Sneeze Fetish Forum

Mark and Stephen

Coffee Chicken Barista

Hey guys! So here is a longer story about Mark and Stephen from my drabble thread. (Why? Because I love them!) Anyway, this first chapter doesn't have a whole lot of sneezing but it will get better. I promise. :) This chapter's also pretty short. I promise the next one will be better.

So if you haven't read the drabbles, here are the descriptions of my boys:

-Stephen is a theater major and he is originally from Los Angeles, California. He is incredibly close with his parents and he has 3 little sisters (Katie, Madeleine and Marie). Stephen has short brown hair, brown eyes, glasses, about 6’ and a muscular build. He has one piercing in his left ear, a pierced tongue and 4 tattoos (1 on his back, 1 on his right wrist, 1 on his left ankle and one behind his right ear). He is allergic to grass and he has a good immune system. He met Mark at the GSA. He calls Mark baby, babe or angel.

-Mark is an anthropology major who is originally from Detroit, Michigan. He is close with parents and he has 1 little sister (Sally). Mark has floppy brown hair (which he occasionally dyes blue), blue eyes, about 5’8 and a muscular build. He has a pierced ear (left). He is also incredibly shy. Like...INCREDIBLY SHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Even after dating Stephen for over a year, he still blushes when Stephen calls him gorgeous). He is allergic to dust and he has a crappy immune system. He met Stephen at the GSA. He calls Stephen baby, babe or sweetheart.

Chapter 1:

“That’s the end of class everyone. Have a good winter break.”

Stephen smiled and got up, grabbing his books and his backpack. When he walked out of the room, he was surprised to see his boyfriend Mark standing outside.

“Mark? What are you doing here?”

Mark smiled and came up to Stephen, pulling him into a hug and wrapping his arms around his waist. Stephen smiled and kissed his boyfriend’s forehead.

“How you doing gorgeous?”

Mark blushed at the compliment from his boyfriend. Stephen smiled and nuzzled Mark’s nose.

“You’re cute when you blush.”

Mark blushed even more and ducked his head so his hair was covering his face, embarrassed. Stephen wrapped his arm around Mark and kissed his head.

“You wanna go get some lunch?”

Mark nodded and let his boyfriend lead him away from the building.

-----------------------

“I’ll have a chicken sandwich on rye and he’ll have a tuna salad on wheat.”

Mark smiled as Stephen ordered for him. A lot of people would have been annoyed by having their boyfriend order for them but between Mark’s shyness and the fact that he loved letting his boyfriend take care of him, he didn’t mind at all. Stephen smiled at Mark and reached for his hand from across the table. Mark smiled back and entwined their fingers together. Stephen rubbed his thumb across Mark’s knuckles. Mark’s nose twitched and he let out a small sniffle before turning his head and stifling two sneezes.

Aish! Aish!

“Bless you babe. Allergies?”

Mark shrugged as he turned back around. Stephen picked up Mark’s hand and kissed it. Mark smiled and pushed a strand of hair behind his ear. When their food came, the boys let go of each other’s hands and began to eat. Mark continued to sniffle throughout the meal and Stephen couldn’t help but smile. He thought Mark was absolutely adorable when he was sniffly. Well, at least when he was sniffling because of allergies as opposed to a cold. When he was sniffling because of a cold, he just wanted to hug his boyfriend and make him feel better. Mark smiled at Stephen and dug into his food. Stephen smiled back and chuckled quietly when Mark stifled another sneeze against his shoulder.

Aish!

“Bless you!”

------------------------

Mark leaned back on the bed, waiting for Stephen to come back from the bathroom. When Stephen came back in, he pulled his shirt off and yanked his jeans off, replacing them with a pair of pajama bottoms. When he was changed, he crawled into bed with Mark and pulled him close to his chest. Mark smiled and leaned his head against Stephen’s shoulder. Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead and frowned.

“Mark?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re forehead feels a little warm. You feeling okay?”

Mark sniffled and rubbed his nose.

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

Mark kissed Stephen’s cheek and blushed.

“I’m fine baby. Promise.”

Stephen smiled and nuzzled Mark’s neck.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Comments? Requests? Other things?

YES! I have been waiting (impatiently lol) for this story because I knew it was coming and now it's here! I love these two wayyyy too much :wub: :wub: :wub: They are so adorable. Promising start, I can't wait to see more! Love them, love you, love this! Yay!! :D

Haha that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! thanks for writing this and looking forward to more! I remember Stephen and Mark, what a cute couple! haha :laugh::wub: I love your stories! :heart:

Quite Contrary-Yay! I'm glad you like it! I hope you enjoy the rest as much.

Zane-YAY FOR ZANE COMMENTS! YAY! Glad you like it.

Ralee-I hope you enjoy this chapter as much.

secretsneezelover27- :)

Chapter 2:

Stephen woke up slowly, enjoying the fact that he could sleep in. It was winter break after all. When his eyes were fully open, he glanced down at his still sleeping boyfriend and kissed his forehead. Mark sighed in his sleep and put his arm around Stephen’s waist. Stephen smiled and wrapped his arm around Stephen’s shoulders, rubbing his arm gently. Mark yawned and woke up, nuzzling Stephen’s neck. Stephen kissed Mark’s head again.

“Morning gorgeous.”

“Morning.”

Mark smiled up at Stephen and caught his lips in a quick kiss. Stephen smiled.

“How are you babe?”

“Fi…Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you! Still allergies?”

Mark blushed and nodded. At least, he hoped it was allergies. Honestly, his throat felt scratchy and irritated and he had a bit of a headache. He also felt incredibly congested, and not in an allergies way. Mark sniffled and curled further under the covers, cuddling closer to Stephen.

Aishoo! Aishoo!

Stephen smiled and reached over to the bedside table, grabbing a tissue from the tissue box. He lovingly placed it over Mark’s slightly pink nose.

“Blow your nose baby.”

Mark blew his nose harshly into the tissue. When he was finished, Stephen threw the tissue into the garbage can. Mark smiled and nuzzled Stephen’s neck. Stephen kissed Mark’s head.

“Do you have anything you need to do today babe?”

Mark sighed.

“I have to go in to work at the coffee shop today.”

“Last day?”

Mark nodded and let out a small sniffle. Stephen sighed and pushed the covers back while simultaneously letting out a groan. Mark shivered slightly at the loss of warmth and smiled at his boyfriend. Stephen hated getting up in the morning. Stephen turned his head and glanced at Mark before walking over and pulling him into a long and loving kiss. Mark smiled against Stephen’s lips and, when they pulled away, Stephen caught sight of a light blush on Mark’s cheeks. Stephen smiled before leaning forward and gently nibbling Mark’s ear and whispering “I love you”. Mark smiled as Stephen pulled away. The boys’ foreheads touched and they nuzzled their noses together until Mark pulled away.

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you cutie.”

Mark smiled. Stephen kissed Mark’s sensitive nose and pushed a strand of hair behind Mark’s ear.

“Go get ready for work baby.”

Mark smiled and left the room, going to brush his teeth in the bathroom. Stephen watched his boyfriend walk off and smiled after him.

-------------------------

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you…”

AISHOO!

“Bless you Mark!”

Mark looked up at his co-worker Rayna, who was looking at him with concern.

“You okay honey?”

Mark nodded and blew his nose into the soggy tissue he had in his hand. Rayna put her hand against Mark’s forehead.

“Mark, you feel warm. I think you have a fever.”

Mark blushed under Rayna’s glance. Truthfully, he had been feeling progressively worse all day. Rayna sighed.

“Go home Mark. It’s not that busy today. We don’t need the extra hands.”

Mark sighed and nodded before going to the backroom to pack up his stuff. When he had grabbed his coat and his backpack, he trudged out into the snow and started his walk home.

-----------------

Stephen glanced up from his laptop when he heard the front door open.

“Mark, babe, that you?”

Aishoo!

Stephen smiled and got up, walking out of their bedroom to meet his boyfriend.

“You’re home early. Were your allergies really bugging you that…”

Stephen stopped mid sentence when he saw his boyfriend. Mark had snowflakes in his hair and he was completely soaked. His nose was bright red and he had a tissue in his hand.

“Baby, what happened?”

“It’s snowing…Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! AISHOO!

“Bless you my angel. Did you walk home?”

“Yes. AISHOO!

“Oh baby. Come here where it’s warm.”

Stephen pulled Mark into their bedroom.

“Get undressed.”

Mark shed his wet clothes as Stephen grabbed a pair of sweatpants and an extra warm and comfy hoodie. When Mark was down to his boxers, Stephen passed him the clothes and helped him get dressed before pulling him into bed and under the warm covers.

“Baby, you should have called me. I would have come to pick you up.”

Mark sniffled and crawled further under the covers. Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead.

“Mark, babe, the sniffles aren’t from allergies, are they?”

Mark blushed bright red and shook his head. Stephen sighed.

“Mark, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t feel all that sick yesterday. Just sniffly.”

Stephen kissed Mark’s lips gently.

“I’m sorry you don’t feel well.”

Mark sniffled in response and yawned sleepily. Stephen smiled.

“Take a nap baby.”

Mark sniffled and leaned against Stephen’s chest, closing his eyes.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Haha first of all I just love how my comments are called "Zane comments" :laugh: Secondly AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this was just toooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute!!! :boom::wub: poor Mark! I absolutley love your stories! Thanks for writing them! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know it's taken me a while to update. My best friend died about a day after my last post and I haven't felt up to writing. But I'm back now. :) Hope you enjoy more of Mark and Stephen. Also, quick warning, this contains mentions of vomiting (no actual vomiting) so if you can't handle that, skip it.

Spica-Glad you like it! I love writing about these two.

secretsneezelover27-Yay! I appreciate it.

Zane-Zane comments rock my world! Haha. I missed reading your comments. :)

sneezytwilight-Glad you enjoy it.

Ralee-Thank you so much!

Ch. 3:

Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you cutie pie.”

Mark sniffled awake and rubbed his nose against Stephen’s shoulder. Stephen kissed Mark’s head.

“How you feeling baby?”

“Pretty crappy.”

Stephen nodded and cuddled Mark closer. Mark smiled and kissed Stephen’s hair. Stephen smiled.

“You’re adorable when you’re sniffly.”

Mark sniffled.

“What do you mean?”

“Your nose is all red and sniffly and your voice gets scratchy from a sore throat and you get extra cuddly and sweet.”

Mark blushed and buried his head in Stephen’s neck. Stephen smiled.

“Plus you’re adorable when you’re wearing my hoodie.”

Mark slowly lifted his head up and allowed Stephen to kiss his lips. Mark nuzzled Stephen’s neck before abruptly pulling back and covering his nose and his mouth with cupped hands.

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you baby.”

Mark groaned.

“Stephen, can you pass me a tis…tis…AISHOO!

“Aw babe.”

Stephen pulled a tissue out of the box and gently removed Mark’s hands, placing the tissue over Mark’s nose.

“Blow your nose babe.”

Mark sniffled gently and blew his nose into the tissue. When he was finished, Stephen threw out the tissue and kissed his boyfriend’s cheek. Mark smiled and leaned back against Stephen. Both boys remained like that, curled up together, until Mark’s cell phone rang. Mark sniffled and checked his caller ID before smiling.

“Hi mom.”

Stephen smiled when he saw his boyfriend’s face light up when he talked to his mom. Mark and his family were very close but he’d always had a special connection to his mom. Mark glanced at Stephen and smiled at him, while still talking with his mother.

“What was that mom?...Oh, I don’t know…Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!....Thanks…No, I have a cold…I’m okay mom, Stephen’s taking care of me…Yeah, I agree, he is pretty amazing…”

Mark blushed as Stephen smiled. Mark rolled his eyes.

“Let me ask him mom.”

Mark put his hand over the receiver and turned to Stephen.

“Sweetie, would you mind if my mom came by for a few days? It’s the first Christmas we haven’t spent together.”

Stephen smiled and nodded. Mark’s grin grew even larger as he turned back to the phone.

“Sounds good mom…Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!...Thank you…I love you too mom…I’ll see you soon.”

Mark turned his phone off and curled up next to Stephen.

“Love you.”

“Love you too babe.”

-------------------

“Babe, I have to go shopping. Do you need anything?”

Mark sniffled and rubbed his nose on his sleeve, blinking sleepily as he woke up. Stephen couldn’t help but lean forward and kiss Mark’s lips. Mark smiled and yawned before nuzzling Stephen’s nose. Stephen returned the smile.

“You need anything angel?”

“Can you get me some Nyquil? And maybe some Tylenol? And a bottle of ginger ale?”

Stephen laughed at the last request.

“Ginger ale? Really?”

Mark nodded shyly.

“My stomach’s a little upset.”

Stephen’s smile faded and he immediately sat down and put his wrist to Mark’s forehead.

“Are you nauseous? Do you have any cramps? Do you need to throw up?”

“I’m fine sweetie. I just don’t feel very well.”

Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead.

“You sure baby?”

“Yeah.”

Stephen nodded and stood up.

“Call me if you need anything.”

Mark nodded and cuddled back under the covers. Stephen ran his fingers through Mark’s hair and smiled before turning around and leaving the apartment.

---------------------

Stephen grabbed some orange juice off the shelf and put it in the card before he heard his cell phone ring. When he looked at the ID and saw “Mark”, he couldn’t help smiling.

“Hey babe.”

“…Stephen?”

Stephen’s heart broke in half as he heard how hurt Mark sounded.

“Mark, baby, what’s wrong?”

“I threw up.”

“Oh angel! I’m coming home now. I’ll come take care of you.”

“Okay…Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“I love you angel.”

“You too.”

Stephen hung up the phone and went to the checkout line to pay. He ran to the car with his groceries and drove home to his boyfriend. When he got home, he put the groceries in the kitchen before walking towards his room.

“Mark, babe?”

“Bathroom.”

Stephen walked into the bathroom to see Mark leaning over the toilet bowl.

“Oh baby.”

Mark sniffled pathetically. Stephen sat behind Mark and rubbed his back in slow, firm circles.

“Take deep breaths angel. I’m here. I’ll take care of you.”

Mark leaned back against Stephen’s chest. Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead.

“You wanna go back to bed babe?”

“Yes please.”

Mark started to stand up but a wave of dizziness forced him back down, next to the toilet bowl. Stephen kissed his boyfriend’s head and silently scooped the sick boy into his arms. Mark buried his head in Stephen’s shoulder.

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! A…AISHOO!

“Bless you baby.”

When they got to the bedroom, Stephen gently put Mark on the bed and pushed his hair back.

“You gonna be okay?”

Mark sniffled and nodded, burrowing under the covers. Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead and turned away to let his boyfriend rest.

“Stephen?”

Stephen stopped and turned back towards his boyfriend.

“What’s up babe?”

“Cuddles?”

Stephen smiled and climbed into bed next to Mark. Mark placed his head on Stephen’s chest and closed his eyes.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Mark smiled and fell asleep to the sound of Stephen’s heartbeat.

Oh sweetie, I'm so so sorry about your friend. :( I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how much I appreciate you continuing to write during such a difficult time. Thank you! These two are so adorable I can't even handle it!

Oh, huney...I'm so sorry. <:( Please feel free to post anything and we will try to help you through your tough time best we can. Thank you for continuing the story too. I LOVE these!!! <3 Try to stay positive, okay?

Thank you so much secretsneezelover27, Spica, x2-rainbow, Akahana and Ralee for your well wishes. I really appreciate it guys. Anyway, things have started to calm down now so expect much more frequent updates.

Ch. 4:

Stephen woke up to the sound of retching coming from right next to him.

“Mark, babe?”

Stephen sat up and saw Mark leaning over the side of the bed, throwing up in the trashcan next to their bed.

“Oh Mark, baby!”

Mark coughed and spit a few times before slowly sitting up and burying his face in Stephen’s neck. Stephen kissed Mark’s head and began to rub his back as Mark let out a whimper. Stephen tilted Mark’s head up and placed a tender kiss on his forehead, checking his temperature.

“Mark, baby, you’re burning up!”

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! A…AISHOO!

“Oh baby.”

Stephen kissed Mark’s head again before gently leaning him back against the pillows and getting up and walking to the bathroom. He came back a minute later with the thermometer and a glass of water.

“Open your mouth angel.”

Mark sleepily complied and opened his mouth, letting Stephen place the thermometer under his tongue. When the thermometer beeped, Stephen frowned.

“104.6. Baby, that’s really high!”

Mark sniffled and let out a small string of coughs. Stephen kissed Mark’s forehead and put the glass of water in Mark’s hand.

“Drink it slowly babe.”

Mark took a couple of small sips before putting the glass back on the bedside table and leaning back against Stephen.

“Stephen?”

“What baby?”

“I don’t feel well. Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you my beautiful angel.”

Mark coughed again and sniffled, closing his eyes and trying to fall back asleep. Stephen rubbed Mark’s back lovingly as his boyfriend’s breath evened out.

----------------------------

It couldn’t have been more then 45 minutes later that Mark was leaning over the side of the bed, throwing up again. Stephen sighed and got up. He kissed Mark’s head before going over to their dresser and pulling out his jeans and a long sleeve shirt, quickly getting dressed. Mark sniffled.

“Stephen, sweetie, what are you doing?”

“Getting dressed. I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“No, Stephen…”

“Mark! You have a fever of 104.6, maybe higher by now and you can’t keep anything down, not even water! You’re dehydrated and incredibly sick! I love you and I want to make sure you’re okay. So yes, we’re going to the hospital!”

Mark coughed then let out a small sniffle before nodding. Stephen sat down on the bed next to Mark and kissed his forehead.

“I love you my angel.”

“I love you too.”

“Let’s get you better.”

Mark nodded and allowed Stephen to help him up. Mark leaned against Stephen as the boys walked towards the car.

--------------------------

4 hours later, Mark was curled up in his pajamas, in a hospital bed with an IV in his arm. Stephen was sitting next to him, holding his hand and showering him with kisses.

“Baby, do you think you can try to go to sleep?”

Mark sighed, which turned into a cough, before shaking his head.

“Stephen, I don’t feel good.”

Stephen sighed and nudged Mark over before climbing into the hospital bed next to his boyfriend.

“Come here baby. Lay your head on my chest.”

Mark placed his head on Stephen’s chest and allowed his boyfriend to wrap his arms around him.

“I love you, you know that right?”

Mark nodded and sleepily kissed Stephen’s neck. Stephen smiled and nuzzled Mark’s hair.

“I will always take care of you.”

Mark smiled and nuzzled into Stephen’s neck.

“Thank you for taking me to the hospital. I know I wasn’t happy but…”

“I just want you healthy baby.”

Mark nodded and sniffled before nuzzling his nose into Mark’s shirt.

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you my sweet angel.”

Mark sniffled. Stephen pulled a tissue out of the box on the bedside table and wiped Mark’s nose with it.

“Your poor sniffly nose…”

Mark sniffled and sighed. Stephen began to rub his boyfriend’s back in soothing circles. Mark felt his eyes begin to droop as Stephen’s fingers worked their magic. As Mark finally fell asleep, Stephen kissed his sick boyfriend’s forehead.

“I love you my beautiful, sweet angel. I hope you feel better soon.”

Mark snuffled adorably in his sleep before sleepily whispering “love Stephen” and burrowed further into Stephen’s neck. Stephen smiled, wrapped his arms around Mark and closed his eyes.

Comments? Requests? Other things? Sorry this chapter was so short.

I'm glad your feeling a little better sweetie. I can't say I know how you feel, but I do know what it's like to lose something you charish. Keep being positive and know that your friend's always with you, and the pain will lessen over time. Thank you for posting, I really love these two, they're just so cute!!! Lots of Love girl!! <3

• 2 weeks later...

Akahana-Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you love my boys. They love you too. :)

secretsneezelover27-Thank you my dear.

Ch 5:

Stephen woke up at around 8am, still asleep in the hospital bed next to his sick boyfriend. Stephen yawned quietly, trying not to move too much and wake Mark up, but to no avail. Mark’s eyes sleepily fluttered open and he curled up against Stephen’s neck.

“You stayed?”

Stephen smiled and kissed Mark’s forehead.

“Of course I stayed baby. Did you think I would leave you?”

Mark shrugged sadly. Stephen sighed and pulled Mark closer.

“I would never leave you here alone.”

Mark smiled and kissed Stephen’s neck. Stephen shivered slightly at Mark’s kiss and nuzzled Mark’s forehead.

“How are you feeling my angel?”

“A little bit better, I guess.”

Stephen smiled and rubbed Mark’s back.

“Nauseous?”

“Not very much. Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you! That’s great babe.”

“Yeah. I think I was mostly just dehydrated.”

Stephen put his wrist against Mark’s forehead and smiled when he noticed Mark’s temperature seemed much lower. He kissed Mark’s cheek and pulled the blanket up further around them.

“Do you want to go back to sleep? Or should we watch some TV?”

“TV.”

Stephen nodded and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on. The boys watched quietly for a couple of hours before a nurse appeared with a thermometer.

“Good morning Mark. Are you feeling any better today?”

Mark nodded against Stephen’s shoulder. The nurse smiled.

“Good. I want to take your temperature. Can you open your mouth?”

Mark complied and let the nurse slip a thermometer under his tongue. When it beeped, the nurse smiled.

“103. That’s much lower then last night.”

Mark smiled again as the nurse put the thermometer away but Stephen couldn’t help but frown. When he had felt Mark’s forehead not that long ago, he had seemed much cooler then that. The nurse turned back to Mark.

“Sweetie, would you like anything to drink from the cafeteria? Some tea, water, maybe some ginger ale?”

“Can I have a ginger ale? Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Sure sweetie. What about you Stephen?”

“Um, I would love something to eat, preferably something that won’t make his stomach upset. And maybe some coffee.”

“Sure thing honey.”

When the nurse left, Mark turned towards Stephen.

“Did you hear that? I’m getting better.”

Stephen smiled at Mark’s enthusiasm and nuzzled his neck.

“You’re so adorable.”

Mark blushed and sniffled.

Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you cutie pie.”

Mark let out a small cough and cuddled back into Stephen’s chest.

“Love you.”

“Love you too Mark.”

-------------------------

“Boys.”

Mark and Stephen looked up at the nurse as she came walking in with their stuff from the cafeteria. She passed Mark his ginger ale and put a plate of pancakes and eggs next to Stephen before leaving. Mark sipped at his ginger ale as they continued to watch TV. Stephen, however, took only a few bites of egg before he pushed his plate away. Mark frowned.

“Is the food okay?”

“It’s alright. I guess I’m just not as hungry as I thought I was.”

Mark’s frowned turned to full on concern.

“But Stephen, you’re always hungry.”

Stephen shrugged and let out a small sniffle. Mark’s eyes widened almost comically and he pushed the button on the side of his bed, signaling the nurse. Stephen looked at Mark, worried.

“Babe, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

Just then, the same nurse walked in.

“Mark, what’s wrong?”

“Can you take Stephen’s temperature?”

Both Stephen and the nurse looked at Mark questionably before the nurse nodded, producing the thermometer and waiting for Stephen to open his mouth. Stephen rolled his eyes but opened up for the nurse. She placed the thermometer in Stephen’s mouth and, when it beeped, she frowned.

“Stephen, honey, you have a fever of 101 degrees.”

Mark sighed and cuddled close to Stephen before leaning up and whispering “I’m sorry” in Stephen’s ear. Stephen shook his head and pulled Mark close to him.

“No angel. Don’t be sorry. You couldn’t help it.”

Mark sniffled before pitching forward, trying to aim away from Stephen.

Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you baby.”

Mark sniffled wetly. Stephen pulled a tissue out of the pack he still had in his pocket and placed it over Mark’s nose.

“Blow your nose angel.”

Mark blew his nose harshly before letting out a small cough. Stephen nodded, satisfied that Mark was okay, before turning back to the nurse.

“So, I’m sick too?”

“It would appear so. Do you feel ill?”

“No. Not at all.”

“Well, sometimes when we’re worried about the wellbeing of someone else, we stop paying attention to how we feel. Now that you know Mark’s going to be fine, take a minute to assess how you really feel.”

Stephen sighed. His muscles felt sore, he was sleepy, it hurt to swallow, his stomach was a little upset and he felt pretty stuffy. Stephen opened his mouth to respond that he felt like crap but all that came out was a loud, wet sneeze.

HISHOO!

“Bless you.”

Stephen sniffled and grabbed a tissue, blowing his nose as quietly as he could before turning towards the nurse.

“Maybe I don’t feel so well.”

The nurse nodded and placed her hands on both boys’ foreheads.

“Stephen, how about I get you another blanket and maybe a separate pillow?”

Stephen sniffled and nodded. The nurse smiled and left the room, in search of a blanket and a pillow. Mark kissed Stephen’s forehead.

“How’s your tummy?”

“A little upset, but not that bad. How’s yours?”

“Better than it was yesterday.”

Stephen nodded before grabbing the remote and turning off the TV. Mark cuddled closer to Stephen and nuzzled his neck.

“Do you want to take a nap together? Aishoo! Aishoo!

“Bless you babe.”

Mark sniffled and pulled the blanket over the 2 of them, resting his head against Stephen’s chest. Stephen sniffled and wrapped his arms around Mark. Both boys were asleep in 10 minutes.

-----------------------------

Mark sneezed himself awake 3 hours later and smiled as he saw Stephen snoring softly. Mark kissed Stephen’s cheek and, when he looked up, he saw the spare blanket and pillow next to them. He grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around Stephen and placed the pillow behind his boyfriend’s head before leaning down against him and falling back asleep.

Archived