Sneeze Fetish Forum

Problems with topic replies and formatting

Dusty15

I've been having an ongoing problem when replying to posts, especially in the past month. When I type a reply, it looks normal (as in, regular, formatted text) but when I send it, it comes up in the topic with all the coding for formatting (things like paragraph breaks < p > and the type codes for all my apostrophes...something like &nsbp=39 ).

I end up having to go through and edit out all the formatting (and sometimes retype the entire post in the edit box if it's long and there are lots of characters out of place). It's fine for a short post, but it's maddening when I've typed a long response. This does not happen when I post my own topics.

Thoughts on solutions? I'm running Safari as my browser on a Mac.

Oh, it wasn't just me, then... these things happen to me too now and then. I'm on Explorer on a nearly self-retiring Dell.

I've noticed that it generally happens when I use the formatting buttons. As far as I remember, it has never happened for me while typing everything in bb-code. So instead of pressing the italics button you could just use the [i ] and [/i ] tags (without the spaces of course).

Am not sure whether that is a fool-proof solution, but it's worked for me so far.

Archived