Sneeze Fetish Forum

2 a.m. Interlude

hiyou9

Woo! Here's the next little installment to the Maggie/Eli saga.

In this little snapshot, Maggie and Eli have been done with Eden Sank to Grief for about five months, and Maggie is about ready to fly to LA to start filming a movie. I didn't include any actor or actress names--feel free to fill those in yourself! Unfortunately, she comes down with the flu a few hours before she's scheduled to leave. Fluffiness and caretaking abound.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 a.m. Interlude

Maggie Valentine awoke with a gasp from a mean dream.

She sat up with a start and looked wildly around her bedroom—pushing loose strands of sweaty hair out of her face with shaky hands. She couldn’t remember exactly what the nightmare had been about—there had been tunnels and a man holding a knife and she’d been trying to find a way out but she kept getting turned around and....

There was a sudden catch in Maggie’s throat, which was unusually sore and dry. She coughed a dry and unproductive cough into her elbow. It didn’t help the soreness at all—if anything, it just made it worse.

A sudden tickle crept sneakily up Maggie’s nasal passages, and she sleepily tried to rub her nose into submission. She didn’t want to wake Eli, who was currently sleeping peacefully in the bed next to her.

The tickle abated momentarily, but it returned—stronger—seconds later. She gasped quietly, and tried to squelch the sneeze into silence, “Hh...ngshh! Nxt!”

Eli stirred next to her, and Maggie sighed guiltily. “Hey,” he mumbled sleepily, “What are you awake for?”

“Had a nightmare,” she said huskily, and then cleared her throat, “Woke me up.”

“You sound like you might be getting sick,” Eli commented, slightly more awake.

Maggie opened her mouth to talk, but started to cough hoarsely instead, “I can’t be getting sick,” she protested in-between coughs, “I fly to Los Angeles to start filming tomorrow! My plane leaves in less than seven hours, Eli.”

“Apparently, your immune system didn’t get the memo,” Eli said gently, rubbing her back.

Maggie sniffled and looked at Eli with a pout, “This sucks.”

Eli laid a cool hand on Maggie’s forehead, “You’re a little warm,” he murmured, “Let’s go to the kitchen. I’ll make you some tea and we can take your temperature.”

Maggie nodded her agreement, and slowly got out of bed. The moment her body left the warmth of the covers, she began to shiver. Eli walked quickly over to the dresser and grabbed a sweatshirt. He handed it to Maggie, who smiled gratefully and gave him a quick kiss, “You’re too sweet,” she whispered.

Eli shrugged, “You make it easy,” he said with a grin.

They wandered into the kitchen, Eli’s arm wrapped securely around Maggie’s waist the whole time. She sat down wearily at the kitchen table and buried her face in her hands. Eli busied himself making tea. They were quiet, until Maggie sniffed sharply and let out a quavering, “Hih...ishoo! Ishoo! H’ishoo!”

“Bless you,” Eli said as he brought the tea over to the table.

“Thadks,” Maggie sighed, “What kidd of tea is id?”

“Just plain tea with honey,” Eli answered, “I wanted to make Echinacea, but we’re out.”

Maggie shook her head, “This is fide,” she reassured him, and then took a sip, “It’s lovely, id fact.”

They sat in the peaceful dark kitchen—silent, with the exception of Maggie’s sniffles.

“Are you excited to start filming?”

Maggie smiled warily, “Sort of. I was really excited the first few weeks after I was cast, but thad’s sort of borphed idto terror,” she explained, before she let out a tremulous, “Aishoo! Ishoo! Ishoo! Ahh...hhh...ahh? AISHIOO!”

“Bless you!” Eli exclaimed.

Maggie waved the hand that wasn’t pressed to the underside of her nose impatiently as her eyes fluttered in anticipation of further sneezes, “Heh...eh...hhh...hetchiew! Hetchiew! Heh’etchiew! Oh, by God, Ihhhhh...hih...hi’ishoo! ISHOO!

Eli grabbed a handful of paper towels from the spool above the sink and handed them to Maggie. She blew her nose hard, and winced at the roughness on her already raw nose.

“We’re out of tissues,” Eli explained apologetically.

“It’s okay,” Maggie assured him, “Really.”

“I can run out and get you some cold supplies?”

“Would you bind?” Maggie asked sheepishly, already stuffy again, “That’s probably a good idea. I’ll wadt to be as drugged as possible on the plade toborow so by head doesd’t explode.”

Eli’s brow furrowed in concern, “Are you sure you’re ready to fly out in a few hours?”

Maggie coughed—a more congested one than when she had first woken up—and said, “I thidk so. Add eved if I wasn’t, that wouldn’t matter. I’b dot goigg to be that persod—the one who delays filbing before id’s eved officially started.”

“I’m sure they’d understand—,”

“Eli! I dod’t wadt to get a reputation for beigg a priba dodda, okay? This is my first ever bovie, and I cad’t take that chadce.”

“Maggie,” Eli said, laughing slightly, “No one will think you’re a prima donna because you got sick. People get sick. It happens.”

“I ab gettig od that plade in six hours, Eli, add nothigg you say­hhhhh...heh...hetchiew! Chiew! Is goigg to stop be.” Maggie said firmly.

Eli rolled his eyes, “At least take your temperature.”

Maggie sighed and went over to the medicine cabinet and pulled the thermometer out. She stuck it under her tongue and took it out at the beep. She scowled at the little numbers, “100.5.”

“You have a fever,” Eli pointed out.

“Hardly,” Maggie scoffed, “Id’s just a cold.”

“That could turn into something worse if you don’t let yourself rest and get better.”

“The show musd go od,” Maggie shrugged in an attempt to be blasé, before coughing her chesty cough.

“You sound awful.”

Maggie opened her mouth to retort but sneezed instead, “Hih...ishoo! Ishoo!”

“God bless you,” Eli said wryly.

Maggie sniffled and glared at Eli, as though his “bless you” and been a personal attack. “I’b fide,” she insisted.

“You sound ‘fide’,” Eli teased.

“That’s because I ab,” Maggie said stubbornly, “Heh...hehhhh,” her breath began to hitch in anticipation of more sneezes, but she stopped them in their tracks.

Eli smiled slightly, “Think you need to sneeze.”

“Dohhhhh...do dot,” Maggie said firmly.

Maggie’s watering eyes met Eli’s. They stared at each other for a long moment, before Maggie’s eyes fluttered. She sniffed sharply, then, “Heh...ehh...hhh...hetchiew! ‘Tchiew! Itchiew! Chiew!”

Eli was silent—he didn’t want Maggie to bite his head off. She sniffled moodily and murmured, “Bless me.”

“Bless you, indeed,” Eli agreed.

Maggie absently massaged her temples. “Headache?” Eli asked innocently.

Maggie looked ready to protest, but instead grudgingly admitted, “A bit.”

Eli raised his eyebrows, but said nothing. “I’ll be fide id the bordigg,” Maggie said, before she coughed into her elbow.

“We’ll see,” Eli said skeptically.

Maggie’s alarm went off at 6 am, but she slept through it—though, it did wake Eli. He reached over and shut it off, and then gently laid his hand across her forehead. She was, as he suspected, burning up.

Maggie opened her eyes and stared blearily at Eli. He took the thermometer off the bedside table and moved to stick it under her tongue, who sleepily complied and opened her mouth. When it beeped, Eli scrutinized the little numbers, “102.3,” he sighed.

Maggie shivered and burrowed deeper under the covers. “Still flying to LA?” Eli asked gently.

Maggie looked up at Eli, and he was startled to see that her eyes were full of tears, “Hey,” he said tenderly, “Don’t cry.”

Maggie sobbed, “They’re goigg to hate be, Eli.”

“No, they’re not,” Eli reassured you, “Stuff happens. People get sick. That’s life. If anyone does treat you mean, give me a call. I’ll tear them a new one.”

Maggie smiled weakly, “Thadks, Eli,” she whispered.

Eli pulled the covers more tightly around her and brushed some hair out of her eyes, “Get some sleep. I’ll call and let them know what’s going on, okay?”

Maggie nodded, and shut her eyes. Eli slipped quietly out of the room and dialed a number on his phone.

“Hey, it’s Eli. Yeah, no—there’s kind of a snag. Maggie’s caught a really nasty flu—yeah, the one that’s going around. She really doesn’t feel up to flying to LA today, and she’s really sorry. Thanks for being so understanding! I’ll keep you updated on how she feels.”

Eli hung up and wandered back into the bedroom. He slid into bed, picked up a book, and waited for Maggie to wake back up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived