Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chatroom limit?

Heathcliff

I just tried to enter the chat room, and I got an error message I never got before...

" [#CSTART-6] The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave. "

There were 6 people in the chat when I tried this- I'm sure I've seen more than that in there before. Can someone please look into this?

Many thanks, Heathcliff

I have a couple of print screen pics to add *took them to be able to properly complain to some people...*:

%27cuse%20me2.png

%27CUSE%20ME.png

I was in there as well and got kicked out (I guess?)

Sounds like a glitch. Also, you can't really count on how many users the main screen says are in the chat room, because it won't necessarily count everyone (anyone logged in anonymously, for instance, won't show up in the count, but will be seen in the chat room itself).

Unfortunately, you'll have to be patient until High On Lullabies gets back. That's one of those features I don't understand all that well, so I don't touch.

There was less than ten people in there when this happened so I can vouch for the number that shows up above the chat link matching the actual number of people that were there this time. That's kind of weird though, sorry you guys got kicked out. :\ Kiwi just left without saying anything too so the same thing probably happened to her.

Kiwi just left without saying anything too so the same thing probably happened to her.

It sure did xP I'm going into chatroom withdrawal </3

I can say there was 6 people in when I got kicked out. Obviously there should have been 5 after that. *shrug* So yeah, it seems the number was accurate at that moment at least.

The red bubble has been accurate when I've logged on, but the list of # members and who is on livechat at the bottom of the main page only counts those visible. (still happy I found it! doesn't show up on the "new content" view)

I left because all the messages that people would send were appearing 3 and 4 and 5 times duplicated, and then it wouldn't let me back in...

I have had the *duplicated messages syndrome* several times. I would also say that the list of people "currently in active chat" or whatever the wording is, only seems to list those who have logged in recently and is therefore nearly always incomplete.

According to HoL the maximum number that can be in the chatroom is 20

Despite all of the above, it's great having the chatroom back!

The red 'bubble' has always seemed to be pretty much accurate for me too. The 'Who's Chatting' thing is rather less so for a couple me reasons. The first is that as polychrome said, if you're logged in as invisible, you won't show up (except to Admins).

The other reason is in order to try and limit the number of 'active users' on the site, which is what our hosts now use to decide the price we pay every month for the forum software and hosting, I have reduced the session time on the forum. That (I think) is like a clock that starts counting down everytime you open a page and when the time runs out your session expires and you're no longer 'active'. So, if you're in chat and not browsing the forum at the same time, then when your session expires, the forum software no longer considers you active and off the 'who's chatting' list you go.

Unfortunately, while I agree it's frustrating not to be able to see who is in chat without going in there. As I said it's something that is hopefully saving us money, so I'd rather not change it. :blushing:

Archived