Sneeze Fetish Forum

R.I.P. Dick Clark

bensonman

Dick Clark, the ever-youthful television host and tireless entrepreneur who helped bring rock 'n' roll into the mainstream on "American Bandstand," and later produced and hosted a vast range of programming from game shows to the year-end countdown from Times Square on "New Year's Rockin' Eve," has died. He was 82.

yeah I heard.. I don't know who he is.. but his name rings a bell

D: Whaaaaaaat?

Hey. We're not all from the Yew Ess of Eh, you know.

82 is a good age for a man to have reached. In Memoriam!

RIP Dick Clark. I'll miss watching him bringing in the New Year.

Yeah, that must be weird. People who do jobs like that should be immortal and everlasting, shouldn't they?

Hey. We're not all from the Yew Ess of Eh, you know. 82 is a good age for a man to have reached. In Memoriam!

I always assumed he was just one of those globally-known personas, though. Like Steve Irwin or something. I guess not, my bad. D:

Yeah, that must be weird. People who do jobs like that should be immortal and everlasting, shouldn't they?

In the UK, we have Jools Holland. God, but it would be weird if he died. :/

And JenJen, the name rings a bell, but otherwise I'm clueless. R.I.P all the same.

My uncle is convinced this is yet another sign that the Mayan "predictions" of the world ending are coming true, since we can't feasibly usher in a New Year without Dick Clark. gah.gif

My uncle is convinced this is yet another sign that the Mayan "predictions" of the world ending are coming true, since we can't feasibly usher in a New Year without Dick Clark. gah.gif

Oh my god, I didn't even think about it that way. XD Too funny.

Hey. We're not all from the Yew Ess of Eh, you know.

82 is a good age for a man to have reached. In Memoriam!

He was the host of one of the longest running shows ever in the U.S. ( American Bandstand) which contributed to popularizing Rock and Roll music back in the 1950's. The show helped introduce a number of now "iconic" pop artists to a wider audience starting from the 50's all the way down the 80's.

Here is a clip of the show.

As mentioned, he also rang in the New Year, and was the host of a popular Game Show over here (The $100,000 Dollar Pyramid).

Your uncle has seen that Conspiracy Keanu meme, perhaps? http://zipmeme.com/meme/46503/

Archived