Sneeze Fetish Forum

WARNING: Your privacy is under threat

haymaker

Further to my previous post on this subject it appears that it is now impossible to keep your identity private if you view youtube stuff on a shared computer. I have been unable to clear my youtube history (Despite the facility they provide) or remove the very annoying 'recommended' feature. Also, for those of you who don't already know, scince the 1st of March 2012, Google have been sharing information on your personal viewing habits with all and sundry. Here's a news report:

I've noticed that the recommended videos will show up on the side even if I erase all of my browsing history. It's really annoying. I hate not being able to feel like anything I do is private anymore.

I find that I can get rid of the recommended videos by just deleting YouTube from Firefox's browsing history IF I'm not logged in. If I'm logged in I have to delete the "History" on YouTube too. But I can still delete that and the recommended videos disappear *shrugs*

If you use Firefox and use the "private browsing feature" it usually only recommends Sneezing vids when I am in private browsing mode, and NOT when in the regular mode. Then again, I do not have a youtube username anymore for reasons such as stated above, so maybe if I was signed in I would see it all the time. Not sure. But if you have not tried that option, I recommend it.

Have you tried InPrivate Browsing? That's what I use. :) It works. No one can see a single solitary thing! ^-^

I just never log in on YouTube. Especially not since the whole Google data merge.

There are a couple of things you can do to avoid issues.

In regards to Youtube specifically:

If you don't log in to youtube to view fetish videos they will not show up on your youtube history or in your recommended videos.

Alternatively, don't leave your youtube account open so other people can see your youtube history and recommended videos, duh.

In general:

Do your fetish browsing in private or incognito browsing mode, an option that both Firefox and Google Chrome have, this will prevent anything you view while in private browsing mode from being logged in your browser history.

Another thing you can do is install a browser nobody else uses or knows about and look up things on there. When I used to use a shared computer I looked up all my stuff on Internet Explorer, knowing that nobody ever willingly launches Internet Explorer. Worked for years.

If you don't log in to youtube to view fetish videos they will not show up on your youtube history or in your recommended videos.

They do for me, and I haven't been logged in to YT for at least six months. I've removed my account there and also my Google account (they were linked, by the way), but even so, recommended videos keep popping up.

I just never let anyone else use my computer... also, I check so many weird things on YT anyway, so it's quite mixed up... some Academy Award-speeches, clips from different movies, political stuff, people falling on their asses, music videos, cat videos, sneeze clips... it's never only the sneeze clips, but it doesn't matter if I'm not logged in; it's still there. Even if I haven't been on YT for a week, those damn recommended videos are still there.

Chanel clearing your Flash cookies should do the trick if clearing your history doesn't help. Under windows you can find them at C:\Users\The name you use on your computer\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects (obiously you'll have to replace "The name you use on your computer" with the name you sing on to your computer. "AppData" is a hidden folder so you'll either temporarily have to turn those visible or just type the whole thing into your address bar of your file explorer (or the search field of your Start bar if you use Windows Vista/ Windows 7).

You can also use programs like the Ccleaner to let them be deleted for you if you don't want to go through the trouble of doing so yourself.

Was that explained understanable enough? mellow.png

• 5 months later...

That's always been googles goal. Remove all privacy, why else would they want your cell phone number. Everytime I log into my gmail account that's the first thing that pops up.

Archived