Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does the Snake Pit ever get cleaned out?

Shay

So I'm just wondering if the Snake Pit ever gets cleaned out. I was looking for a rant that I had posted around a year ago because pretty much the same thing happened to me today that happened in that previous rant and I wanted to just add another mini rant onto the original one rather than starting a new topic and having to explain the whole thing again. I couldn't find that original topic though and I saw that the Snake Pit only had 5 pages on it so that's why I was wondering if topics get deleted off of there periodically.

Of course it's always possible that I remembered wrong and I ranted in my blog instead of the snake pit, but I don't even know if we got the blogs back yet or not cause I can't find those either.

Lynne or HoL would be able to provide more specific information but various forums including Off-Topic and The Snake Pit have indeed been pruned relatively regularly in the past. I'm unsure how that will work now with the forum update. And hopefully HoL might have more information about the Blogs as well sometime soon. I miss them too.

Ok, thanks for the info. In any case I checked the other forum to see if I had posted it there as well, and it turns out that I had and it was still there, so I can just copy and paste from that old post so I don't have to type out the whole problem all over again.

I clean out the Snake Pit every few months, and I tend to go back six months. All off-topic boards are purged occasionally. Fetish material is, however, archived :)

I clean out the Snake Pit every few months, and I tend to go back six months. All off-topic boards are purged occasionally. Fetish material is, however, archived smile.png

Where are the archives (assuming I'm not missing something totally obvious)? I see in General Discussion, for example, goes back to 2007 but the board was started in 2002, right?

Several years ago, before I joined the staff, there was a mass purge of a lot of material (somewhere around 2007). We've since decided to purge the off-topic areas and to keep the fetish areas of the forum as they are. The "archives" are just older posts. We don't do anything to them, we just let them fall off the main page. That's why you won't find much older than 4-5 years.

Archived