Sneeze Fetish Forum

the bad thing about having pets...

SeaHeart

They don't live forever.. :( My little boy's lovebird died today in my arms. He doesn't know yet. Was on the way to the vet. Just didn't make it in time. I don't know what happened. He was fine yesterday... :( This is the worst.. I don't want to tell him.. ughhhhh

Ohhh, how sad, I'm so sorry! I hope your son will be all right.

I lost two gerbils in a similar "they were fine yesterday, what happened?" way. So heartbreaking. ):

I'm sorry, what an awful thing to happen. I know it doesn't help you, but at least the lovebird would have known he was with someone who cared for him when he died.

That's really sad and it is terribly hard to explain to a child. There are many possible reasons he might have died of course. For owners of birds, it isn't that widely known that Teflon pans, when they overheat or burn, can give off fumes that can kill a bird very suddenly. I hope it wasn't that, but it is something worth knowing if you were to get a replacement for your son.

Thank you so much for the support, guys... :hug: I appreciate your kind words more than I can say.

Yesterday was rough. My little guy took it very hard. He loved that bird so so much. Every time I saw sad his face, I just wanted to cry.. Hoping he will feel better and come to terms with the loss as time goes on.

Vet, thank you for the tip.. :hug: I don't think it was fumes that killed him, but it's good to know to avoid them in the future. Still have no idea what happened to him.. :( Poor little birdie.

Oh hun, I'm so sorry ((hugs)). I do feel for you, and have been through this kind of thing with my oldest daughter. She loves to keep hamsters as pets, and has lost 3 of them due to old age so far. She was heartbroken each time :(. We have since bought her new hamsters to care for, although I wasn't too happy about having 2 of them living together in the same cage (even though they were a particular breed that are supposed to be sociable with each other). Well last week the inevitable happened, one of them killed the other, and my daughter discovered it first. Poor love was devastated, yet again. It's so hard, I know, especially if you have to be the one to break the news to your child that their beloved pet has passed away. You can't really soften the blow unfortunately, just be there with lots of hugs and sympathy (as I know you will), and know that your son will get through this in time, with your love and support. Thinking of you both :wub:

Awww ParrotGirl, I'm so sorry about your kitty.. :hug: It really is devestating to lose a pet.

Wishing, So sorry you've been through this as well.. :hug: It is the worst, isn't it?? ughhh It's so tough to see your child heartbroken and not be able to make it better!! He mentioned wanting to go look for another bird today. Hopefully a new friend will help heal his spirit.

Thanks for the kind words, friends.. :hug::wub:

I know the feeling. We had to put down our Schnauzer this summer, the one in my avatar photo. It can be really hard.

Aww (hug) It's a painful thing because they hold such a place in your heart. I hope you all feel better and my heart is with you. :(

Archived