Sneeze Fetish Forum

Just Curious...

Nicole

Okay, I tried to find the answer to this question but I can't. It could be because I'm not looking hard enough. :D

When a member is banned, can they come back to the forum under their banned identity? And if so, what forums can they access?

They shouldn't be able to, but sometimes their cookies haven't refreshed (or ours haven't, or something like that) and they can log in, but they can't view anything beyond the main board index. Once their login cookie expires, they're locked out completely. That's why you'll sometimes see a banned member's name at the bottom of the page.

Ahhh, okay. But what if you click on their profile and see that they're in a protected forum?

I'm just curious, really. I'm not complaining or anything! :D

Ahhh, okay. But what if you click on their profile and see that they're in a protected forum?

I'm just curious, really. I'm not complaining or anything! :)

Well, again, it all goes back to their cookies etc. Do you want to PM me with particulars? I can look into it.

Is it because the profile shows the last forum they clicked, but not if they really got in? I remember way back, on this on another forum using the same software, google "being" in the blogs, which really didn't happen.

Not that I really know or anything, but I have a faint memory of someone explaining this to me...

Is it because the profile shows the last forum they clicked, but not if they really got in? I remember way back, on this on another forum using the same software, google "being" in the blogs, which really didn't happen.

Not that I really know or anything, but I have a faint memory of someone explaining this to me...

I've also wondered about this, but I guess it's like you say, pig.

At least I hope so. :omg:

I remember way back, on this on another forum using the same software, google "being" in the blogs, which really didn't happen.

Google got into the blogs because it was spidering. The ACP for this particular message board software has settings to control them. It's just a matter of finding them and flipping the right switch. :laugh:

They shouldn't be able to, but sometimes their cookies haven't refreshed (or ours haven't, or something like that) and they can log in, but they can't view anything beyond the main board index.
Do you want to PM me with particulars? I can look into it.

Oh no, it's okay! Like I said, there's nor a problem or anything, I honestly just found myself wondering how that worked. So they can log in but can't see anything but the board index? Like, they can't even see General Discussion topics or anything?

I know it seems like I'm REALLY interested in this, but I swear I'm just wondering. ;)

I know it seems like I'm REALLY interested in this, but I swear I'm just wondering. :D

I am too! For no good reason at all; I just like to know. ;)

I know it seems like I'm REALLY interested in this, but I swear I'm just wondering. :)

I am too! For no good reason at all; I just like to know. :D

I know, right? I want to know about the darkside of the forum!

Or......are we ON the darkside? ;)

Well, as I'm off to see the world tomorrow, I'll let HOL experiment in my absence ;)

So they can log in but can't see anything but the board index? Like, they can't even see General Discussion topics or anything?

I can't speak for the more technical aspects of the forum, nor specifically about banned accounts, but people who are not registered with the forum (guests) are able to see all open areas -- like General Discussion, Sneezing in the Media, Obs/Stories/Art, Snake Pit (just to name a few!). So even if a banned member is blocked from seeing those boards while logged in with their account (again, not sure if that's the case), they could just log out and see any areas that aren't secured, like any other visitor.

Okay, so I've just banned my guinea pig as a test :D Looks like Lynne was absolutely right in that a banned member who logs in can't even see the Board Index. If you login as a banned member you'll get an error saying 'Sorry you don't have permission to view this board' on any link you click on.

Archived