Sneeze Fetish Forum

RPG Players?

Graham Cracked

I've been a huge fan of RPGs pretty much ever since I've had a solid internet connection. All the ones I play are F2P like Mabinogi and MapleStory. I could never get into the intensity of WoW. Along with those two, I also love Lost Saga, Aion, League of Legends and Perfect World. What RPGs do you guys play if any?

Does kingdom hearts count as an RPG? I play Skyrim as well. Umm... Final Fantasy 13. I never beat FF13 I never truly got the hang of the battle system. So I always died.

Yeah, those count, I completely forgot about console RPGs since I've sort of converted into a PC gamer xD Yeah, Kingdom Hearts was my first RPG and I've been meaning to replay it again. I'd consider Pokemon my first RPG, though it's not really the character you play as that levels up. It's confusing for me xD

I'm mostly into single player RPGs, such as Skyrim and some of the older Final Fantsy games. I think I'd have to go with Skyrim, Final Fantasy 6 and Mass Effect 2 as my absolute favories.

As far as multiplayer RPGs go, I pretty much only play Guild Wars, and I most certainly will be playing the upcoming Guild Wars 2, if that wasn't painfully obvious. I'm fundamentally opposed to paying monthly fees for games, so that basically limits me to Guild Wars and the random assortment of free MMOs out there. I've tried a few of those, but I could never really stay into them for long. Luckily for me, Guild Wars 2 is shaping up to be the greatest MMO of all time, fee or no fee, so I should be all set. :P

Not too big into the MMORPGs anymore. I used to play a lot of WoW and Aion, but then the monthly fees got to be a bit too much. Now I'm pretty much Skyrim, Mass Effect, Fallout. But I'm also really into the Persona games currently, too, especially Persona 4. It's pretty much the greatest JRPG I've ever played.

I'm such an RPG nerd. Particularly when it comes to the Roleplaying aspect. I do admittedly love WoW, more for the RP than anything else.

I also play a lot of Xbox RPGs such as Darksiders (cannot wait to get Darksiders 2! <3), Bioshock and Skyrim.

Is anyone else excited for the Elder Scrolls MMO? I sure am.

I've played White Knight Chronicles on PS3. It felt like it was designed for a PC and not a PS3 with how the combat system and menus worked. I didn't like it. I have never played an MMORPG before and most likely never will.

My computer sucks, so I don't play RPVGs. One of these days I'm stealing my man's machine to play Skyrim, but that's in the future. I do play Munchkin... does that count? :lol:

Singleplayer, I love the Bethesda games and have played the heck out of all of them. Online, I've played City of Heroes, a superhero themed MMORPG, off and on for the past eight years since it launched. It can be played for free now, give it a try if you're looking for a fun casual game.

http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/

I'd say Munchkin counts. I've played a little Dungeons and Dragons, but it's been a long time. I wanted to get more into it, but all my friends ever do when we come to a town is slaughter everyone, which gets rather annoying after the first time or so... Especially since they also kill any party members who try to stop them. xD

I may get back into it eventually though. Just waiting for the right time.

I don't play MMOs. I'm not interested in them and I don't feel like paying a monthly fee for games. I've also never played any Final Fantasy game, or any Japanese RPG...well, I played a little bit of Tales of Vesperia, but the whole set up was really weird and awkward and I didn't get very far on that game.

I love the Mass Effect trilogy. Even if the Mass Effect 3 ending was not how I would have wanted it to end (although the extended cut is a vast improvement) the rest of that game is really good and I usually don't hate stuff just because the last ten minutes suck. tonguesmiley.gif I still want a Hanar squadmate though. :(

I also like the Dragon Age games...Dragon Age 2 was maybe the worst bioware game I've ever played, but I still enjoyed it and I don't think its as bad as some people make it out to be.

And Jade Empire is really good even if I haven't played through it in 8 years. tonguesmiley.gif Haven't played the Bioware games made before that...well, played a little bit of Knights of the Old Republic, but found the combat to be too awkward so didn't make it very far there either, but that was a really long time ago so don't know how I'd feel about it now.

Oblivion and Skyrim are really good...I just wish that at the very least, Bethesda would ensure that at the very least all of the quests in all of the questlines would work the way they're supposed to out of the box. But they're great games. And I'm such a sociopathic monster on Skyrim. 4.gif

Fallout 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games (although buggy as hell). Bethesda's fallout 3 was pretty good too and New Vegas was really good in my opinion.

I've recently become addicted to Skyrim. I have to admire how huge Bethesda has made the game. Yeah it does have bugs but that's a compromise I can accept.

I've also played some japanese rpg's. I really loved Final fantasy 7 back in the day. FF 13 was crap though. :) Best recent J-RPG I've played is Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. It's pretty awesome in every way. Lost Odyssey on Xbox 360 is great as well.

By the way, I don't think most japanese rpg's are true role playing games, although I do call them that but I don't know why they are considered role-playing. I think games like Fallout and Skyrim are true role playing games because you can handle situations based on the role you choose. In the japanese rpg's I've played things pretty much happen the same on every playthrough.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived