Sneeze Fetish Forum

Catch an Allergy?

Stimuli

Pardon my English (it's my 3rd language so, it's a litte rough around the edges hehe).

So, my question is; is it possible to catch a allergy? (I keep thinking I'm wierd but then I remember that I am amongst people like myself) :)

It's not possible to catch an allergy in the same way you can catch a cold... but it is possible to develop allergies even if you've never had them before. Especially if you move to a new place with new types of pollen that you've never encountered before, or if you live in a big city with lots of fumes. :)

It's not possible to catch an allergy in the same way you can catch a cold... but it is possible to develop allergies even if you've never had them before. Especially if you move to a new place with new types of pollen that you've never encountered before, or if you live in a big city with lots of fumes. :)

Haha thanks for the quick reply :bleh:

I ment develope when I said "catch" haha :laugh: already a sign of my english being bad xD

It's fine, don't worry about it. :bleh: So, I guess the short answer then is a simple: yes. :)

It's fine, don't worry about it. :drool: So, I guess the short answer then is a simple: yes. :)

haha I see :bleh:

I remember back in the old days (when I was 4 years old) daydreaming about developing allergies (I really wanted to get an allergy :laugh: ) oh how I haven't changed for the last 13 years xD

It's not unusual for people to develop allergies in their teens, especially if allergies run in the family.

Keep your fingers crossed? :)

It's definitely possible. I didn't have any allergies when I was a little kid, but since I hit 20 or so I've had (admittedly very mild) seasonal allergies in the spring and summer. Supposedly the pollen count has been rising the past few years as well though, so it may just be that there's enough of it around to start to bother me now. A lot of people do genuinely develop allergies latter in life though. So don't give up hope yet! And don't worry about your English, it's fine. :bounce: Even if catch wasn't quite the right word, I think most of us knew what you meant.

I agree that you should not lose hope. I never had bad seasonal allergies until I was in my late teens, early twenties. They became especially bad when I moved to a different state.

Your English is wonderful! Thanks for posting!

Yup, definitely possible. :wub::bag:

Nods... and some of us can hope that others catch/develop/obtain/etc. one or more at some point, right? :innocent: Of course only the "good" kinds. :D

It's not unusual for people to develop allergies in their teens, especially if allergies run in the family.

Keep your fingers crossed? :innocent:

fingers are crossed indeed :P and yeah, there's quite some allergies in the family of mine xD

I agree that you should not lose hope. I never had bad seasonal allergies until I was in my late teens, early twenties. They became especially bad when I moved to a different state.

Your English is wonderful! Thanks for posting!

hah thanks for the kind words :heart:

I've actually been stuffy and sneezy today, is it a sign? (haha well I highly doubt it, but still...? XD) ;)

I've actually been stuffy and sneezy today, is it a sign? (haha well I highly doubt it, but still...? XD) :D

I ment "very sneezy and stuffy" :)

Mod Note: Merged posts

Edited by Vetinari

Hi Tasty Guy, welcome to the forum.

Just a quick note about posting .... if you want to quote several posts and respond to them, please click the +Quote button on each post you want to quote and then press the Add Reply button at the bottom of the thread. That way you can have several replies in one post as in the Merged Post above.

And back on topic .... I spent ages trying to google about how to GET allergies .... and all I ever found was how to GET RID of the symptoms. I even tried to google Histamine to see whether there might be a possibility of producing allergy like symptoms .... and all I could find was articles about how to avoid Histamine release. Obviously our desire to develop allergies isn't the popular choice!

Obviously our desire to develop allergies isn't the popular choice!

Well, I wouldn't want to have allergies myself... what fun is that, I want to watch others suffering, not suffer myself. :rolleyes:

But I see what you mean. :D

Hi Tasty Guy, welcome to the forum.

Just a quick note about posting .... if you want to quote several posts and respond to them, please click the +Quote button on each post you want to quote and then press the Add Reply button at the bottom of the thread. That way you can have several replies in one post as in the Merged Post above.

And back on topic .... I spent ages trying to google about how to GET allergies .... and all I ever found was how to GET RID of the symptoms. I even tried to google Histamine to see whether there might be a possibility of producing allergy like symptoms .... and all I could find was articles about how to avoid Histamine release. Obviously our desire to develop allergies isn't the popular choice!

haha thanks, I am still a newbie on the forum (yet I've been here for more than a year :lol: ) ohwell haha thanks for the google'ing haha :) (I've also tried to research about it with no luck thought :lol: )

I hope you can't catch an allergy- cuz then I might catch my boyfriend's cat allergy and would never be able to play with a kitty again :lol:

I hope you can't catch an allergy- cuz then I might catch my boyfriend's cat allergy and would never be able to play with a kitty again :lol:

hah that would suck but, just a slight little pollen allergy would only be positive :lol:

I hope you can't catch an allergy- cuz then I might catch my boyfriend's cat allergy and would never be able to play with a kitty again :)

hah that would suck but, just a slight little pollen allergy would only be positive :D

Unless you get the non-pleasant symptoms. :)

I hope you can't catch an allergy- cuz then I might catch my boyfriend's cat allergy and would never be able to play with a kitty again :)

hah that would suck but, just a slight little pollen allergy would only be positive :D

Unless you get the non-pleasant symptoms. :)

of course haha

• 3 weeks later...

Keep your fingers crossed? :winkkiss:

I was just wondering, my boyfriend has never been a very sneezy person. He'll usually sneeze once or twice a day. But lately he's been having what seem to be allergic reactions. Like sneezing 20 or 30 times within a few hours if he is gardening or in a dusty place. Do you think maybe he is developing allergies? He claims he isn't allergic to pollen, just cats and dust. But 20 times seems like a lot for someone without allergies.

Keep your fingers crossed? :D

I was just wondering, my boyfriend has never been a very sneezy person. He'll usually sneeze once or twice a day. But lately he's been having what seem to be allergic reactions. Like sneezing 20 or 30 times within a few hours if he is gardening or in a dusty place. Do you think maybe he is developing allergies? He claims he isn't allergic to pollen, just cats and dust. But 20 times seems like a lot for someone without allergies.

Once a day is alot compared to me, at my peaks I reach 3 sneezes per month :winkkiss: