Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is double posting against the rules?

CDK114

I didn't see any rule for double posting, but I know it is against the rules on some forums. So is it against the rules here? :)

It's preferable that you edit your posts, but since you can't do that yet, if you have something to add then you can double post so far as I know - usually a mod comes along and combines it into one post then anyway :)

Kiwifruit's right. Once you have the ability to edit your own posts, you're free to add as much as you like whenever you like (given a certain time period) to an existing post. Until then, please try to think carefully before hitting the "Add Reply" button -- though we're not going to whip you (too hard!) if you feel the need to follow up with an afterthought. Your posts will be merged by a Mod just to keep things looking tidy.

The only time we do mind is when double posting becomes excessive. If every reply you make is followed by an afterthought, or if you're bumping a thread to keep it at the top of the board without contributing anything significant, it annoys the staff and creates extra work for us. In cases like this, you may be subject to disciplinary action (like a warning, or being placed on Moderator Preview so that we need to approve any posts you make). Bumping's not allowed and neither are useless/non-contributory replies -- this is a discussion-based forum and we'd prefer that replies are thoughtful!

In short, unless you're a repeat offender, have no fear. :)

In short, unless you're a repeat offender, have no fear. :laugh:

Surely double posting would *automatically* make you a repeat offender........

:)

In short, unless you're a repeat offender, have no fear. :wub:

Surely double posting would *automatically* make you a repeat offender........

:)

:boom:

I could change it, but... nah, it's funnier to leave it like that! :laugh:

Archived