Sneeze Fetish Forum

Resource-Based Economy

shishio

The Venus Project advocates an alternative vision for a sustainable new world civilization unlike any socio-economic system that has gone before. It calls for a straightforward redesign of a culture, in which the age-old inadequacies of war, poverty, hunger, debt, and unnecessary human suffering are viewed not only as avoidable, but totally unacceptable. Check this link out!!!!

Well, I'll say this: I rather like this Jacque Fresco guy.

It's a beautiful dream. Maybe one day...

I've seen this man before. He's got a great vision and I truly hope that one day it will become a reality.

I doubt gravely whether it's possible to "redesign a culture". Things are the way we are because there are people with power who want to keep it. This man is making the mistake that every visionary in history has made: the mistake of thinking that all the people in the world ultimately want the same thing. They just don't. And unless you have a way to make people see things your way of their own free will, they're not going to agree with you. People want power, luxury, and top level status, and the ones who want those things the most are never going to not want them.

He's right about war, though. War is completely idiotic and pointless and inefficient, ALWAYS. But the question "if the profit were taken out of wars, do you really think we would have them?" is a moot point, because wars have always been for profit. Land, goods, treasures and power were the profits of war before the worldwide firearm industry was born.

I haven't got time to watch the whole thing, but I'll watch it soon, and I'm looking forward to the discussion in this thread.

Archived