Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fears and Phobias

megacycle

Joins club- I am the same way. Like even though I knew that I got an A in a course I still *had* to see what my final project was given even though 9 people out of 10 would not even care. It's why I read *every* single page that I'm assigned.

I've been late on things too on occasion and when I am then I get panicy and I can't admit and I end up making things worse and more panic and hiding and it's stupid. I'm trying to turn this around- slow process though.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to go to fail school, too.

People (and animals) invading my personal space. I have actually told people they're "standing in my aura", that usually weirds them out and make them move back. If I can hold out my arms full length from my body and touch you, you're standing too close. Unless I invite you in first.

I got like the worst case of Trypophobia.... I just. No. I'm not even going into explanation of what it is. I can't even type it. I can already feel myself shaking. The worst part is, when I see like a triggering picture, I cant help but just get this paralyzingly feeling and just STARE at it, and then the phobia symptoms get worse real fast. XD;:;;;

That and I think I've developed some sort of Hematophobia (I think that's it? Fear of blood?) and like, I can handle gore in pictures, I love nose bleeds and stuff... But when I have to learn about it, and diseases involved with blood, I go full on panic attack and I've passed out 3 times now. I feel like I'm gonna catch some horrible disease because blood is always coursing through my body o_o. Also sucks because I want to be a doctor :,D

I have a few more but those are the main ones, and I don't really know the names of the others, but fear of repetitive sounds, robotic voices, and catching illness.

...am I the only one who's not afraid to fail? I invite it! Gives me another chance to do better :).

Let me again reiterate to all you chicks who are terrified about getting pregnant that it is optional. People don't seem to realize that you don't HAVE to have a child, no matter how "unnatural" other people might think you are for it. There are all kinds of different lifestyles and not everyone wants to be a parent. And if you do but are still disturbed at the thought of growing a child inside of you, there's always adoption, which is a wonderful thing considering how many people are already on this planet and how many children there are without families.

spoider brought up a good one - people. Before I went on medication for anxiety I would catastrophize when I went out in public, playing these scenarios in my mind where someone would just start shooting up the store or movie theater or classroom I was in. A girl at my college got stabbed by her boyfriend when I was a sophomore and that's when shit started peaking. It's just so messed up the things that seemingly normal people can do when they snap. If it were up to me I would probably live in a cave somewhere far from civilization. I'm on medication now which has helped tremendously, the worries don't consume me like they used to, but every now and then something will trigger it, like the shootings that have been going on around my country recently. There are too many people in the world with no regard for human life and I'm terrified that someday I'll find myself crossing paths with one of them.

I'm terrified of biological warfare and just widespread deadly diseases in general, but I feel that's pretty rational.

Let me again reiterate to all you chicks who are terrified about getting pregnant that it is optional. People don't seem to realize that you don't HAVE to have a child, no matter how "unnatural" other people might think you are for it. There are all kinds of different lifestyles and not everyone wants to be a parent. And if you do but are still disturbed at the thought of growing a child inside of you, there's always adoption, which is a wonderful thing considering how many people are already on this planet and how many children there are without families.

WORD WORD WORD. These days, having children is nothing less than a luxury, and a rather selfish one at that (although, of course, raising them right is a huge achievement! Especially if they're not biologically your own). There is no NEED to have them. Not for the likes of us, anyway.

having children is nothing less than a luxury, and a rather selfish one at that

Not to start an argument or anything but, Maru, I just don't see where you're coming from? I mean, yes, having children is pretty much a luxury (unless, of course, you need children like some of the small, third-world villages in Africa) but I really don't understand how bringing new life into the world is selfish? I guess, sometimes it can be selfish. Like, if you know you can't provide for the child or you end up just screwing them up, but just, the way you worded it kinda just gets to me, you know? I love kids and I'd really like to have a couple of my own someday (though I may have to adopt thanks to this thread :lol: ) and I don't understand how that seems like a selfish dream, you know? I'm seriously not trying to start something, I'm just a bit confused. :)(Plus, it's just a little offensive because I'm still a kid myself. :winkkiss: )

@ VividBubbles...

:hug: Maru is definitely Not anti-youngsters- as far as people having them (to my knowledge)- just anti- the idea that Everyone (especially women in relationships) *has* to have one or more. **Maru- you may thump me upside the head if I got you wrong.**

@ VividBubbles...

:hug: Maru is definitely Not anti-youngsters- as far as people having them (to my knowledge)- just anti- the idea that Everyone (especially women in relationships) *has* to have one or more. **Maru- you may thump me upside the head if I got you wrong.**

Okay, yeah. This is kinda what I assumed but it's just, you know, it kinda hit me the wrong way. Still love you though Maru! :heart::D

@ Glue- I hear you there. I feel that I'm a decently social type of person- but crowds.... not so much. Part of the reason that I could never, ever handle living in a large city.

I don't mind crowds so much, as long as I'm not the center of attention in a crowd. I have stage fright.

having children is nothing less than a luxury, and a rather selfish one at that

Not to start an argument or anything but, Maru, I just don't see where you're coming from? I mean, yes, having children is pretty much a luxury (unless, of course, you need children like some of the small, third-world villages in Africa) but I really don't understand how bringing new life into the world is selfish? I guess, sometimes it can be selfish. Like, if you know you can't provide for the child or you end up just screwing them up, but just, the way you worded it kinda just gets to me, you know? I love kids and I'd really like to have a couple of my own someday (though I may have to adopt thanks to this thread heh.gif ) and I don't understand how that seems like a selfish dream, you know? I'm seriously not trying to start something, I'm just a bit confused. smile.png(Plus, it's just a little offensive because I'm still a kid myself. wink_kiss.gif )

I think she was saying that it is selfish in this day and age because the world already has 7 billion people. It isn't like there's a need for children like there was back in the olden days, when people had lots of kids because the chances of them surviving to adulthood was unlikely and because they needed extra help on the farm or whatever. And a lot of people (certainly not most) have children because they're sort of a status symbol. Just look at all the hype around celebrity babies. These people have kids, gush about how amazing parenthood is, then pass them off to a gamut of nannies to be raised. Sure, they have the resources to provide for the kid, but they're also subjecting them to such a bizarre lifestyle full of media scrutiny and excessive material luxuries. (Look at Suri Cruises's wardrobe - the money spent on her cutesy little outfits could have probably fed one of those third-world villages you mentioned. sleep.png)

I don't have anything against the kids that already exist - I just want them to know that they don't have to bring more into the world. :P Especially with how shitty the world's been getting lately.

ETA: Sorry to threadjack, megacycle. :lol:

Your fine, AnonyMouse. I agree with what you have said completely.

People aren't having children for the right reason anymore. Don't do it for attention, don't do it to be on teen mom.

Do it for the right reason not the wrong reason. We don't need another octomom or Kate plus eight.

I've just rolled out of bed so hopefully that made sense. XD

For the record, I truly did not mean to start this heated discussion about pregnancy. I didn't mean to start anything. I feel kind of awkward now... (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ My apologies, everybody.

Also, amongst all this chaos: Lime, you're afraid of seagulls? Oh, you poor, precious darling. XDDD

Natsuko, no worries, you didn't start anything. :laugh: I just wanted to throw it out there that women have options. I grew up thinking you HAD to have children, and now that I realize that's not the case I want others to be informed.

I'm afraid of seagulls ._.; Can't go past them in summer without a heavy bag as "defensive weapon"

I made the mistake of tossing the last bit of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich to a seagull when I was twelve. An honest-to-goodness HOARD of them came after me and I was only able to escape them after diving under the boardwalk and burying myself in the sand.

I cant stand the sound of a heartbeat.. I hate feeling my own pulse. I tried to get my blood pressure taken recently, but I started feeling my pulse so harshly. I started having like, an anxiety attack. I almost couldn't do it. I also remember, in one of my favorite childhood video games, there was this villain called jenova, who always made a heartbeat sound when it got near you. it just made me so uncomfortable, I always had to turn the volume down on my TV.

• 1 month later...

i used to have a phobia of bees when i was younger, but i was afraid of hornets and wasps; ive never minded bumble bees or honey bees. now i just dont really care about them, so im over that lol. now i do have a fear of mirrors in the dark..its just that i feel like im afraid ill someday see something looking back at me thats not myself, or something that isnt supposed to be there. i also dont like the mirrors facing one another either, for the same reason, that and ive heard that this can create a gateway to other dimensions for spirits....yeah im nuts :P

I once took a flight in a small passenger plane and I was seated right next to the door. We went up about 1,200 ft and every time we hit some turbulence, the plane would shake with the same intensity as if you were in a car hitting a speed bump. It did make a little nervous but eitherwise it wasn't too bad. And believe it or not, I still want to take a flight in one of those old school open seat planes. heh.gif I'm so strange.

Emetophobia (fear of vomiting)

Nyctophobia (fear of the dark, or nighttime)(because I live in the mountains and I'm certain I'll get eaten by some form of nocturnal wild life)

Philophobia (the fear of falling in love)

I used to have tons of strange phobias; outer space, planets, iceburgs, small clusters. They still make me uneasy but not a phobia. I am afraid of heights and claustrophobic but my only true fear is SPIDERS. I just cant handle them and its mostly the visual. My eyes are bad so when i see them at home i freak but not like i do when i see a close up on tv or the internet. It burns into my skull and prevents me from sleeping and i always see it in my head. I cant stand what they look like up close, no matter the type or size.

I hate the dark ): it just feels unsafe..

Also I hateeee swimming in lochs and lakes and rivers, but especially oceans, I can't I just can't what if there is sharks? D:

Also big fishes terrify me, dolphins *shivers*

• 2 weeks later...

oooookay, this one's a doozy.

Short version, when I haven't been popping an anti-anxiety pill every morning: Agoraphobic. Scared of everything. I hate leaving the house, being in crowds, being near crowds, being near germs, the thought of getting sick...

Longer version, items I can think of:

Bees. Got stung a lot as a kid. I still scream when I see one.

Spiders, cause they bite. Really anything that bites, because I'm afraid of poison. Bugs and stuff around there.

Thunderstorms and tornadoes. I hyperventilate.

Elevators. I can't ride in one without getting dizzy and short of breath.

Large machinery/tubes/boiler room-type equiptment. I don't know why.

Fire alarms and alarms in general. Ties in to a fear of... I don't know... Something happening to me? It's always been there.

Disorder. I'm real high-strung and OCD, and if I can't stop whats going on and nothing makes sense, I loose it.

Darkness. Not really the fact that I'm disoriented so much as that I can't see what might be there.

And... Rattlesnakes? I love snakes, but I hate rattlers. Which is saying something, because I've never even seen one.

Ticks and parasites and things that can make me sick other than germs. Really, anything I don't understand that can harm me...

Robotic voices and stuff like that.

Hmm... I'm trying to think of some of the bizarre things that just scare the ever-living hell out of me... Will post more when I think about them. There are plenty.

Oh! Afraid of my food being expired when I eat it, and of food poisoning.

Anything inflatable, particularily inflatable tunnels.

My conscious mind isn't afraid of plane crashes, but apparently my subconscious is, because every single one of my night terrors are about fiery plane crashes.

NOW thats all I can think of for now...

I listed my phobias before, but I forgot one: I am absolutely terrified of stuff like COPD, lung cancer or smoker's cough. And smoking itself.

It is very weird... Coughing from upper breathing system infection is fine.

Asthma also isn't that scary: maybe because I have it myself and I know nothing serious will happen if you react fast.

But if I see someone with a cigarette or with that dreadful cough which comes from the bottom of the lungs- I can already see that person in a tomb. I get a fever and I can literally feel my pulse on the top of my toes. I just... :cry:

Archived