Sneeze Fetish Forum

Gender and Cause Preferences

VoOs

Gender and Preferences  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your gender and what cause of sneezing do you prefer?

• I am female and prefer colds
    • I am male and prefer colds
    • I am neither/both and prefer colds
    • I am female and prefer allergies
    • I am male and prefer allergies
    • I am neither/both and prefer allergies
    • I am female and like colds and allergies equally
    • I am male and like colds and allergies equally
    • I am neither/both and like colds and allergies equally
    • I am female and prefer different causes for different genders
    • I am male and prefer different causes for different genders
    • I am neither/both and prefer different causes for different genders

Reading this forum, and especially the art and story boards, it seems to me that it's a bit more common for women to prefer colds before allergies, while men often prefer it the other way round. Of course there are exceptions (I myself being one of them), but it's a pattern that I've noticed and find pretty interesting. So, I thought why not make a poll to get some statistics?

Comments, thoughts and specifications (particulary if you've picked any of the last three options) are most welcome!

(I've never made a poll before, so I hope this works... blush.png )

Aww, VoOoOoOoOoOoO~ The first poll with answers I didn't have to stop to think for minutes~

Anyway... xD

I've tought about my gender a lot ever since I turned... 13? (before that I just lived) I mean... I never was feminine and that was when I asked the question "am I really female". I couldn't answer yes, that would have felt so wrong. Then I asked am I male and it felt like the right answer is no. And it hasn't really changed... Though lately I've actually started to feel more like a man. I don't know. I anyway answered here "neither/both".

I've also thought why I prefer male in fetish fiction. Just a few days ago I happened to think that damn, it actually is because I'd want to be in their position. I want to be that man there. xD I love colds, and I love them the best when I'm the one having them and get to attentionwhore to someone special (R.L heart.gif )... I don't mind allergies, but they are usually just... boring to me. I want it to be a cold so I could be all... naww. xD Yea, anyway...

Edited by Sitruuna

I am loving how this poll is proving my thesis to be wrong so far. :laugh: Then again, we need more males to speak their mind!

There are many things to consider, and if this poll still mirrors reality, it raises some new questions... Hm, hm, hm...

I think you also have to take into account the kind of people who contribute and who would take this poll XD it may be that allergy whores are just more prone to taking polls! :laugh:

it may be that allergy whores are just more prone to taking polls! laughing.gif

It's because it reminds us of the word "pollen" ^_^:P

I have voted, although i would have preferred to go for.........

"I am male and DISLIKE colds and allergies equally" .......if it had been an option

I prefer random sneezes

anyway, i voted for "like equally"

:)

I am female and I voted for preferring allergies. Colds hold almost no interest for except for the rare fic I've stumbled upon where a person catches a cold that only serves to exacerbate their allergies.

Of course I have to point out that there are causes of sneezing that don't really fit either category. As Joal said, there are just random sneezes, but there's also photic sneezing, and gustatory sneezing(sneezing triggered by the act of eating). I actually experience both of those but don't really consider them to be allergies. Though I supppose they could be lumped into the allergy category if they had to be, I guess it just depends on how picky you are on the subject.

I haven't voted yet because for me this really depends quite a bit on whether we're talking about real life observations or what we prefer reading about in fiction.

In real life I like colds and allergies equally, or perhaps have a slight preference for allergies because it means I can enjoy the symptoms without worrying about possibly getting sick myself. Because while I'm not a germaphobe I also don't particularly enjoy being sick most of the time.

But in fiction I almost exclusively prefer colds if it's original fiction or a character I'm not familiar with/isn't one of my favourites. If I know and love the character already then the cold preference is much less and as long as I can see the cause fitting the character I'll enjoy it even if I still have a definite hurt/comfort soft spot for colds.

I guess ultimately I enjoy colds and allergies in very different ways, so I suppose now I've gone through all that I should jsut say I enjoy them both equally :lol:

Interesting poll...I'm definitely in your stereotypical allergies over colds male camp, but maybe that's because I love sneezing but I don't like the icky other stuff involved in colds whereas once a girl's finished with and allergy attack she can generally just go about her business normally :)

I'm here to mess up the trend. I'm a male who prefers colds, and apparently the only one who does. So, go me...

I think you also have to take into account the kind of people who contribute and who would take this poll XD it may be that allergy whores are just more prone to taking polls! laughing.gif

We allergy whores just like to stand up and be counted. P.S. I love your little "Dear allergy sufferer, I just hugged a cat and rolled in the flowers. Now come here!"

I'm here to mess up the trend. I'm a male who prefers colds, and apparently the only one who does. So, go me...

Naww~ Look how we both are alone with our answeres there~

i definitely like colds more...simply because with allergies, they might only last a day...maybe even a few minutes, but colds can last a really long time, which of course makes everything more enjoyable