Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chat Room

High on Lullabies

Okay, according the company who make the chat room software, the problem with it is that the installer package is failing to create 4 SQL tables with details as follows:

"addonchat_can_view_transcripts tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

addonchat_can_view_profile tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

addonchat_can_edit_profile tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

addonchat_can_delete_profile tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext"

They say what needs to be done is to create these tables manually and everything should be fine.

Now unfortunately what I know about SQL can be written on the back of a gnat's underpants, so I don't have the first clue how to go about creating a table or anything else for that matter :blushing:. So does anyone have knowledge of SQL and would be able to give me some idea of what I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Hello HOL,

You'd have to connect to the database manually (typically there's some database administration tool available) and issue "create table" commands

(in some db admin tools, this can be done via a user interface, but in many db admin tools you'd have to type in raw SQL statements)

The SQL syntax for CREATE TABLE is

CREATE TABLE "table_name"

("column 1" "data_type_for_column_1" [constraints],

"column 2" "data_type_for_column_2" [constraints],

... );

I've put [constraints] between square brackets to indicate that they are optional, i.e. not every create table has to contain constraints.

The constraints in your case are the stuff like "No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext". If you really want to know what they mean,

we can start a separate topic on that.

so applied to the first table:

create table addonchat_can_view_transcripts ( tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext );

similarly, for the other tables:

create table addonchat_can_view_profile ( tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext );

create table addonchat_can_edit_profile ( tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext );

create table addonchat_can_delete_profile ( tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext );

also note that creation of a table will probably fail if that table already exists (or if you have not been granted the right to create new tables).

you can remove an existing table (be careful not to remove other tables besides the ones used for chat ;) ) using the drop table statement:

e.g.

drop table addonchat_can_view_transcripts

If you don't have rights to modify the database yourself, perhaps you can contact the hosting company tech support.

hope this helps,

Haeeshoo.

Hello haeeshoo, Many thanks for the assistance so far, it is very helpful and does make some sense smile.png So in the Admin Control Panel I have found something called the MySQL 5.0.92-community Toolbox, which gives a long list of all the tables we have in the database and then at the bottom we have something called a 'Manual Query box'. I tried inputting the first 'create table' command you gave me in the post above and it said: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext)' at line 1" Do you think I'm on the right track for the user interface you were talking about to interact with the database and if so, any ideas on what I need to do for it to accept the command I'm giving it? Thanks again for all your help smile.png ETA: Did some more digging and found a program called PHPmyadmin, which has access to the database as well and a create table command at the bottom of it. Clicked on that and it presented me with a form as shown in the attached screenshot. I guess all I need to do now is work out how to fill in the boxes correctly based on what's in the commands you gave me blushing.gif

post-1114-0-25404100-1319319210_thumb.jp

phpmyadmin is probably the easier option indeed

disclaimer: last time i used it is more than 7 years ago (ahem)

does phpMyAdmin offer a way to import a table dump? because the specs you showed are formatted

as a mysql table dump (i.e. a format used to backup your tables), so in principle it should be possible to

restore the table from the dump (you can read a bit about the principle here: http://eisabainyo.net/weblog/2008/09/18/backuping-and-restoring-a-single-table-using-mysqldump/ )

Archived