Sneeze Fetish Forum

A question about tagging stories

Chanel_no5

I'm gonna take a day and try to catch up with tagging my old stories, and that raised a question. Stories that features real persons and not characters they play; such as singers, actors, politicians... whistling.gif

Anyway, do we tag those as fanfiction too? I think there is an actual term for it, "RP fiction" (real person), but to me, that would be confusing as not many people know that term, and it's more commonly used for "role play". Just wanted to check with you guys. For example, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "fan" of Jack the Ripper, but it's definitely not original. :lol:

Hmmm... I think RPF or RPfic would be the neatest description... as I agree it doesn't fit either fanfiction or original very well... :) Either that or "other" :P

RPF is generally the term used for stories featuring real people, so I'd be inclined to go with that as well, though you do have a point about people possibly mistaking it for meaning role play. Perhaps there should be a pinned thread in the creative sub-board that has a sort of key for people to know what various tags stand for to help them when searching?

Okay, I'll make RPFiction a new tag, since that seems to be the generally agreed term :) I agree those stories don't really fit into the standard definition of Fanfiction, but they are certainly different from Original stories as they feature real people, not made-up ones.

Archived