Sneeze Fetish Forum

Garnet's Drabbles - Updated 09/27/2015 - (Various Fandoms)

Garnet

So here I am commenting immediately after bangbang with an oh so articulate, "Umm...what she said." :)

I am still catching up on my Bond films (small children hamper movie viewing), so I don't know these characters, but your descriptions have me completely intrigued. Again your language and vocabulary are excellent and your expert use of said language and vocabulary make everything I read from you a complete delight.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg woowowoow! :dribble: Duuuuuuude! I am so happy to be reaping the benefits of the Mads kick you're on because dayuuuumm what a drabble! I'm not familiar with this character but that hardly ever seems to matter with your writing, which is immediately accessible and immersive always. I fell in love with Valenka's POV p much immediately -- you have such a knack for writing self-possessed female characters who get involved with dangerous men but are all like "excuse me this is MY choice and I'm perfectly happy with it thanks for asking." It strikes this wonderful balance between "ooo danger" and "YAS QUEEN!" that I just love love love!

These lines were my fave, because there's always at least a few that leave me like floored with their perfection:

She couldn't, not quite, but upon slivering another glance from beneath the weight of her mascara, she smiled to find his expression less raptor-keen, more hazy.

As the bartender clicked another martini deferentially before her, Valenka plucked it up and stirred herself to a stand.

She was not the least bit ashamed, nor did she mislike showing off the smooth architecture of her own shoulder and tight waist. Fuck 'em.

AHHH YESS!!!!

And, of course, Le Chiffre's stifled, begrudged sneezes were no small treat in their own. I found the way they upset his bad eye to be particularly, uhh... evocative, like this bit:

his good eye bleary with tears and his bad one streaming a steady, gruesome trickle of red down the inside arch of one cheekbone.

had me going 'woah... um WOAH... UMMMM!... :stun: " Brutal. :)

The final exchanges too, with Valenka's caretaking that she tailors for Le Chiffre's particular needs, is just a pleasure to read and leaves me with this warm feeling of "ok she's taking care of him now everything's alright in the world" which is a pretty odd thing to feel about an obviously notorious villain-type character. Welp, it's too late to apologize, right?

Anyway, yes, LOVED THIS. (And though I am late to the party on this one, the Legolas/Gimli one above gave me all kinds gooey, sad/happy feels as well! :wubsmiley: :wubsmiley: )

i don't honestly know who these characters are but that was still extremely good to read. i love how completely intense your writing is. damn. <3

I thought it might be fun to follow up all the nooo nooooo no-no-no-n-nonononononononono <333 with something slightly less cryptic.

...But know I’m just totally still chanting that in my head. :x

If you want to picture Peter Lorre, however, I am totally not going to stop you.

Uhhh, actually I am pretty much ONLY able to picture the 6th pic from your HELLOGOODMORNING-wakey-wakey-with-Mads photoset right now. Aaaand maybe the 4th one. Oh god and now the 3rd. Since when did I even like that?! Since I saw Mads doing it:D:yay:

Sooo you can tell the kind of start this got off to! And it only gets worse (in the best way possible) from here. :lol:

Firstly I did want to tell you I truly truly loved your opening, very sharp and clever (just like Le Chiffre!), straight away I know what works/is good within the partnership (while still seeing all the glorious dark), and why I’m invested in her keeping him.

because he let her take the reins and turn that cruelty back on him to the satisfying crack of her hand across his face.

This totally unexpected little detail was such a delightful insight into their dynamic! For some reason I felt infinitely more intrigued by Le Chiffre knowing he allows her to do this (and probably enjoys it!) And the throwback to the ‘tell’ is just delicious in this context! As is finding out that he endeavours to keep up a level of subtlety whilst struggling through the beginnings of this whole… inconvenience. :q

Further and further down the rabbit hole, I am ever floored by the visual of this cruel and awful man (gruesome eye scar hnnnnnope NOPE :3) having restrained himself thus far, and then the door of the hotel room closes and he’s an immediate mess of urgent and desperate and catching-this-with-both-hands-one-hand-CLOSEDOOR-ness.

And you’ve caught me out AGAIN with the image of Le Chiffre half-supporting himself over the sink, UGH this is one of my very favourite ‘peeking in and seeing someone in a vulnerable state’ moments, I almost couldn’t believe I was reading it!

"A new nose, maybe." His was flushed a bright and weepy pink, trailing a weak glisten onto his upper lip.

"Mm, that might take me a few days to assemble the appropriate contacts,"

I appreciate her tact in knowing how to cut corners on his malice too. And, engineered or no, you can bet I’m getting SO goopy over this ever-so-slightly-fond-and-amusing exchange… like a tiny window into the softer (and much rarer) moments of their intimacy. So so beautiful, I smile even just rereading it!! ;_;

Always with the lurking sense of not deserving it, despite having earned it with more blood, sweat, and venom.

I am NEVER going to have had my fill of the word venom, and you wield it with such precision, I am drooling over this whole idea and tantalising sentence, which is just so relatable in a really abstract form.

"What's all this about?"

One of my new odd favourite phrases thanks to you! It just lingers in my mind as something incredibly sweet and touching. I honestly can’t explain it further than that, I just find it completely gorgeous!

And then him holding still…

And then her mopping him up…

And then her holding the tissue and he just goes with it…

And then him genuinely not knowing why this all started and… saying just that…

And then… Le Chiffre relented with a sigh, weak and bloody from his own efforts, nose dripping

:schmoll:

SUCH a killer (to my horribly unraveled heart) last two lines too, I love him, I love him (but I love her even more!!)

Thankuu so much for this, it is all the nononono and all the I needings it and aaall the yes. Best, best best. :heart:

I could not stop thinking about this today

"I'm not sure. It was very sudden. Fine one moment, and the-- hh! HH!" She folded the bloodstained tissues over into the cleanest spot she could, before pinching them fast to his nose. He shuddered into her without restraint. "HIZSSHH-ue!"

I had to come back and read it again for this part alone.

Hi there!

O, how I have missed your comments!

Ido tend to fade in and out. :shy: The trouble with your writing, is, I always think 'this deserves a proper response' then waste time waiting to have the time and energy to write one. (and then lose about 2 versions because autosignout and I should know better by now, but that's beside the point).

Anyhoo...

Yes, Legolas and Gimli Tavern Times!

The idea that dwarf beer makes Legolas all sneezy is the Most Adorable thing.

I like the phrasing of it making his nose "sting with a low-grade annoyance". And his drunk(ish)-sneeze sounds are very pleasant reading indeed.

You write interactions between these two with so much cuteness, though. ("cuddlesome" what)

I love how comfortable in each other's personal space they are to, and how uncaring of watching eyes. (especially Gimli. I can't help feeling he'd have been a little slower than Leggles to be comfortable with PDA).

Gimli took no small amount of pleasure in seeing his friend's reins go slack, in the damp and inelegant spray that loosed into the air.

Uhbuhbuhnuh.

Nuh.

That shanty was both beautifully apt and horribly unfair to my poor heart.

sneezish companion

Okay, I giggled a little.

the Elf had always seemed in his mind's eye to be a strange thing, a pale spider crouched in its bower and dormant in its frosty centuries

This and the following Bard/Thranduil discussion kept bringing my mind back to that part in your other fic (was it Vigil? I think so maybe), where Thranduil talks about time slowing down for him when he has someone/something that makes the more leisurely experience worth it, and his just letting the world pass him by when it contains less things of interest. I feel like this is exactly how he would appear during one of his... unattached periods, and that image tied to the implications of Legolas' own immortal nature made my heart ache a lot. That, and "frosty centuries" made my head into a nicer place to be for a bit.

And of course, a good sneeze is the best way to break all moments of tension/threatening melancholy. :laugh2:

"I will make all crossings with you, my friend."

WHYYYYY. What has my heart ever done to you?

And then Le Chiffre, which was all kinds of button-pressing hotness.

Tonight was a wholly novel discovery, even for her, as she sipped her martini and watched her rich, awful boyfriend torment against a sneeze he was trying not to indulge.

This was about when I knew this fic was going to ravish me.

I love, love, loved the detail in the description of that first struggle. I love the close attention that Valenka pays to Le Chiffre, and I love that she knows him well enough to read each tiny sign.

Really, I just love the sensory attention of Valenka's perspective. And I enjoy watching how carefully she negotiates her relationship with Le Chiffre. No implication or offence meant, but you write the inside of messed-up relationships so vividly it hurts sometimes.

"...hhhh!" Into the pinch of one hand he jerked again, with a sound almost entirely silent but for a backfired "-nht!" into his sinus, one that Valenka alone caught for the shockwave it sent through his body and into hers. She pursed her lips and tried not to murmur in sympathy, he wouldn't have it, but did allow herself the brief stroke of her palm from shoulder to shoulder. The furious stifling was also new, and also delightful in an equally strange way. She mentally reviewed where that had come from, and then whether she'd ever seen him sneeze in company outside the more intimate. She decided that no, she hadn't, and just as quickly was stirring over an ever greater knot of desire.

... I'm struggling to breathe right now, let alone form words. How is it you are able to do this to me so consistently?

this irritated hangtime between stimulus and full-fledged relief.

A+ phraseology. *steals*

while Le Chiffre grimaced discreetly and resisted the pull of an unwelcome breath.

*deaded*

a fit so aggressive that she wondered where he'd left his inhaler

Okay, so this entire finally-we're-alone fit and its aftermath is glass-meltingly hot. Nghnhgf.

If possible, the afterthought-sneezes are even hotter than the first rush. Dear sweet honeybadger entrails. (I need better unsweary intensifiers/expletives. Suggestions on a postcard.)

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2015 at 9:08 PM, Garnet said:

"Lindir," Elrond said in the form of a sigh, but with all the tolerance of millenia. "Even you are permitted to sneeze on occasion."

Which was fortunate, because he couldn't take another moment of this.

"--hd'ishoo!" He dipped helplessly against the length of his forefinger, still pressed against the pronounced arch of both nostrils in a last ditch attempt to suppress their quivering. "--hd'isshoo! ... hd'isshoo!"

To Lindir's horror, he still couldn't quite manage to get it, and trembled with another involuntary inhale as the irritation crept higher into his sinuses and his nose twitched beyond his control. If anything, each sneeze worsened the sensation until his eyes were blurred with tears and he had to search blindly through his robes for a handkerchief. He wasn't sure he even had one on his person, so infrequently did he require its use, but...

"hd'isshoo! ... --hd'iszshhoo!"

So, I know this drabble is like a year old, but I've just now discovered (or rediscovered) your drabbles and I just want to say... .... .... ... actually I don't know what to say because words elude me to express just how amazingly written and just plain HOT this drabble is. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME. I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE.

Seriously, I know everyone in this thread has said it before, but it needs to be repeated until the ends of time: you are so incredibly talented, and I hope one day to become even just a tenth of the writer you are.

Archived