Sneeze Fetish Forum

He'll Never Tell (Parts 1-13 of...?)

Scion

You know, I thought I was mindblown when I learned that numbers went past 10, but then this comes along and short-circuits all my brain cells. You've got something against me, don't you? I'm just sitting here and reading wonderful forum stories by my betrothed, and all of a sudden I melt. :( -insert more praise here-

So basically I thought that was totally awesome.

And trick-or-treating takes on a whole new meaning when you carry a cardboard bloodstained cleaver. That's all I gotta say. :) But you know, the load gets lighter every year. Back in the day, I filled like two whole bags of candy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad you enjoy reading my comments as much as i Love writing them. Honestly, i dont know anyone who deserves compliments more then you and your stories, dear Scion. I keep thinking your going to run out of steam but you never, ever do, in fact, you get better with every word! this story has to be my favorite, i love Kit with my whole heart and Edwins revelations bring joy to my heart. I eagerly await more :)

Mims: You're the best of the best of the best. Thank you. biggrin.png

Sigrith: Hehe, glad you like him. yes.gif And they buried Rex because they thought he was dead but really he was just in a temporary coma. heh.gif

Emily: You caught me. My ultimate goal in life is to make your brain explode. Ahh, the hilarity. Thaaaank you. Please continue to think this is awesome, if you will be so kind. heh.gif I have so much left-over candy! I hardly had any trick-or-treaters and I live in an enormous neighborhood. aaevil.gif More for me. Oh, and I hope your brain stays intact long enough for you to read this muahaha.

Ruskie: *melts* Seriously, you make my life better. heh.gif Thank you so much. It is the most important thing in the world to me that you're enjoying this so much.

Part Twelve

London, England, 1880

“I’ve a throbbing pain in my head,” Jones announced imperiously, lounging against a pyramid of fluffy pillows. “Send for some laudanum immediately.”

Til pursed his lips. “Wot if I says I don’t believe yew?”

The ill man mustered a scowl. “Then I shall of course have you flogged immediately. Now, fetch me my strap, kneel, and await your punishment.”

Til shook his head, uncertain. “No.”

One angular brow winged upward. “I’m sorry, I must have misheard. What did you say, John?”

Annoyance kindled and Til straightened his spine. “No. Yew ‘ear me right, milord. I ain’t be fetchin yew no straps and my name ain’t be John. It be Til.” He winced inwardly, hoping Ms. Grove--Cora, she insisted he call her--had been right when she’d said Jones wasn’t half as surly or ill-tempered as he pretended.

For a moment the man looked as if he were about to shout at Til, his mouth dropping open--but then it just stayed open as a glaze frosted over his eyes and his pinkened nostrils expanded on a sharp indrawn breath. “Hhh…hihh…” His eyes snapped shut as he slammed his face into the crook of his arm. “NnnTtchxsshhyuuu! Uhh…MPHt!-chh.”

“Bless yew, milord.”

“Oh, will you stop with that?” Jones sniffed. “It’s as if you actually believe I’m someone of import.”

Aha! “Yew meanin’ ter say yer not?”

Yes, Tilden Papley, that is exactly what I mean to say.”

Til’s eyes popped wide. Had Jones just used his name? His proper name? “Wot?” he squeaked.

A smile crept onto Jones’ mouth. “Indeed. Not as thoughtless as you once thought, I p-presume. Hh…nGt-hffsh!-hh.” Groaning, he shifted onto his side and closed his eyes.

“Sir?” Til said meekly. “Will yew be needin’ anything? Some tea, per’aps?”

Pause. “Might you…might you know the whereabouts of Ms. Grove?”

Smiling a little at the man’s hesitance, he replied, “Will you be wantin’ me to fetch ‘er fer yew, sir?”

A sigh, long and deep, then a lazy yawn. “Thank you, Til.”

“At your service, mi--sir!” Til beamed.

Perhaps it was finally time for Jones to let Kit come out of hiding once and for all.

- - -

Cora swept up to Jones’ bed, panting a little. She’d run all the way. “What is it?” she asked between breaths. “Are you all right?”

His mouth curled in a piratical half-smile. “I’m well enough, Ms. Grove. Thank you for inquiring. And you? How are you? You look a mite flushed.”

This pronouncement only deepened her blush. “I’m quite well, thank you.” Clearing her throat she went on, “Til tells me you’ve finally seen fit to use his name. Is this true?”

“Oh, indeed it is true, love. I feel the two of us have come to a certain understanding.” He winced, then added, “For the moment.”

Intrigued, she asked, “What sort of understanding?”

He gave a lazy grin. “As long as our young friend addresses me properly, I’ll show him the same courtesy.”

What did that mean? she wondered. “You do not wish to be ‘my lord?’”

“Not in the slightest. I--” He raised a graceful finger in signal as his eyes grew fuzzy with anticipation and his jaw hung low. “Hhuuh…xg-Utsshh’upphh!-ishh!-hmm.

“Bless-”

Kshhhhuuuu!

Bless you!”

He covered a yawn, nodding his thanks. A dusting of dark gold shadowed the lower part of his face, his eyes hooded with fatigue.

She traced two fingers along the line of his cheekbone, smiling softly down at him. “Have you not been sleeping?”

His head shook in an almost unnoticeable reply. “I’m weary though I sleep, lonely though I’m not alone, cold though I’m surrounded in warmth. I’m feeling a bit backwards, you see, love. And I wondered if you could put me right.”

Her heart nearly stopped as tenderness filled her. She couldn’t understand how one man could have so many facets. It wasn’t any wonder he was backwards. “Could I have heard you right? Are you asking for my help, Mr. Jones?” she teased.

He colored. “Only if you’re willing to give it. Otherwise I’m certain I have no idea what you’re chattering on about.”

She nodded mutely, stunned by a sudden rush of pure joy--a joy that she squelched…as far as she could. Recklessness had always been her downfall. She had to stop and think for at least a fortnight. Or perhaps a day. What did it really matter?

Jones reached out his hand; she took it, and he brought it to his mouth, brushing a soft kiss across her knuckles. “I think I should like to be happy, Cora, love. Might that be possible? It must exist, mustn’t it? Happiness?”

“I…” Her voice cracked as sympathy warmed her. “I think so, yes.” Then she shook her head, smiling ruefully. “What I meant to say was, yes, Kit, happiness is possible. I’ve seen it. Even experienced it.” I want that for you, she added silently, more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my life, and I don’t even know why. Or perhaps she did. She just wasn’t ready to admit it.

“Laughter ought to be involved,” he went on thoughtfully, laying her hand flat on his chest and swirling a warm finger over her cool palm.

“Yes,” she said on a sigh, using her free hand to caress his limp hair. She feared it would be some time before she could truly be happy again. Her brother’s death has been so sudden, so terrible; his absence stung, shadowed her every thought. For a moment, everything would be all right--and then she’d remember.

Jones pulled away from her suddenly, rocking to the side as he buried a sneeze in his right wrist. “Hehgyiiisssshhh!-uh.”

Before she could stop herself, Cora bent and placed a kiss on the tip of his nose. “Would you like me to read to you?”

Looking startled, he said, “Read to me?”

“Has no one ever read to you before?” she asked, deeply saddened. He’d have been a beautiful child. She couldn’t imagine anyone neglecting him with those passionate blue eyes and halo of dusky gold waves.

He averted his gaze almost shyly. “I should like it very much, love, if you read to me. I could listen to your voice ceaselessly.”

She laughed, pleased. “Such flattery, Mr. Jones.”

“Indeed,” he smiled. “It’s no more than you deserve, I assure you.”

Cora laughed nervously, unsure what to make of this. “Would like anything else?” she asked, avoiding his words. “Mayhap some broth?”

Hh…” He squinted up at her through watery eyes. “Yes, please. But you m-mustn’t get it yourself. Ask Til.”

“I’m quite capable of--”

AhhIHPsschhh!- I know you are love, but I’d rather not be without your company for any more time than strictly necessary.”

“Oh.” She felt silly. “Well, how can I refuse? And bless you,” she added as an afterthought. She tweaked his nose. “Poor thing.”

“Finally, someone acknowledges my suffering,” he lamented, flopping dramatically onto his side with a groan. “It’s about time!”

- - -

Cully walked with Evans through the forlorn cemetery, wondering what the point of his continued existence could possibly be. Without Rex, what did his life really mean?

Might as well go an’ get meself ‘anged, he thought miserably. It was what he deserved. He shivered as he remembered Merton’s dull, dead eyes, as he remembered the feel of the man’s blood, hot and thick between his fingers. He’d been sick all over the corpse. And Rex--Rex had looked at him as though he’d never seen him before.

Cully had thought Rex would hate him after that, but he’d been wrong. They’d hidden for a while, with Rex’s father…but then illness struck and Robert McLean succumbed. After that Rex didn’t seem to care about anyone or anything. He’d vanished, leaving Cully alone to fend for himself.

Eventually the guilt had gotten to him and he’d confessed. He’d had nothing to lose. Rex was gone. He had no family. No prospects. Nothing.

“Yew and Rex? ‘ow’d the twos of yew meet?” Cully asked to distract himself.

“Mm,” Evans sighed, eyes downcast. “Our lad was doing a bit of breaking and entering. Caught him red-handed, I did, with his thieving hands in my pie.” A thin smile shadowed his wide mouth. “Scrawny as a mongrel, he was, too. I saw him and I thought to myself, Thomas, don’t you go soft now. This here boy would slit your throat as soon as look at you.” He hunched his shoulders, pain lining his features. “But I looked at him and all I could see was my darling Joseph. My son.”

Oh. Cully studied the brown grass beneath his feet. He didn’t know what to say. “Your son…?” he tried.

“Died,” Evans told him flatly. He said no more.

- - -

BAAAAAAH! I started reading your amazing stories before I even had an account, Scion ^^.. I swear, you weave literary magic! I <3 Kit.. SO MUCH.. His personality kills me xDDD. Please keep going :3.. Your stories brighten my day ^^

axesmiley.png You know, I don't think my brain exploded, but I feel like there's been something making my head itch for the past week. Well, it'll come to pass, I suppose. Whatever the case, it appears that I've made it far enough to read your reply and this most recent installment in which I found Jones a most endearing man. proud.gif And you'll never succeed in making my brain explode as long as you keep writing. twisted1.gif Ohoho, more candy you say? I can fix that. :)

Another bit of a tear jerker, this one. Goodness I'm not sure what else to say other than you continue to amaze and astound. :) Keep it up!

P.S. Saw a car that had a Scion logo on it and I just started laughing.

• 1 month later...

So sorry about the long wait, guys! Here's the next part if you're still interested! Love you all. *HUGS*

Part Thirteen:

Dearest Edwin,

I am writing after all this time to tell you something it has taken me this long to admit. On that night - you know the one of which I speak - nothing was as it seemed. I feel it best to get straight to the point, as otherwise I fear I’ll ramble on forever.

I wanted you to end your courtship, and I knew you’d not do so without good reason. I spoke briefly with your brother in the ballroom. He seemed agitated and I inquired as to his welfare. He informed me that he wasn’t feeling well, and asked me to please let you know he’d gone to his room to be abed.

I did not. Instead, I waited a while, then pursued him. He was asleep by the time I reached his room. Nothing happened between us. I simply lay beside him while he tossed and muttered in his sleep, awaiting your arrival.

I did not wish to be married, but what I did is inexcusable. Not only did I injure you, whom I held in the greatest esteem, but I used and belittled an innocent man.

I was a different person then. That is not an excuse, I know, but it is the truth. We would not have suited, dear Edwin, for you have always deserved so much more than I can ever hope to give. Please do not allow my mistake to forever shatter the affection between you and Christopher. He never once wronged you. All blame must lie with me. I hope one day you can forgive me, though I will of course understand if you cannot.

Most sincerely,

Millicent Newman

- - -

Cully screamed. When that failed to alleviate his utter horror he screamed a second time, followed by a third and fourth. Beside him, Evans made a choking sound and took off at a gallop. Toward what? Cully couldn’t rightly say. But there appeared to be a hand--no, an arm, emerging from the earth before Rex’s gravesite.

Naturally, this realization didn’t ease his alarm.

Moving as if through water, he oozed his way after Evans. He watched dizzily as the arm became a shoulder, then a head, a neck, the other should, chest--

His mouth dropped open.

Staring back at him, face smeared with dirt, was Rex.

- - -

“Are you quite certain you’re feeling up to this, Kit?” Cora asked skeptically as she and Jones strolled side-by-side through Hyde Park.

“Indeed I am, love, though I do greatly appreciate your well-meant concern. uHxsstChhhshuuuh! Damn it all,” he muttered, sniffling. “I did say ‘well-meant,’ you’ll recall.”

“Mhmm,” she smiled. “Whatever you say, sir.” Cora noticed with some annoyance as they walked that many a lady and gentleman were looking upon her companion with undisguised distaste. She bristled, glaring at each of them in turn. Beside her, Jones rumbled a laugh. “It’s not funny!” she insisted crossly.

“Oh, I think it’s very amusing indeed,” he replied with a grin. “So stunningly delicate in appearance and so boldly defiant in manner.”

She scowled, not sure whether she should be insulted. “Why are they glowering at you, then?”

“Because of me.”

They both spun simultaneously to see Edwin ambling along behind them, his face set in a haughty expression. “I followed you,” he replied unashamedly to their unvoiced question.

Jones’ brows leapt upward. “I beg your pardon, my lord?”

“No need,” Edwin said, placing himself on Jones’ right side as they continued through the park. He made a production out of raising a hand to rest it on his brother’s shoulder.

Jones tensed, face going slack with surprise.

“Close your mouth before it fills with unmentionable critters,” Edwin instructed. Then he rained glares down upon each and every frivolous onlooker, each of whom turned hastily away, suddenly deep in conversation with their companions.

“Forgive me if I sound uncouth, brother,” Jones said, “but what the bloody hell are you doing and have you gone completely mad?”

Cora bit her lip to stifle a laugh, but Edwin was unmoved.

“How are you today, Christopher?” the man asked pointedly.

“I’m quite well, thank you. And--anhhhahhhNXSHhhmphh! Dammit to hell! Every time!”

To Cora’s shock, the viscount removed his own handkerchief and offered it to his brother with an expression that looked dangerously close to concern.

Jones took it, looking as surprised as Cora felt. Almost shyly, he said, “Eddie? What is this? I don’t understand.”

Cora readied herself to slap the man--viscount or no--if he said the slightest thing to hurt Jones. She needn’t have bothered.

“I just received a letter from Missy,” Edwin said quietly, holding his brother’s gaze.

Jones’ eyes narrowed. “Indeed? What, may I ask, did she have to say?”

Edwin looked away guiltily. “The truth.”

- - -

“In bed,” Cora instructed sternly. “Now, if you please.”

Kit smirked, but did as he was told, sliding beneath the covers. Arching a brow, he patted the space beside him. His smile faltered. “Huhh…” He snapped to the side. “UhhiisshhhchhFF!

“And risking catching whatever it is burdening you?” she teased.

He pouted.

She sighed. “Oh, all right. I shall sit beside you.”

“Sit?” he inquired innocently. “But, Ms. Grove, I thought you were not a lady?”

“I’m not!” she snapped, plunking down on the very edge of the bed. His hand slowly snaked toward her until his fingers could brush across her thigh. She shivered.

“Are you quite sure?” He slid her a half-smile.

She couldn’t help smiling back. She loved his smile. And she loved seeing him happy. It meant the world to her, she had to admit.

He meant the world to her.

Dear God. She was lost.

HuhhMMPffsshh!-hh,” he said.

“Devil take it!” she said.

- - -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! You're BACK! *huggle* And you come bearing amazing, literary gifts :D.. Gosh, everything you write is magical. I absolutely love this. I'm SO glad Millie finally confessed to being a shameless whore xD. Now Edwin can be all guilty, as he rightfully should be ^_^.. Lovely plot, and the whole story is beautiful, really. It speaks for itself <3

Archived