Sneeze Fetish Forum

Organizing "topic Tags"

Mercury

So, with this new update I've noticed that we can now include 'tags' on our posts. I think this is great. Personally I feel this can make everything much more organized and easier to search through than just a generic search for a word used in a post.

However, I think that it'll be a lot more effective if we have a standardized set of generic tags that people can include. So, say, someone wanted to search for an observation with female allergies they wouldn't have to go through searching for 'female' then 'f' then 'female allergies' then 'female obs' etc. and then numerous combinations of multiple tags.

If it's an idea people like then I can come up with a short list, post it here, and you can add anything I've missed. It'll probably just be a few most basic tags (gender, cause of sneezing, original or fanfiction, self or other obs etc.) and then people can just add others tags to their posts. so it just provides a generic groundwork of sorts.

It's probably something we can do without bothering the Mods (since I'm sure HoL's hands are quite full already) and when we have the list just ask for it to be put as a pinned post somewhere on the forum.

I know this may seem to just be nit picking, but I think it'll not only help people search but also encourage them to use the tags when posting, rather than leaving it blank, because they'll have a guide.

So let me know if you think this is a good idea. Also, whether it should be used just in specific folders, such as 'Obs, Fic and Art' and/or 'Media' and so on.

Thanks smile.png

In that case can I leave anything that needs doing from an Admin perspective on this to you, Lynne? ;)

Because I er...don't have the first clue what metadata even is! :blushing:

So far I have:

• Male
  • Female
  • Unspecified gender
  • Allergy
  • Illness
  • Pepper
  • Unspecified cause
  • Various causes
  • Self obs
  • Fanfic
  • Fanart
  • Original
  • Nose blowing
  • Coughing
  • Fever
  • Messy
  • Anthro
  • Tissues
  • Handkerchiefs
  • M/F
  • M/M
  • F/F
  • V-warning

I think these are the main ones. I figured it's easier to break it down into the smallest components since it allows searching with multiple tags. Also, I included some 'kink' ones because they'd be useful for the Related Fetishes section, since everything's lumped together there. Let me know if you think anything else should be added, changed or something taken out smile.png

That list looks like a great start. Thanks Mercury! :drool:

As an expansion of the 'Pepper' one you could also add 'Induced' as a general tag for someone forcing themselves to sneeze and 'Feathers', 'Cotton Bud' and 'Clothes Tag' for other possible inducing methods. Ooh, also you could add 'Photic' as a possible cause, that's reasonably common.

As far as removing stuff goes, not sure how much use the 'Coughing' and 'Fever' tags would get, are those concepts that appear on the Related Fetishes board sometimes?

I forgot about inducing! *is appropriately ashamed*.

It might be too specific to name individual inducing methods, unless the person posting wants to add them themselves, otherwise we could get into details about all the different allergies too and that would be a very long (but awesome) list. Feathers don't have to be inducing-related though smile.png

I generally don't hang out in the Related Fetishes section, but I searched through there to find things to tag. After nose blowing/tissues/handkerchiefs and care-taking (which I thought might be to general since it seems to apply nearly everywhere) the next most popular seem to be coughing, fevers, sniffling and crying. It is mostly about nose blowing etc there, but that's why I thought it would be useful for someone looking for something else to have a way to find it. Sniffling already has it's own pinned post, which is why I didn't include it, and I didn't know if crying was a related enough fetish to include (but I suppose people think it's related enough to post about, so maybe).

Is all that fair? I can still include 'clothes tag' and things if you think it would be more appropriate smile.png

Adding:

• Induced
  • Feathers
  • Photic

Archived