Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Manor Lord

LeadaAlexys52

So this was just an idea that came to me while I was bored at work.

Hope you enjoy and please comment!

I stood on the steps of the manor house. Watching, waiting to see my husband returning through the driving snow. It had been a long few months, and the manor had felt so empty with him gone, and now that winter had risen the house had felt all the more cold and desolate. But now on this day I waited anxiously to see his figure through the snow. Luckily I did not have to wait much longer. A shape appeared at the edge of what was visible. My husband, being of the Danes was taller than most and very broad. It was not hard to distinguish his figure in spite of its hunched appearance to protect against the wind. He was leading his horse which I was thankful for. This weather made riding far to dangerous. I saw Walter run to meet his master and take his horse to the stable. I saw my husband lay a hand on the boys shoulder in thanks and I smiled. My husband had a domineering appearance and a rough voice when displeased but at his heart he was a sweet man. At this point I was shifting my wait from foot to foot in anticipation to see my husband, hold him in my arms. I smiled wider at the thought. My smile faltered when I saw him stumble. My husband never stumbled. When his steps faltered again and he fell to one knee I threw caution to the howling wind, gathered my skirts and ran to him amid cries of alarm and calls from my maid servants to 'return or I will ruin my dress.' I reached him faster than his man, Humphrey, who had followed me. He was picking himself up . I offered my hand and he took it which surprised me slightly. Once he was standing I brushed off the snow that had gathered on his shoulders, playing at scolding to hide my concern.

"Good husband, if you make a habit of this you will drive the laundress to distraction," I said and looked up into the face I had so longed for. His grey green eyes looked back at me with warmth and love. I caressed his cheek and he kissed my hand.

"My apologies gentle wife. T'was not my intent. Distracted laundress's are the bane of any household," I laughed at him and threw my arms around his neck. He picked me up and squeezed me tightly and I felt I never wanted to move again. As he put me down a strange expression crossed his face. He gasped and…

"He'cheh!" sneezed into his fist.

"God bless you my love. Come along now and let us get out of this retched weather before you catch your death,"

"A wonderful idea my sweet," he answered sniffing slightly. He offered me his arm and I took it gladly.

"Humphrey, will you tell Curtis to stoke the fires and have a hot bath drawn for the master?" I asked. Humphrey nodded deeply and went off to find Curtis.

"That is much appreciated darling, however I was hoping to get some work done before supper," my husband said looking guiltily at me. I smiled at him knowing that he would have wanted this.

"I thought so, but after a hot soak love, your shivering." and who was to blame him. His clothes were soaked through and the wind was harsh. I felt him relax a little when we entered the house and the warmer air greeted us. But he still had tremors run through him at intervals.

"He…He'tcheh!" he sneezed again into his arm. I looked at him concerned. I was beginning to wonder if he had not already caught himself a chill. It would not have surprised me, but he was ill so little it always took me by surprise when he did succumb to some ailment.

"Are you all right husband?" I asked quietly.

"Yes my love, t'was only the changing temperatures. Let us to the bath chamber." he said and quickened his pace. I smiled at his use of 'us' and I followed him gladly. The relaxing soak was much more active than I had intended.

After the lovely warming bath we adjourned to our dressing rooms to dress for supper. Through the adjoining wall I heard my sweet husband sneeze a few more times, as well as cough. This new development began to solidify my notion that he had taken ill. I didn't know what to do about it. It always took a lot for him to admit to being ill, and at this point, after a long hard journey in less than pleasant weather I feared that this habit might serve to make him worse. He sneezed occasionally and coughed his way through supper. Before I was finished my own he begged my pardon to be excused to do some work.

"Of course my love, work well. I believe I shall read by the fire for a short while. My I come in to you when I retire to bed?" he kissed the top of my head

"Indeed my love I look forward to it," and with that he was off to his study.

I contented myself by the fire and devoured Utopia. A curious piece but most enjoyable. When my eyes were tiered I left my chair and went to the study. Before I knocked I heard a muffled

"He'tchehw!" I hopped my husband had enough sense to come to bed soon. I knocked. A raspy

"Come," came through the door. I entered. He was at his desk surrounded by parchment and velum sheets.

"I am to bed my love, will you join me shortly?" I asked. He looked up at me. His eyes were tired and drooping, and his nose was red and sore looking. He coughed once clearing his throat and answered

"Yes my sweet, there are only a few more things I must do and I will join you. He smiled trying to look reassuring. I nodded and turned to go. As I was about to close the door I heard a desperate gasp and an explosive

"He…He'tchEH, E'chhew!" I shook my head, hoping that my husband had enough sense for once to come to bed soon and not aggravate his condition.

I had been asleep for some time. It was obviously well past midnight when I suddenly woke. I rolled over searching for my husband's warm body to ease the chill of the winter night and found that he was not there. Concerned, I rose dawned a dressing gown and went in search of my bed fellow. I found him asleep in his study head down on his desk. His breathing was thick and heavy with congestion. I gently shook his shoulder to wake him. He stirred and coughed harshly into his fist before looking up at me with some confusion in his eyes.

"Darling come to bed," I said kneeling down in front of him "You have worked at your figures long enough and your wife is lonely in bed." He chuckled at me.

"Yes dear wife, I will come," he said rising from his chair. I rose with him and saw his eyes lose focus, saw him sway where he stood and sit back down suddenly and heavily. His head dropped into one hand. Alarmed, I took his hand away so he would look at me and caressed his face. When I touched him I was shocked at the amount of heat radiating off him.

"

Christopher! You are burning with fever!" I said pressing my lips to his head to determine just how high it was. He looked at me with tired feverish eyes.

"I fear Angela, that I am not at all well." he said finally admitting to it. Something melted inside me and my heart went out to my miserable husband. I laughed softly.

"Oh my darling foolish husband," I said taking his hand and helping him to rise "you work yourself too hard, and this is what happens." I put his arm around my shoulders and my own around his waist and together we made it to the bed chamber. We met Humphrey on our way.

"Madame, is all well?" he asked looking over his master being supported by his wife.

"I am afraid that the master is not well. Will you bring some cool water and a cloth?" Humphrey nodded and went along the corridor.

"He…He'tcheh!" Christopher sneezed harshly and leaned heavily against me. We got to our chamber and I undressed my poor fever dazed husband. Humphrey knocked and entered with a basin of water and a soft cloth. I thanked him and he bowed out of the room. Christopher was shivering now under the covers. I bathed his face and neck. He moaned from the cold.

"I know it's unpleasant darling, but it is good for you," I said kissing his hot forehead.

Christopher slept fitfully for most of that night. His fever rose, and I kept at him with cool water. When he finally settled and slept soundly I crawled into bed next to him and fell into a deep sleep. I awoke to a desperate

"He'tchheh!" I opened my eyes and gazed at my husband. It was obvious that he was on the mend. He was not at full health yet, but he had colour back in his cheeks.

"God bless you my love," I said sleepily. He turned to look at me appologeticly.

"My apologies for waking you my sweet,"

"Do not worry. You look much restored."

"Mmm, yes. But I think it best to avoid my figures today," I smiled at my husband for the first sensible thing he had said in quite a while.

"I agree my love. I very much agree." I leaned over and kissed him soundly.

The morning started very well that day.

The end

This. Is. Adorable. <3

The characters are so sweet and quaint and your writing style is really lovely. Ugh this is just perfect. I'm in a smiley mood now. :D Thank you.

Aww! So beautiful! :wub:

Your writing style is absolutely incredible! I wish this wasn't so short through! You made me extremely happy! *merrily skips off into the distance*

Mmmm yes, yes yes! I really enjoyed your writing style, and more importantly, your characters! So often on this site I have to wade through millions of fics about wimpy teenagers with colds, but THIS! A real man for once! I'd love to see more of that!

Archived