Sneeze Fetish Forum

What's everyone think of the new look?

Pilgrim

Don't like it, but know there's nothing to be done so - like all species with higher brain function (... okay, yes, we're the only one...) - I will adapt. cool.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can agree no-one likes this new look but can we please calm down and stop complaining about it

Unfortunately, the ranting is the only way to let out the steam.

Feel free to move this topic to the snake pit if it contains too much ranting (if someone figures out how to ;) )

I like it. I don't like this particular skin (it's too white, sorry), but I do like the upgrade now that I've had time to fiddle around with it.

Also, it doesn't work right on the default safari browser on ipad. The workaround I found for this is to download Mango browswer from the app store (it's free), and then the forums work correctly. ;)

Is it weird that it hurts my eyes? :laugh: I'm not a big fan at all, and it's likely enough to keep me away for a bit. It bothers me when shit changes for the worse. I'm a creature of habit, what can I say. ;)

Unlike. Of course, I don't like change in general. I know everything will turn out fine. Thanks HoL for all of your work. I'm a little sad that you killed the "like" button before I got to play with it, but it's better that it's gone in the long run. Now let's see if my picture is still there.

ETA - I don't see it, do you?

Well, right now I'm on my iPod touch and I hate the computer layout, but the mobile version is actually kind of nice. No zooming in a ton and I never press the wrong button anymore xD

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks this (as usual), but I actually do like several of the new features. For starters, I actually really like the overall look of the Forum homepage now, because it's VERY, VERY subtle what the page is about. To be fair, I can understand how this might not be seen as a good thing, especially for newbies, but if there's ANY way to keep it as an option (like a skin, maybe? I'm bad with techie stuff), I for one would be absolutely THRILLED!

I also really love the new "View New Content" options. I've always really wanted something between "Posts since your last visit" and "go searching and see what you can find." Granted, it's ENTIRELY possible that we've always had something like this and I just didn't know it (see "bad with techie stuff" above), but either way, this is another new thing I hope we can keep.

So yeah, while there are definitely things I'm not super-crazy about (I really hate the way things are listed now, for example, even though I can't explain how), and while the idea of people being able to crosspost to social networking sights quite honestly scares the heck of me, enough to make me really worry about visiting the Forum if it can't be changed, I do see things here worth keeping, and hopefully--if any of them can be transferred to whatever TPTB are going to do to change the Forum "back" as much as possible--they can be a nice silver lining to make up for the headaches we and the Mods/Admins are going through.

I suspect if we had this format for a year, and then it suddenly changed again, we would all be complaining and wanting it back........

*goes back to exploring*

PS thanks for your hard work HoL

smile.png

:lol: After reading this I had flashbacks to when the first incarnation of this forum came out. Lots of complaints- everyone wanted things to be like Bondi's Beseen board. It was too confusing- etc, etc.

Although- I agree w/ haee that people need a place to go "What??!!" (hopefully w/ tact and patience) for a minute while they process. Especially those who are not huge fans of change *raises her hand*

HoL- you are absolutely handling this like a star- and I have Every confidence some of the "larger" issues will get sorted out in reasonable time, and those that don't- we'll all get used to. :) No stressing though.... that is an order- ok?? :laugh:;) :hugs:

Besides- with no chat for a little while it will force me to have to either increase productivity, or *Gasp* actually write to people. hehehehe... I'll deal. So... any chat buddies of mine will not be able to get rid of me That easily. ;)

Breathe in.....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out.

No need to worry, my friends. I'm sure that our very capable, dedicated and patient staff will deal with the issues in good time.

In the meantime, go with the flow. This isn't the first time the Forum has changed and it likely won't be the last. The main thing is that all of you are here and that's all that really matters.

Take care,

Zed

No need to worry, my friends. I'm sure that our very capable, dedicated and patient staff will deal with the issues in good time.

In the meantime, go with the flow. This isn't the first time the Forum has changed and it likely won't be the last. The main thing is that all of you are here and that's all that really matters.

Take care,

Zed

Of course, this is all the truth.

(I reserve the right to hate on Invision with their high-handed nonsense. Who do they think they are? The bloody Facebook staff?!)

Take care,

Zed

Of course, this is all the truth.

(I reserve the right to hate on Invision with their high-handed nonsense. Who do they think they are? The bloody Facebook staff?!)

*nods* Definitely.

(I completely agree with you on that one. Can we please get rid of the too-easy-to-press-share-on-facebook/twitter/other-buttons? *rolleyes* Oddly enough I feel no need to post about the fetish on facebook. :D )

I saw the 'change in format' for the first time when I logged in last night, and like most of us, I got quite a shock....my initial thought was that perhaps the forum was down and I'd been re-directed to a commercial page or something! But having taken the time to look around, and to read everyone else's comments, I can honestly say that it's not really so bad. As one person mentioned, the subtlety of the main page regarding what the forum is actually about, is really good I think. Plus the 'View New Content' option, and the way when you click on your username (in the top right hand corner) you get an 'options' box up that allows you to manage your profile, content, friends, etc. Much more organised.

I do know there are obviously a few things 'missing' or not working at the moment (such as live chat, emoticons, subtitles under threads, etc), but these are all issues that I'm sure can and will be fixed in time. A huge KUDOS to HoL for all his hard work here, and for taking the time to explain everything to us. It must have been as much of a shock to him as it was to the rest of us, so HoL, I take my hat off to you (or at least I would if I had one.....). Change can be hard to deal with sometimes, especially when it's sudden and without warning, but like all things, we get used to it over time.

Bottom line...we still have our forum, we still have our wonderful staff and we still all have each other. So let's carry on enjoying it like we always have done smile.png.

HoL- you are absolutely handling this like a star- and I have Every confidence some of the "larger" issues will get sorted out in reasonable time, and those that don't- we'll all get used to. smile.png No stressing though.... that is an order- ok?? wink.pngtonguesmiley.gif :hugs:

Word to that. :) HoL, you're a champ!

Hmm. I managed to stay away from the forum just long enough to let the change happen and for everyone to complain about it some. People in general tend to resist change, it doesn't surprise me that the new look of the forum is a source of complaint. Now, how many of you complain about the changes on Facebook, too? rolleyes1.gif Me, I just grumble quietly to myself and move on.

I do like the new way to post a reply, complete with easy colour changing abilities, and spell check as you type (for the few pesky words you can never remember, or never type correctly.

HoL, you're awesome!!

Now, how many of you complain about the changes on Facebook, too? rolleyes1.gif Me, I just grumble quietly to myself and move on.

I admit I always complained about the changes on Facebook. I actually liked Facebook when I joined several years ago. But almost every change they made since then was a change for the worse in my opinion and caused me to like the site less and less. Finally they made some changes that were not only a horrible idea, but actually made me feel unsafe on that site, so I deactivated my account and haven't looked back.

The major difference between Facebook and this website is that we have a great staff that actually cares about what its members want and is doing their best to accommodate us, which I'm grateful for.

The major difference between Facebook and this website is that we have a great staff that actually cares about what its members want and is doing their best to accommodate us, which I'm grateful for.

I'm not comparing Facebook to the Forum. I'm comparing changes to changes, and the feelings about changes.

That is all.

Um, sorry, but I reallly, really hate it lol. It literally takes away half the fun of this site for me. It's now very hard to view your old topics and you can't do the second title thingies and I just don't like it. It seems all blown up, like zoomed in. I feel like I wanna zoom out or something. It's just...not the same at all. I feel lonely. :yay:

• 2 years later...

I joined the forum a little bit less than a year ago, and I just found this topic...and I am laughing my head off it's so hilarious!! Sure, the last few pages weren't all that funny but the first page where everyone's like

WHAAAAAAAAAT

is actually pretty entertaining :lol:

Archived