last sneeze seemingly tore out of him and he wilted with the force, utterly defeated by the pollen. He blew his nose listlessly and looked up through swollen eyes. The girl he’d admired on his last visit, Rae Hutchenson, was looking at him, concerned.

“Hullo Rae. I'b sorry. I've lost by hayfever todic add I'b od by way to get sobe bore,” he croaked. “Fuck, I'b a bess.”

“Ah, you’re in luck,” she said, holding up a bag. “I just picked up my dose. Here.”

She uncorked a bottle and poured a small amount into the cap.

“Drink.”

Sirius took the cap and tipped it to his lips, swallowing the potion. Almost instantly, his eyes began to clear and his nose ran freely, draining of congestion. He blew heartily with the handkerchief and then retrieved his wand to do a cleaning spell on it.

“You’re a lifesaver,” he said. “Ta, Rae.”

“And your mate who brought you this way isn’t?” James said in mock scorn.

“Of course, Prongs,” Sirius said gratefully. “You too. Say, Rae, how’d you feel about a spot of tea now that I can enjoy this lovely day once more? Prongsie, you don’t mind going on alone for your errands, do you?”

James rolled his eyes.

“Of course not, Sirius. Rae, lovely to see you. I’m glad we ran into you. I don’t think I could’ve watched this louse suffer a second more.”

Rae inclined her head in a nod and smiled.

“I know how awful it is. I’m a mess when I forget a dose of this stuff.”

“C’mon then,” Sirius said, offering his arm. “Sneezy and Sneezier, off to tea. See you later, James.”

“Cheers, mate,” James called, waving the pair on as they headed off towards the tea room. “Hayfever my arse. Looks like spring fever now.”

Oh, I love this! :drool: They're so perfectly in character, and that's still what matters to me most. Allergic Sirius is simply amazing :laugh:. I love it muchly!

Excellent stuff and a lovely view of young Sirius. And of course, the Britishisms are brillo.

However, as a top English linguistic nazi, I think I detect a hypercorrection which I can't resist drawing attention to in an embarrassing way. Sirius would scarcely have gone to the loo if he wanted a shower; yes, he really would have gone to the bathroom [and that seems to be Rowling's usage too.]

Actually, since we're talking about the 70s and a traditional household, I somewhat doubt if there would have been a shower at all; obviously the Dursleys installed one with their avocado bathroom suite, but the Potter grandparents presumably had a Victorian enamel bath and no central heating...

Ahaha such fun! You wrote them perfectly! And yummy sneezes, of course. Thank you for writing this!

Hahah thanks, Count. I think I would've known about the shower too...having experienced some 'converted' baths! And, yes, of course the loo bit...I'm rusty on my Brit-speak! :-P

Archived