Sneeze Fetish Forum

And another chat question.

Jorm

Maybe the old chat just wasn't as popular as the new one has been, but it seems to me like more member groups than before can access chat now? I don't remember people below the rank of "member" being able to use the chatroom before, but I could be wrong. I'm not complaining btw, just confused mostly.

I thought it was after someone was validated...but I could be wrong. I double checked the member levels in "read before posting" and it doesn't look like it's listed under any of the bullet points. But blogs and adult board are as low as "newbie". I think we've just had a run of people making over the 200 posts required before they are validated and skipping right over "newbie" and "poster". Just a guess.

I'm failrly sure, as Polychrome says that anyone who has been validated can access Chat. I think it comes at the same time as PM privileges. If you have any specific concerns Ouro, feel free to PM HoL or Lynne as they can view the permissions, or of course, you are welcome to contact me, or any other member of staff you prefer, and we can pass it on.

:hug:

"Newbie" and "Poster" levels can also access chat. Anyone above "Validating" can do so, in fact.

I think the recent upturn in the number of people using the chat may be at least partly due to the little red number above the chat icon. One or two people have said they thought they had some messages and others have perhaps been tempted as it is more visible than the old chat used to be.

The fact that there are many awesome chatusers doesn't do any harm either.....

I have recently done a large chunk of validations of Pending members, so that could explain a surge of new folks in chat. As both Lynne and Vetinari have said, anyone at 'Newbie' or higher can access chat. I also think the red number makes the presence of others in there more visible, which could explain it too.

Archived