Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ciuty80

here i post another story from my gorgeous friend mrshrek. enjoy all wink.png

Office

part1

When Hayley walked into her office this morning, she could tell there is something missing. Then she looked around with a quick glance, she noticed the light of the private office cube on the left corner of the room wasn’t on; the manager of their department hasn’t come in. Well, that’s unusual, Hayley thought, the energetic, a little bit over-talkative yet charming and young manager Jerry is later than she is. Hayley is a loner, well she heard some people call her that ; she doesn’t talk when she has to, she doesn’t go to the office small dinner parties after work, she’s all to herself. She doesn’t really know why she is like this, she just knows that she doesn’t like to talk, making relationship with people isn’t necessary; she only talks to people who she likes; maybe that’s why she doesn’t have as many friends as her friends do. The office room was empty, she was the only one. She put her bag on her desk, then started making coffee for herself, for the office. She likes to do things for others, somehow against her principal of not connecting with people she doesn’t like, and she kept it to herself; maybe she is shy? She doesn’t know. After the pot of coffee is finished making, she poured herself a cup, then carried her steaming mug of coffee to her seat, then started to get to work.

It was about thirty minutes later, when her co-workers came into the office. Then another; sometimes a group of three or four people. Most of her co-workers are female, so when they come in they are usually talking loudly or discussing about their girls’ night plans. Hayley worked on the assignments, glancing at the office door every time when someone walked in. Yet when the clock is pointing at 10:00 a.m., the official time of late is 9:30. And Jerry is still no where to be seen. Why am I thinking of him ? Hayley snapped back to reality, to her laptop screen, with a document she is finishing. What ever the thing is with the manager, it’s his business not hers. She has no right and no need to care about his business. Just concentrate, Hayley. Took a breath, she started typing on her document.

Hayley stretched her body, stifling a yawn. She is pleased with her accomplishment. It was only one hour after lunch time, and her work of the day is finished. She looked around the office, most of her coworkers are still buried with their work, and some of them started to have the annoyed “ man I’m not gonna finish this today” looks on their faces. Hayley printed out her finished work, gathered the printed papers from the printing machine. As she was about to turn around and head to put the papers to the manager’s office, someone patted her shoulder. She jolted, and turned around with a hint of hostile, it was Maggie, the manager from the department which the office is just next to theirs.

“ Oh, sorry about that Hayley. “ Apologizing, Maggie let out her gorgeous smile. Maggie is young and full of spirit, just like Jerry; they are good friends, and they are very close. Sometimes Hayley wondered if she wasn’t married, Maggie and Jerry would seem to make a perfect couple.

“ It’s okay. “ Hayley murmured, face down to the floor. She knows my name, without a nametag. She thought to herself.

“ Finished? “ Seeing the stack of papers in her hands, Maggie asked.

She simply nodded.

“ Wow, Jerry wasn’t kidding about you. He always tells me that he has a great employee who does excellent work, it must be you. “ Doesn’t seem to be leaving, Maggie carried on talking to Hayley.

Hayley could feel her cheeks flush with the joy of compliment, and glad that Maggie can’t see her face from her position.

“ No he was just…being nice. There are many people who are better than me. “ Unconsciously holding the papers tighter, Hayley spoke; the volume of her own voice sound weak, like the humming of the mosquito. Now she could feel her cheeks redden with a new layer of embarrassment.

“ Well, I’m pretty sure your department doesn’t have two Hayleys, or toe girls who has never wore skirts or dress to work. “

At this point Hayley can be sure her face is as red as tomato, or a strawberry, something like that.

“ I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you ! “ Seeing the other girl didn’t response to what she said, Maggie apologized for thinking the girl was mad.

“ No no ! It’s okay, I’m just……” Held her head up tried to reassure the beautiful manager standing before her that she was okay, Hayley stopped talking halfway. She’s not used to talk to superiors, or beautiful people like Maggie. She avoided eye contacts; her eye sights now focused on the carpeted floor.

“ Okay. Anyway I’m sorry if I offended you. I suppose you are aware of Jerry’s absence today? “

Hayley snapped her head to look at Maggie.

“ He’s not coming in in the afternoon? “

“ No, he called me not too long ago, said he’s sick and can’t come in today. And he asked me to ask YOU a favor, Hayley. “ Getting closer, Maggie’s expression turned a little serious; she was close enough that Hayley could smell her perfume, sweet and flowery.

“ A…a favor? “

“ Well, he told me that he has a half-way finished document that is important that needs to hand in Monday, but since he can’t come in today and he doesn’t know if he’ll get better tomorrow…” Maggie pulled out a keychain from her skirt pocket, “ he kind of needs you to finish it for him, just in case, and he says he will REALLY REALLY appreciate your help.”

Hayley could feel her head stop operating. Jerry, her boss, the manager of the department, technically the most talented people in the department is asking for her help ? Maybe it’s honor, or shocking, frightening that she is feeling, Hayley doesn’t know how to respond.

“ But I……” was all she could get out.

“ You don’t need to worry, just finish the rest of the document. I know you can. “ Taking the shocked girl’s hand, Maggie took her across the room all the way to Jerry office; Hayley can see everyone has stopped what they were doing and looked at them; Maggie opened the door with the keys she pulled out, and then gently shoved Hayley into the chair. Everything was happening so fast, Hayley thought, now she’s facing with a big black wooden desk with a yellow laptop.

“ I’ve viewed some of the documents you finished. It’s just like Jerry said, you are talented, and smart. You can do this. “ Turned on the laptop, Maggie took the finished papers from Hayley’s grasp, “ I’ll hand these in for you, if you need anything, just call line 2, I’ll be there.” Gave an encouraging pat on Hayley’s shoulder, Maggie let herself out and closed the office door. Hayley was left alone in the office. She took a look around, there’s not much stuff in the office. There are books on the bookshelf, some file folders and holders are piled neatly along the bookshelf and on the right side of the office desk. She turned and looked at the laptop’s screen, there’s only one office word file on the desk. She sat there, for she doesn’t know how long, thinking whether she should click the file open or not. What if she messed up? What if she screwed up this important file? She’s just an ordinary person….. But not wanting her boss to get in trouble if he couldn’t come back in time to finish it, she finally placed her nervous palm on the mouse, and clicked the file open.

“ Alright, I can do this……” Murmured herself a encouragement, Hayley began working on the file.

Maggie heard knocking on her office door.

“ Come in.” Her eyes still on Hayley’s finished documents, she said without looking up.

Came with the sound of the door creaking was Hayley’s small voice, with some papers in her hands, “ Um… could you take a look at this for me ?”

Maggie looked up, very surprised. “ You finished the document ? “

Looked innocent and emotionless as always, Hayley nodded.

“ It’s only been two hours! “ Maggie stood up, took the papers from Hayley’s arms. She skipped to the part where Jerry has left, and started reading carefully. Hayley stood there, nervous, fingers picking on her pants, waiting anxiously for a respond from the manager who is reading her freshly finished work. She is a bit amazed with herself though; it’s not that she is showing off, but the file Jerry half-finished was not as difficult and complicated as she thought it would be. She just had to remain calm, think carefully, use all the information she has, with some help from the books from the bookshelf, and then the file was finished. A few minutes later, Maggie looked up from the papers, looked into Hayley’s eyes.

“ It’s great.” The words came out, and Hayley couldn’t believe her ears. She just stood there, waiting for the next sentence or word to come.

“ IT’s great ! Very good! See? You are talented! Just like Jerry thought! You… you’re probably the second most talented person for your department! “ Maggie stood up, her face filled with excitement, Hayley doesn’t know why, she just know that Maggie likes her work. Very much.

“ Um…… if there’s nothing else than…” Hayley pointed to the door; she couldn’t wait to get out, the private office just gives her stress feelings.

“ Oh! Okay, sorry about that. Great job done Hayley! “

With that, Hayley left the office with a smile on her face.

Face buried in his soft pillow, Jerry moaned. He fumbled for some tissues; this is like the thousandth time since he woke up in the morning, that when he was just asleep for briefly some minutes that his nose is ramping out. As the itch in his nose came faster and more aggressive than he could get the tissue in time, he rushed his hand to cup around his mouth, “ Heh-eh-isshew-ah! “ Feeling the wetness in his palm, Jerry grabbed the tissue from the nightstand and wiped his hands clean. He sniffled, then went to a lying position. How could he get sick so sudden? He was still fine yesterday, and then this morning he woke up with a heavy head, and a runny nose. He thought he could handle it, but the tiredness and his nose wouldn’t let him. After the shower he took before he got dress, his nose couldn’t stop sneezing and producing mucus. Eventually he raised white flag to his sick body, and stayed home from work, he was already late anyway. Putting his knuckles under his ever-tickling nose, he wondered how could his nose can feel this itchy. He could feel his eyelids are starting to drop, but the next minute his phone rang.

“ Yeah? “ He managed to get out a word that doesn’t show his congestion; he doesn’t want to sound sick AND ridiculous.

“ Hey, it’s me Maggie. “

“ Oh hey! What’s up ?” He pressed his knuckles harder against his runny nose, hoping to suppress the itchiness.

“ I’m telling you, that Hayley girl you have, she is amazing ! I got her to finish that document like you asked me to, and…my gosh ! How could I have not notice earlier? “ Maggie’s excited nearly shouting voice came through the phone, aggravating Jerry’s already uncomfortable head.

“ Woah woah woah, slow down there Maggie. You said Hayley finished the document?” Sniffling discreetly, Jerry rubbed his tired sore eyes, due to because he haven’t had the amount of rest he needs.

“ Yeah, and she did a great job, no kidding. “

“ I told you she is great, right? “ Even though he hasn’t seen the finished work himself, he could picture satisfied face of Maggie right now. He chuckled at the end of his sentence, but it turned to a fit of wet coughing he didn’t expect. After the coughing stopped, he waited until his breath came together, “ Excuse be. “ Damn, his nose lost control when his throat was acting out.

“ That doesn’t sound good, do you need me to check up on you?”

“ Doe doe (no), it was just coughing, happeds when you’re sick. “ Taking the phone away from him, Jerry grabbed some tissues and blew his nose softly, he didn’t want to risk the chance of Maggie hearing him blowing his nose. It’s embarrassing; although he and Maggie has been friends since college, he still doesn’t want to show his weakness to her. When he was done, he put his phone back to his ear.

“ I just wanted to tell you that the document is finished, you go back to rest now. Sorry if I bothered you. “

“ It’s okay. It’s just… I wish Hayley could… I dod’t know…….” Great, now he’s starting to rabble about rubbish.

“ What? What?” The teasing voice of his friend came into his ears.

“ Doe dever bind.”

“ Okay, try to get some rest. Bye.” Knowing her friend is unwell, Maggie decided to keep the tease until he is feeling better.

Hung up the phone, Jerry wiped his runny nose with the used tissue. Hayley is quiet, barely talks, yet her performance of her work is stunning, the best of the department, without a doubt. She always wears shirts and trousers to work, covering up her body. She is rather small, comparing to other females in the office. One thing makes him notice her is that she actually cares about people, although she doesn’t show it. After a few months of observation, he found out that when the coffee machine is empty, she’s always the one to make another round of coffee. Other people would wait for someone to make it, and it was always Hayley. He was sure because sometimes after she made the coffee, she didn’t pour herself a cup. She would go back to her seat, and just sit there quietly. Sometimes she would let out a small smile, so small that he almost missed it, when she heard appreciated talks about the coffee. He wants to know more about her. For some reasons, this girl is getting his attention, more and more as the time goes by.

Uh…huh……Not again ! He growled as his nose start to twitch out of control, breath to hitch uncontrollably as well. Struggling to sit up, he used his elbow to support himself, prepared himself for the repeated scenario, “ Uh-issha! Issha! Issh! Huh..uh..huhishooah! “ Waited a few seconds to make sure he was done, he laid back onto his bed, too tired to care about the wetness poured out from his nose after its wild display. He doesn’t care how dirty his pillow is going to get, he just wants to---” Ah-isshew!” sleep. Looks like it will take some time to do that. Wiped his nose with his palm, Jerry closed his eyes, and let himself fall into darkness.

When Jerry opened his eyes again, he could tell from the dim orange and yellow sunlight on his white ceiling, that it was nightfall. He blinked his still tired eyes a few times, try to sober himself, only to realize that his head is pounding. Not only it’s hurting, but also pounding. It feels like his head is glued with cement. He sat up, the motion caused his nose to leak suddenly. Hastily grabbing several tissues, he blew his nose strong and several times this time. Nothing. There’s no loosen feeling form his nose, if there’s anything he thinks his nose is clogged up more than he blew it. He inhaled heavily, then let out a huge sign. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt this sick. Well he can, back when he was in college, and when Maggie was his housemate. He was the genius in the class, and like most genius, not many people understood him, or liked him. He wanted to make friends, he likes to be around with many people, he just didn’t know how. Until he met Maggie. She changed him; he started to become more outgoing, more lively. They were very close friends, and still are. They took care of each other. He remembered when Maggie would call him to walk her home after work because she was afraid to walk on the streets alone after midnight; he remembered when he was sick after every finals she would always be there to take care of him. She would even stay home from work just to make sure he didn’t get any worse. For a moment he thought he and Maggie had something chemical between them, until Maggie introduced Mike, her boyfriend, her present husband. He was heartbroken for a while, but then he realized he wasn’t really in love with Maggie, he was just, relying on her, to be there with him, until his next progress, or until they graduate from college. He gave Maggie his best wishes, he was even her best man at her wedding. He didn’t think they would see each other again after they graduate, but there they are, working in the same company, with offices right next to each other. He admit sometimes he missed the times when they were in college, when they were relying-on-each other-housemates, but every time he sees her wedding ring, he would always tell himself to let go. He tried not to show his weakness to other people, not only because he is young comparing to other supervisors and he has a staff to manage, it’s because he hasn’t let anyone else seen it besides Maggie. Not even his parents. Being away from home, in another city, he was alone. Managing a department was hard for him, until he learned that Maggie was in the same building right next to him, until he noticed Hayley. Her amazing performance at her work, made his dull and managing work more interesting. There he is again! Why is he frequently thinking of her today? It must be the fever, he told himself. Wait, he didn’t have a fever before he fell asleep. Slowing landing his feet on the soft carpeted floor, Jerry tottered his way to the bathroom. Turned on the bathroom light, Jerry saw his reflection in the mirror. He looked horrible, comparing to his usual appearance. His cheeks are flushed red, so is his nose; there’s even moisture forming a water drop at his nose tip. Lips are dried and crumpled, skin around his nostrils is raw and red as well, and his face is a sweaty mess. The normally bright and lively brown eyes are bloodshot, his light-brown hair tousled in every direction due to frequent tossing and turning in bed.

“ Damb……” He grumbled, turned on the faucet, cupped some cool water to face his face. It made him shuddered a little when his hands touched his cheeks; even through the cool water he could feel the heat coming from his face. Turned off the water, he took a towel to dry his face. He immediately regretted for the force he used because when he was only halfway done, his nose announced itself again; he could feel the itchness start to take over, started to sniffle uncontrollably.

“ Shit……” Cupped both hands around his nose and mouth, the sneezes took control of him almost immediately, “ Ah-issshh! Heh-isshhaa! Ah—kshhii! Huh—uh… *sniff *uhu-ushhiaah! “ Feeling the wetness damp the towel, Jerry prepared himself for some more as his breath didn’t stop itching, “ Heh heh-huh-isshh! Ah-isshhiew! Tttsshaa! “ Pulled his itchy nose away from the towel, Jerry striped off some toilet paper and blew his nose. Wet, congested blowing sounds filled the bathroom with echo. When he was done blowing, his chest took over without a warning. Wet sounding soughs exploded out form him; he coughed so hard it made him bent down. One hand holding on to the sink, Jerry waited his body to catch a breath. After a while, it seemed like forever, he finally stopped. He could feel his eyes watering due the force of the coughing fit. Supporting on the sink, he slowly stood up. He felt weak, tired, and sick. He felt so sick that he’s starting to panic. He shook his head, try to shake the panic out of his mind, but it only made the headache worse. Putting his knuckle under his leaking-again itchy nose, he remembered he didn’t have any medicine left in his apartment. He needs some help. Although he will feel bad about it, but he really needs help. Tottered back to his bed, he slumped onto the edge of the bed, picked up his cellphone, started texting.

Cellphone in her hand, Hayley walked as fast as she could, trying not to cause attention, to Maggie’s office door. She knocked three times on the door. Even though it was only seconds after she heard answering from the other side of the door, it seemed like forever to her.

“ Come in.”

Thank god she hasn’t left. Hayley rushed in, then closed the office door behind her. The sound of door slamming was loud that it startled both herself and Maggie.

“ I’m sorry! “ Nervous, Hayley apologized hastily, and carried on her sentence, “ I…I believe this text is meant…for you?” She held out her cellphone to Maggie’s face.

“ For me ?” Stood up from her chair to take a good look at Hayley’s cellphone screen, Maggie read the text, it said:

“ Head hurts. Throat hurts. Nose hurts. Help me Mag. “

Seeing the manager has no response, Hayley spoke in a almost inaudible voice : “ It says Mag at the end, so I thought it would be you……”

Take a look at the sender’s number, Maggie confirmed that it is Jerry’s cellphone number. “ How did you get his cellphone number ?”

“ He gave it to the staff, said it was for emergency……” Flinched like a child got caught on doing something bad, Hayley lowered her head.

“ Oh, okay.” Sitting back down, Maggie began to analyze what the text could have meant, “ He’s sick so… he needs medicine? Yeah I think that’s it. “

“ That’s all he needs? It seems like it’s serious. “ Or he’s in pain. Hayley kept that to herself, because she know sometimes she worries too much.

“ Nah, nah, I think he’s alright, just feeling really sick. But how on earth did he send the text to you ? “

“ Maybe he selected the wrong contact when he was going to send it …? “ Hayley’s fingers knuckled nervously behind her back.

“ Yeah, that’s possible……” Thinking, Maggie took a look of the time. She could get off work in the next three minutes, so she could drop by Jerry’s apartment. No wait, she had a appointment with Mike this evening, she has to be home on time, she knows how Mike hates when people turn down appointments at the last minute, but she couldn’t just leave Jerry in his apartment all alone and sick…… Then she lift her head up, Hayley was still standing in front of her desk. Staring at the shy girl, Maggie could feel the light bulb in her head light up.

“ Hayley, do you think you can do a favor for me? “ This girl could be her hope.

“ A favor?” Hayley’s eyes widened; the way the gorgeous manager looked at her, feels like a big favor to do.

“ I have an important appointment to make, so do you think you could go to Jerry’s place to check up on him for me ?”

Hayley could feel her eyes widened as if they’re about to fall out. Although she knew that gawking at the superior is rude, but she couldn’t move; she just stood there, with a blank mind. She didn’t what to say, to answer.

“ Well, you just need to get these things and give it to him. “ Maggie tore off a piece of paper from her notebook, then started writing. “ I’m sorry, but I really have to leave on time. “ Quickly listed the things and materials she used to take of Jerry back in the college days, she gave the piece of paper to Hayley and grabbed her bag. “ The life of Jerry depends on you now. “ Grabbing the door knob, Maggie tried to make a joke to loosen the shy girl’s tension, but it didn’t seem to working. “ Relax.” She smiled at the girl, okay that didn’t work either, but she had to leave. Leaving the girl still shocked in her original position, Maggie walked out of her own office. Holding the paper in hand, Hayley starred blankly at the now shut office door. What is she going to do? Was Maggie really expecting her to go to Jerry’s apartment? Is she out of her mind? She can’t go ! She can’t do this! I can’t do this…… Screaming in side her head, echoing throughout her entire body, Hayley wants to go straight home, she wants to throw that piece of paper into the trashcan, pretend that didn’t happen. Took out her cell phone, the text Jerry accidently sent to her was still on the screen. Help. It was that word that Hayley couldn’t resist. Maybe he really needs some help. Groaned at herself for being a too soft person, Hayley stormed out Maggie’s office, reluctantly planning the route to the nearest pharmacy, then to Jerry’s apartment, which the address Maggie wrote on the piece of paper in her hands.

Poor Jerry. This is amazing. I really enjoyed this story and would like to know what happens next. Please keep writing :)

Wow, this is awesome! I can't wait to see what happens next! Update soon!

BYE! :bleh:

• 1 month later...

she (mrshrek) is writing again^^ enjoy

part2

Wrapped in his grey blanket, Jerry blinked his heavy, sore eyelids. He tried to keep himself warm in his grey wool blanket; he managed to keep his long body inside the blanket, only letting his head out so he could see the TV screen. After some restless naps, he took his blanket and dragged himself to the living room and buried himself onto the couch, he thought maybe the help of some TV shows could do him some good for trying to get some sleep. Lying on his couch, Jerry tried to focus himself on the dull drama show that is playing. It has been hours since he sent that text, and Maggie didn’t text back. He fell asleep somehow after he texted that message, he wondered if Maggie got his text? He grabbed his cell phone off the coffee table not far from his sofa. As he check his sending record, he could his heart skip a beat.

“ Shit……” He groaned out loud when he saw who he sent the text to. Hayley ! How could he make a mistake like that ? What’s Hayley going to think when she sees the text ? God his head hurts when so many thoughts popped up in his head at once. He massaged his forehead with his fingers, his head still hurts. He suppose his cold-caused headache won’t go away by some massaging. Signed, Jerry didn’t know to do. What if Hayley thinks he’s in trouble? What will she do? Is she going to come? He’s got to stop. He’s letting himself going into a hysterical situation. He tried to think of something else, something that will get his mind off thinking. He pressed his palm against his eyes; the cool touch of his fingers feels like heaven right now to his fever-flushed skin. He breathed heavily through his dry chapped lips, nose still not recovered from the stuffiness. The room is now quiet, so quiet that he can hear his heart beats, his labored breathing, and then sound of something tapping on the window. Listening carefully, he learned that it is raining outside. When did it start raining, he doesn’t know. It must be a drizzle, because the sound of the raindrops falling on his windows isn’t strong and disturbing, in fact it comes in rhythms. Da…da…da… his eyes getting heavier as he counted the raindrops while listening to the tapping of dancing raindrops. With the bliss of the raindrops, Jerry was drifted to sleep, with only remembering thirty-one was the number of how many raindrops he had counted.

Standing on the building’s doorstep, Hayley stood, very still in the rain, with a plastic bag filled with the supplies she bought for Jerry in one hand, and the other still hesitating whether to open the buildings door or not. She is nervous; she is about to go into a man’s apartment, and that man is her boss, a person she barely knew. She wants to ran away; even though she is already just a few steps away from that man’s apartment. But the weight of the plastic bag in her hand reminded her, it was herself that made the decision to help Jerry, or in other words, help Maggie to check on Jerry. Besides, she is not going to run away again. She’s not the old Hayley anymore. Brushing away the raindrops falling on her eyebrows, Hayley pushed open the building door. Took a look of the paper Maggie gave her earlier which is now drenched by rain, Hayley managed to find the door of Jerry’s apartment. Stood alone in the hallway, water dripping from her drenched hair, Hayley took a breath in, and pressed the doorbell.

Awoke to the sound of the constant doorbell ringing, Jerry opened his heavy eyes reluctantly. He blinked his eyes several times, try to clear his head a bit, then swayed his long legs onto the floor. He could feel his body shiver instantly as the grey blanket dropped from his body while getting up. Dragging his legs to the door, he groaned as a regret of not bringing the blanket along with him; leaning his head on his door, too tired to look out from the peep hole, he mumbled a raspy, nearly moaning : “ Who is it ? “

“ It’s Hayley. Um… from the office.”

To his surprise, someone answered. And that someone wasn’t someone he was expecting. His mind cleared up when he heard the name “Hayley” .

“ Hayley? “ He unlocked his door and opened it, and there stood the rather petite female, hair and clothes drenched, and a plastic bag in her hands. “ What…what are you doing here ?” He managed to pushed the words out from his aching throat, then was compelled to erupted into a wet coughing fit.

Still standing in the same position, Hayley took a quick glance at the sick manager standing in front of her; the usual charming spirited guy is death-looking pale, his cheeks looking dangerously red on his pale skin, eyes glassy and droopy.

“ Well, you sent the text to me and……Maggie couldn’t come, she has an appointment to make, so she asked me if I can come over……” Hayley transferred her sights down to the floor; she couldn’t finish the sentence, ‘to check up on you’, she just couldn’t say it.

“ Um, okay, just…come in, come in first . You’re all wet. “ Taking the drenched girl into his house, he led Hayley to the living room. “ You take a seat, “ pushing his blanket away to the other side of the couch to clear a space, Jerry swiped his wrist to his nose subconsciously, “ I’ll go get a towel for you.”

Sitting stiffly on the couch, Hayley took a look of her surroundings. The living room is wide and clean, simple furnitures, just like his image, simple. He is easy to understand, not like the other complicated superiors in the company. She heard movements from the bedroom, rustling footsteps on the carpet floor, and a distant “ Hehissh! “ sound from the bedroom too. She figured it was a sneeze a few seconds later. Few more seconds later, she saw Jerry walking back into the living room with a white towel in one hand the other hand with tissues covering his nose. Didn’t know what to do in this type situation, Hayley just kept her head down, watching her drenched hair bangs drip water drop and fall onto her already drenched pants. She could feel Jerry approaching, sat down next to her, and put the towel gently on her head. Hayley could feel her heart almost skip a beat; it’s not very common for her to have this kind of close interaction with a guy. Before she could react and do anything, Jerry started wiping her dry with the towel, with thick, wet sniffles in between.

“ How did you get this wet ?” While drying the girl’s hair, Jerry couldn’t help but kept sniffling, trying to sniff the liquid back to his nose, since the tissue are no longer useable.

“ It was raining…I can do this myself. “ Feeling somewhat ashamed and embarrassed, Hayley stood up, stepped away from the couch, her head still looked down.

Looking shocked and surprised, Jerry murmured a ‘sorry’ before lumping onto the couch. He frowned as he sat down; it seems like his headache has gotten worse, and his chest feels like there’s a metal pressing on it, making him hard to breathe. Seeing the manager’s ill-painted face, Hayley remembered the reason she came here in the first place. Wrapped her hair in the towel, Hayley sat down on the couch again, this time closer to Jerry, then she reached her hand into the plastic bad she brought with her, fished out a brand new thermometer. Steadied herself, Hayley looked straight into Jerry’s glassy fevered eyes, “ I need to take your temperature. “ She could hear herself exhaled loudly after she said it; it’s the first time she ever said this kind of words to a guy, a charming guy. Looking a bit puzzled, Jerry blinked his eyes at this petite yet mysterious woman in front of him and chuckled; it feels kind of weird since it was the first time she talked to him initiatively, but she was about to take her temperature.

“ Umb…I thingk you would probably wand to change your wet clothes--- “

Before he could finish his sentence, Hayley has already opened the package and shuffled the thermometer into his mouth.

“ I think I can do that later… and don’t move. “ Feeling her cheeks blush, Hayley took the plastic bag and headed for the kitchen, leaving a stunned sick man on the couch.

tbc...

Aw! This so cute! More soon I hope!

BYE! :bleh:

• 3 weeks later...

i got a new update today so here it is ;) enjoy ^_^

part3

Thermometer in mouth, Jerry sat still on his couch, watched Hayley’s back as she went into the kitchen, started taking things out from the plastic bag. He saw packets of cold medicines, a bottle of cough syrup, aspirin maybe, he couldn’t really read the label since he is all the way from the couch; after setting those things onto the kitchen table, she then took out some soup cans. Both of them were startled by the sound of the digital thermometer’ beeping; Hayley got too concentrated on what she was doing , Jerry on the other hand, was too concentrated on looking at Hayley. Turned around, Hayley walked over back to the sick manager, gently pulled the thermometer out from the patient’s mouth.

“ 100 degrees, “ Hayley said as he read the digits out loud to Jerry, “ are you cold ? Or are you…?”

Starring at the female face in front of his eyes, Jerry couldn’t help but kept his eyes focused on her; she has the color of blue-ish green eyes, which comes along with long eye lashes; it might be the headache, because he thinks he saw humongous amount of concern coming out from those big, bright eyes.

“ Jerry?”

Another call of his name shook him out of his own thoughts. “ Huh?”

“ Do you…feel cold or anything?” Put the thermometer onto the coffee table, Hayley asked.

Taking a moment to feel, Jerry noticed his body was still shivering, he answered, “ A little bit. “ Hayley looked around, then spotted the grey blanket on the couch. She picked it up, the draped it over Jerry’s shivering body. To Jerry’s surprise, Hayley put her delicate hands onto his cheeks, “ You have a fever…your throat hurts ?”

Feeling his heart rate speed up but don’t know why, Jerry nodded, trying not to look at Hayley, afraid that she’ll notice. He saw a determined, and almost confident look appeared across Hayley face, but only for a brief moment as she stood up, “ Do you want water or tea? “ she said as she walked back to kitchen again.

“Umb, just water for me now, thangks. “ Wrapped himself in the blanket, Jerry watched as Hayley dug out his kettle from his sink filled with dirty dishes from last night, swiftly washed it clean and pour some clean water in it, then put it on the stove to boil some hot water. After that, she started…washing the dishes. By this moment Jerry felt his cheeks flowed with hotness and embarrassment; even though he’s sick, he couldn’t let his co-worker, especially a girl he barely knew, to do his dirty dishes ! The inside of him is pushing him to get up; this isn’t right, it’s inappropriate! He could feel he was screaming inside his head. One hand tried to support his weight to sit up, he called out, which turned out to be a raspy voice,

“ Hayley, I---Isshoo !” A sudden tickle took over his nose by surprise; and thanks to the force of the sneeze, he fell back to the couch.

Hearing something thumping, Hayley turned off the faucet and looked over to the couch, “ Yes?”

Embarrassed, Jerry cover his leaking nose with his hand, “ The dishes, you dod’t have to wash them……. I’ll clean them later.”

Starred at the sick man for a moment, Hayley continued on what she was doing, “ It’s okay, it’s nothing. “

“ But---“

“ It’s okay. ” Putting the last cleaned plate away, Hayley said in a determined tone. Didn’t know what to response, Jerry laid back down, hand still covering his nose. He reached for the tissue box he put on the floor by the couch, but groaned as he reached his fingers in the box; it was empty. Hearing the sound of groan, Hayley could feel her lips curled upward into a smile, turned to the boiling kettle, grabbed the handle and poured the hot water into a black mug, and then poured some cold water to cool the water down a bit. Holding the mug, Hayley pulled a new box of tissue she bought on the way, walked back to Jerry’s side. Handed the man the steaming mug, she opened the new box of tissue, pulled out several tissues and gently put them into his hands. Jerry immediately put the tissues to his leaking nose, turned his head away from Hayley to blow .

“ Thanks. “ After a few harsh blow, Jerry thanked his companion, took a sip of the water. The warmth felt like heaven right now to his sore, raw throat. Hayley nodded, a sheepish look on her face. While drinking the hot water, Jerry noticed that the girl was still in her wet clothes. He put the mug on the coffee table, “ You should change into some dry clothes, you dod’t wadt to get sigk too. “ With a stuffy sigh at the end, Jerry stood up, started to walk toward to his bedroom. On the half way there, he looked back, and saw Hayley was still sitting on the couch.

“ Well, are you coming ? “ He tried to make his voice not sound so hoarse and scratchy; that would just make him sound more ridiculous and pathetic. Hayley stood up right away, rushed to his side. Ugh, did I sound like I was mad ? Jerry groaned inside when he saw Hayley’s face; her face has a timid look on it. Led the petite girl into his bedroom, Jerry pulled out a black shirt and sweat shorts.

“ These are my old clothes, hope you don’t mind, the size should be smaller than what I wear now. “ Handed the dry clothing to the girl, he took her to his bathroom, “ You can get changed here.”

Then he shut the bathroom door, giving the girl some privacy to remove her wet clothes. As he waited for Hayley outside the bathroom door, he remembered it has been a long time since there’s someone else besides him in his apartment. Leaning slightly on the door for support, Jerry continued to sniffle, although theirs is no sign of stopping his cold-infected nose to produce unknown amount of mucus. A few moments later, he could feel a light push of the door he was leaning on, he then realized that there was someone in his bathroom. Walked away from the door so that Hayley finally came out from the bathroom; she had her wet clothing in her hands, took the wet clothes from Hayley, then throw them into his dryer. He turned and took a good look at Hayely; his old shirt was draping her small frame, his sweatshorts looking incredibly loose and huge on her, Hayley looked like a kid who received oversized clothing as presents from a distant relative who didn’t know what size of clothes she wore. Jerry couldn’t help but chuckled at the sight, and in exchange he got another hard coughing fit. With a concerned look, Hayley approached to the sick manager, gently placed her hand on his shoulder, “ You shouldn’t laugh right now, try to calm down.”

Tried to talk between coughs and the urge to laugh again, Jerry managed to speak in fragments, “ I’mb sorry… it’s just you look so sball in those clothes……” then he carried on coughing for a little while. Cheeks felt hot and pink immediately, Hayley grabbed Jerry’s warm wrist, didn’t say anything and pulled him all the way to the couch. Feeling a bit dazed, Jerry just stood there, with his wrist still in Hayley’s grasp. Gently pushed the patient down onto the couch, Hayley then sat down next to him, put the mug of water into his hands. Why is she silent all of the sudden? Took some sips of the water, Jerry cleared his sore throat, trying to break the silence.

“ I’m not mad.”

Hayley spoke before he had the chance. Head looking on the floor, she continued, “ I was just… embarrassed. “

“ Oh.”

“ It’s okay, it’s just that……” Hayley silenced for a moment, clinching her hands, then continued, “ it’s not common for me to take care of a person I don’t really know, especially when he’s my superior……” her voice trailed off into a whisper towards the end.

Well, that’s why she acts like she’s uncomfortable sometimes. Thought to himself, Jerry looked at the girl in front of him. For some reasons he saw the reflection of himself in her, back when he was still having obstacles of building relationships with people. He knows how hard it is, he wants to help the girl; he can see the desire in her eyes, the desire to talk to him more freely, the desire to interact without feeling awkward or embarrassed. He wants to help her. He put the mug down, put up a bright smile, reached out his hand and turned to Hayley, “ We can make a new start. Hi, my name is Jerry.” In his expectation, Hayley looked up with a confused look. “ I was trying…you know, to make a new start, to be friends? “

Looking the sick man with disbelief, Is he crazy? Or his fever’s too high that made him delusional ? She couldn’t help but think; the last time a man trying to be nice with her didn’t end up well, so she’s not sure she could trust this man or not . But she could see the sincerity in his eyes, those bleary big light blue eyes, it is something she didn’t see from the man last time. Made the decision, she reached out her own hand, grabbed Jerrys.

“ I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name ? “ Shook their holding hands, Jerry carried on the conversation. Smiled at the humor the man was trying to make, Hayley played along, “ I’m Hayley, it’s a pleasure to meet you. “

“ It’s a pleasure to meet you too---huhissh! “ Pulled his hands back in time to cover his mouth, Jerry turned to his side and sneezed violently. Feeling his sinuses still ticking, he prepared himself for some more, “ Ah-isshew! Heheshh! Et-chh! “ Wetness damped his hands entirely. He grabbed several tissues form the box, wiped his hands clean and wiped the mess around his nostrils his nose has made. “ I’mb so sorry,” he apologized, “ it happed so fast. “

“ It’s okay. “ Hayley said, her soft voice sound like a comfort for Jerry. “ You should try and get some rest now.”

“ Is that a suggestion ?” Gave his nose a light blow, Jerry rubbed his nose’s point slightly, to make sure his nose wouldn’t be triggered easily. It’s probably the fever’s doing, because for a moment, under the light shining in the dimness of the dark from the outside the sky has made, Hayley seemed like she has a glow around her……which seemed strangely beautiful to his eyes.

“ It is, but…” Watched the ill man as he rubbed his red nose and blinked his bleary tired eyes, Hayley could feel some part of her heart ach for the guy, he definitely looks and feels miserable. “ I would boldly make this suggestion into an action.” How did she even say things like that? She could feel herself blushing as she gently pressed her hands on Jerry’s shoulder, then pushed the man down until his back is kissing the face of the couch.

Both starred into each other’s eyes in confuse, they maintained in that position until Hayley was the first one to pull away. “I’m sorry ! “ Rose quickly, she ducked her head down again, too embarrassed to see Jerry’s face.

“Umb… it’s okay. “ I guess ? Kept that to himself, Jerry laid down on the couch, enjoying the comfort coming from the touch of the couch.

“ But seriously, get some rest, okay ?” Peered through her eyes, Hayley spread the blanket over Jerry.

Feeling the warmth from the blanket, from Hayley’s actions, Jerry closed his eyes.

tbc...;)

Archived