Sneeze Fetish Forum

Starting a new anime: Who's seen it?

SterlingSilver

I've bought my first yaoi anime, and it looks really cute. I haven't started yet, but I wanted to know if anyone had seen it and liked it ^_^. After I watch it, I'll probably be ready to fangirl about it, if it's any good LOL.

It's called Junjou Romantica xD

If you want my opinion, JR is only good if you want pretty boys and yaoi and are ready to overlook a pretty thin, stupid plot. I'm afraid I found it more annoying than anything else, especially the characters. It's your typical brainless, clueless, rape-leads-to-love BL romance. Some of the seme characters are pretty attractive I guess, but all in all I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are a hardcore yaoi fan.

I've seen it and I love it!! biggrin.png I think it's really good

Care to explain what you think it's good about it? :) I know a LOT of girls love it, and I'd like to hear their thoughts about it, since I'm clearly failing to see the appeal here. :laugh:

wasn't that one that had the grumpy literature student? I liked him! :lol: Other than that, well, I'm not generally into BL, but I managed to watch it, so I guess there was something in it I liked. Can't remember though... except that boy. :lol:

T^T... I-.. I just watched the first episode-.. and.. I feel-.. REALLY DIRTY T^T... x'D..

I paid money for it, so I can't just-.. get RID of it.. I mean, I like it-.. but-.. I guess I under-estimated what a MATURE anime WAS lol

I hope I'm not a bad person for watching it xDD.. I've never watch something like this-..

I'd be really embarrassed if someone found me watching it LOL. Maybe I should have previewed it online before making a hasty decision *facepalm* xDD

Thanks for the opinions, guys lol. I guess I should have asked BEFORE I bought it ^^''..

One of my friends is OBSESSED with this show, and has been trying to get me to watch it for ages. But I'm not sure I want to if it's really that stupid. i honestly haven't seen that many animes, anyway, only about three or four full series (all of which I've liked), so I should probably see some more quality things first.

It's your typical brainless, clueless, rape-leads-to-love BL romance.

I thought that was really eloquent, by the way, VoOs xDD. Some anime/manga DOES tend to go that way, doesn't it? If someone pulled that crap on me, I'd be calling 911 xDDD.

I guess what's keeping me from completely disregarding it (aside from the fact that I'm cheap, and feel obligated to muscle through because of the money LOL) is that it's a decent slice-of-life kind of plot, maybe. Not exactly put together, but it doesn't seem to be a complete trainwreck, so far. It also serves it's purpose well. It's a yaoi BL anime, so while it lacks the substance of psychological thrillers or mecha-mission anime, it holds its own within the genre. The characters are a little cliche, but they fufill the purpose of their types. I know JR was a hit when it came out, so I think it's a forerunner in the yaoi genre.

..though the first episode.. xD.. *shudder* LOL.. It'll probably get worse from here :P xD

One of my friends is OBSESSED with this show, and has been trying to get me to watch it for ages. But I'm not sure I want to if it's really that stupid. i honestly haven't seen that many animes, anyway, only about three or four full series (all of which I've liked), so I should probably see some more quality things first.

Yeah (sorry for spamming this thread xD), I get what you mean. This type of thing is for people who are into the genre, not just casual viewers. I'd go for something more mainstream if I were you. Like Ouran High School Host Club, or Soul Eater, or even Naruto.

Anime is just like food. It depends on your tastes. There's millions of different ones out there.

Actually I think there's far worse stuff out there. I remember getting some chuckles and well, the dirty perv I am, I sort of liked it was so... un-inhibited. :P I don't think it's the most brainless anime I've seen, seriously, there's sooooo much worse. And if I would recommend a BL series, that one would be on my list... well, on the long one - the one that has anything else than no. 6 :P

Yeah (sorry for spamming this thread xD), I get what you mean. This type of thing is for people who are into the genre, not just casual viewers. I'd go for something more mainstream if I were you. Like Ouran High School Host Club, or Soul Eater, or even Naruto.

Anime is just like food. It depends on your tastes. There's millions of different ones out there.

I adore Ouran, though I never did get a chance to see the whole thing (I'm really bad about that). So far I've only seen all of Baccano (my favorite), Yugioh Gx (the sub at least counts, doesn't it?) and Death Note. And right now I'm in the middle of No. 6. I've also really liked a lot of others I've started, like Ouran, and Wolf's Rain and Gravitation I've been meaning to finish, but there are just too many shows, haha.

Naruto... I've heard a lot about it of course, but I've gotten a lot of mixed feedback on whether or not it's worth it. Do you think it's good?

One of my friends is OBSESSED with this show, and has been trying to get me to watch it for

I adore Ouran, though I never did get a chance to see the whole thing (I'm really bad about that). So far I've only seen all of Baccano (my favorite), Yugioh Gx (the sub at least counts, doesn't it?) and Death Note. And right now I'm in the middle of No. 6. I've also really liked a lot of others I've started, like Ouran, and Wolf's Rain and Gravitation I've been meaning to finish, but there are just too many shows, haha.

Naruto... I've heard a lot about it of course, but I've gotten a lot of mixed feedback on whether or not it's worth it. Do you think it's good?

Oh, I KNOW! Isn't Ouran CUTE? Tamaki is such a doll. He's my favorite ^_^

BACCANO!? HOLY CRAP! I LOVE THAT SHOW! Claire is such a bad ass. And Luck and Firo and Jacuzzi Splot xDD. Such an interesting show. The time line is nuts :D. You'd like Durarara!! if you liked Baccano! :D

With Naruto, there are so many episodes, I haven't even tried it. I hear things really pick up in Shippoudin, because everyone is mature. But since it's one of those epic anime, beware of flashbacks and severe filler xD. I watched the abridged version :P.. But, it's an anime staple, so if you can sit through it, I'd give it a try ^_^

Ouran's adorable. Tamaki and Hunny are my favorites, but honestly, they're all too cute for words. I really, really need to actually watch the entirety of that show, and in the proper order.

Baccano is the BEST. I love Claire and Firo and Jacuzzi too, and also Czeslaw and Isaac and Miria. It's the best plot and show execution that I've ever seen... ever. I definitely want to see Durarara.

Yeah, I've definitely heard about the infamous Naruto fillers... hmm, on the one hand I feel like I should be watching it, but the tons-of-episodes thing is kind of intimidating.

• 1 month later...

I really have to disagree with VoOs here. I've watched the first season of Romantica and I have to say I love it.

I did feel it was anymore mature than most things you's see on Tv...but maybe becasue its BL...others see it in a different light.(I saw it for free online...I'm sorry you had to pay for it...>.<...but I might have had a cut verion....though they couldn't have cut much.)

I really love it. I felt it was completely sweet. There are 3 stories in it by the way...not just one. My favorite story in it...was the one with Naowki (tall guy...working in college...dating professor.) I felt that story was sweet and heart felt. As well as very emotional. I don't feel VoOs has seen the whole anime. Yes I agree the first story...(the main story with the author guy) is more generic than not. But the second story is wonderful to me...and it alone made me feel that Romantica was worth watching. Its very 'slice of life and romacne on top' a few mixed feelings are thrown in...but the generaly sweetness of it all makes it totaly worth it.

I don't feel you need to be a hardcore anything to like it. If you like Romance at all...and arn't against BL...you'll love it. But only if you watch it.

And in general the stoires of most animes are nothing. They are the same plot rolled out with different characters agian and agian for the most part. Anime has become a dying breed were stoires are concerned...in fact...I've only seen a few animes that have been worth the time to watch...and even fewer manga that were worth the time to read. I can't say Romantica was bad...becuase it wasn't...the story was perfectly fine as far as romance is concerned...so what...no one saved the world...or blew up a locomotive...or died...so what...those things don't make for good stories anyway...what makes for a good story is the human connection one can get from the chracters...and the experince one gains from the plot. I feel like after experienceing the second story of Romanitica ...I was a much happier person...even if only for a while...it was memoriable and enjoyable.

VoOs...sorry...but I don't know what you watched. Couldn't have been Junjou Romanctica.

In no way is it stupid.

----At the moment it is still one of the most popular Yaoi animes...around. Period. I love it. Can't complain. I can't say it my favorite Yaoi thing every...but its worth the time if you like BL.

VoOs...sorry...but I don't know what you watched. Couldn't have been Junjou Romanctica. In no way is it stupid.

Oh, trust me. I have watched it all the way through. Both seasons. And I stand by my point: I think the plot is ridiculous, most characters' inner dialogues make me cringe, and above all: they just couldn't stay away from using rape and sexual harrassment as a trigger for romance. It's common in BL, and I find it fundamentally sick. Usagi-san forces himself on Misaki the first time they are alone together. How is that "completely sweet"? uhuh.gif I admit, the other two love stories aren't as creepy as the main romance between Usagi and Misaki, but they still hit me as incredibly unrealistic. I do like the character Miyagi quite a bit, but just one enjoyable character isn't enough to save a bad show.

Then again, this is just my opinion. If I want to watch a good BL anime, I watch No.6. If I want good romance, I watch NANA.

I still think there are some great anime stories out there... Junjou Romantica just isn't one of them. For me. :)

...they just couldn't stay away from using rape and sexual harrassment as a trigger for romance. It's common in BL, and I find it fundamentally sick.

That is pretty strange, isn't it? I used to buy a lot of BL manga and just ended up getting tired of the same old "guy forces himself on dude and now they're in love" plot. Not only is it morally disquieting, it's also just completely uninspired writing.

...they just couldn't stay away from using rape and sexual harrassment as a trigger for romance. It's common in BL, and I find it fundamentally sick.

That is pretty strange, isn't it? I used to buy a lot of BL manga and just ended up getting tired of the same old "guy forces himself on dude and now they're in love" plot. Not only is it morally disquieting, it's also just completely uninspired writing.

Hear, hear.

It's sad, because I love the idea of BL. The genre has so much potential for sexiness and good drama, but I have yet to find an official BL anime (which No.6 isn't) that has a somewhat decent plot and realistic, equal relationships between characters. These ever-present "seme and uke" dynamics make me want to stab myself with a rusty spork. <___<

Archived