Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze fetish: More females than males?

OhMeOhMy

So, this is pretty surprising to me, actually. I've been around a lot of fetish forums, and the majority of those communities are usually male, but it seems to be the opposite with the sneeze fetish.

This seems to be a predominately female fetish. Just go to any topic on this forum, look at the replies below, and most of them will be from girls.

I wonder though, why is this? Is it the cute aspect of sneezes that attracts us? It makes boys seem like softies that need taking care of. What other reasons are there?

It seems that a snotty, messy, often loud bodily function would be offensive to anyone "lady-like", but I guess not! I consider myself lady-like, but... boy... a snotty guy sneezing just drives me wild. And sneezing feels spectacular!

Thoughts? :D

I think I heard from someone else that we're predominantly female, and frankly I'm skeptical. I think, at least recently, females are perhaps more active on the forum for whatever reason, for sure. But I think we're probably close to about even. That's certainly how it's always felt to me, anyways (not checking the member list in case I'm TOTALLY wrong) :D

I think I heard from someone else that we're predominantly female, and frankly I'm skeptical. I think, at least recently, females are perhaps more active on the forum for whatever reason, for sure. But I think we're probably close to about even. That's certainly how it's always felt to me, anyways (not checking the member list in case I'm TOTALLY wrong) :D

I agree with the females being more active. I think there are just as many males who just don't post or reply as often.

I made a topic just like this a long time ago. I've been around -alot- of fetish communities. (not because I have the fetishes but because I find it psychologically interesting to try to understand the attraction in certain fetishes. though I -definitely- do have this one, lol) and the one consistent thing I noticed is that they were always vastly predominantly male. I too find it incredibly interesting to think about what is it that makes this one different.

As a couple people have already pointed out, the percentage of males vs females actively posting doesn't necessarily reflect the over-all percentage of males vs females who have the fetish. Though the member list for this specific forum does seem to reflect the "more females" suggestion with 227 members listing themselves as male and 348 listing themselves as female. The statistics have fluctuated over the years though, when I first joined it was a predominantly male community, right now it appears to be predominantly female, presumably the pendulum will continue to swing back and forth occasionally.

As a couple people have already pointed out, the percentage of males vs females actively posting doesn't necessarily reflect the over-all percentage of males vs females who have the fetish. Though the member list for this specific forum does seem to reflect the "more females" suggestion with 227 members listing themselves as male and 348 listing themselves as female. The statistics have fluctuated over the years though, when I first joined it was a predominantly male community, right now it appears to be predominantly female, presumably the pendulum will continue to swing back and forth occasionally.

This!!

When I joined the community back around '01 I actually felt like I might have gotten something wrong. It seemed like it was all guys, (even though it wasn't- there were a Lot more males that participated) and all the obs and things were all female, (this again was first impression at the time). I'll admit to wondering if I was really odd that I had it and was a female and liked male, so...

I'm sure that it will swing back and forth from time to time.

Obviously, sneezing drew me here in the first place, but I think one of the things that drew me in to become active, and certainly what keeps me here, is the sense of community and the interesting people. Obviously I still use it to an extent for fetishy purposes but if that was all there was to it, I probably wouldn't come online every day, as I do at the moment. The debates in the Snake Pit are as interesting to me as anything else here, for example.

I think there have been some strong female influences, (tma is a perfect example) who probably have made this community more attractive to women. The set-up here is very protective and predatory behaviour is strongly discouraged, and I believe that allows women and young people to participate without feeling too threatened. I have seen other sneezing sites which are predominantly male, and they seemed much more blatantly sexual to me, and I didn't feel any desire to join in.

Obviously, sneezing drew me here in the first place, but I think one of the things that drew me in to become active, and certainly what keeps me here, is the sense of community and the interesting people. Obviously I still use it to an extent for fetishy purposes but if that was all there was to it, I probably wouldn't come online every day, as I do at the moment.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Obviously, sneezing drew me here in the first place, but I think one of the things that drew me in to become active, and certainly what keeps me here, is the sense of community and the interesting people. Obviously I still use it to an extent for fetishy purposes but if that was all there was to it, I probably wouldn't come online every day, as I do at the moment.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Here, here! But now that it's been pointed out, from my experience it does seem that other forums overwhelmingly attract guys. Whatever the reason that this forum is more male-female balanced -- well, it's just a great thing.

(I haven't forgotten about those who don't consider themselves either male or female. If anyone would like to help me make this discussion more inclusive, I'd welcome it.)

I think there have been some strong female influences, (tma is a perfect example) who probably have made this community more attractive to women. The set-up here is very protective and predatory behaviour is strongly discouraged, and I believe that allows women and young people to participate without feeling too threatened. I have seen other sneezing sites which are predominantly male, and they seemed much more blatantly sexual to me, and I didn't feel any desire to join in.

I agree! I think that it is the presence of strong, rational female members (especially amongst the moderating team :proud:) that have had a positive influence in keeping the site balanced in terms of just how sexualized the fetish is portrayed. As a fetish site, I believe SFF is particularly welcoming and protective of its younger members which is refreshing to see. Yeah, I think we have a few more active female posters at the moment, but as Ouroboros says, its something that swings backwards and forwards with time :unsure:

(I haven't forgotten about those who don't consider themselves either male or female. If anyone would like to help me make this discussion more inclusive, I'd welcome it.)

Well, we're a very, very small minority here as far as I know, it's unlikely there are enough of us to sway the number enough to really be relevant to the discussion :cry:

I am very sure that it is more of an even spread even though you may see females as more active, I never really noticed a Predominant gender before? Maybe in delusional but I never thought there was a big difference

It does seem that of the active people, more are female. I notice that especially in the stories section. Maybe more women like to write stories?

sillystarsmoons
Obviously, sneezing drew me here in the first place, but I think one of the things that drew me in to become active, and certainly what keeps me here, is the sense of community and the interesting people. Obviously I still use it to an extent for fetishy purposes but if that was all there was to it, I probably wouldn't come online every day, as I do at the moment. The debates in the Snake Pit are as interesting to me as anything else here, for example.

I agree, well said Vetinari.