Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question about Topic/Reply numbers

SterlingSilver

Hey guys!

This question really isn't pressing, but I was just curious. To the right of every forum, or thread, there are numbers that say something like, "184 topics" and below that "23 replies." Sometimes, after the "23" number, there will be a red number in parenthesis. I was just wondering what that number was, that's all.

Thanks for listening! :D

I think it's the number of posts you haven't read yet. At least that's how I understand it. :)

Chanel is absolutely right, that's exactly what it is :)

This is a feature I was testing for possible inclusion on the forum, but then disabled it as it seems to either not be able to count properly, or (more likely) it ignores when you hit 'mark all/forum as read'.

When you press the 'mark all/forum as read' the number disappears, however as soon as there is one more new post in that forum, the number will reappear but, will display the same value as it did before you hit 'mark all/forum as read' + 1!

As I said, I thought I'd disabled the feature as it wasn't working properly, but apparently it only seems to have been disabled from the main forum page, not sub-forums.

Seems some features around here just don't know when they're not wanted... :rolleyes:

xDDD! Thank you both! That completely answered my question.

(and yeah, I kind of geeked out when I realized that the OWNER of the FORUM actually answered it LOL) whoo.gif

Archived