Sneeze Fetish Forum

I'm THE Doctor

matilda3948

So, I'm new to Doctor Who. New and in love. I'm on to the 10th Doctor and he is wonderful, but I think I'll always have a soft spot of Nine.

Anyway, I like the Rose/Nine dynamic so much. This is just a little care-taking fluff piece that I wanted to write and share with my fellow Who-lovers. Hope you like!

Rose woke up to a throbbing sensation in her sinuses. She groaned and pulled the blanket up over her head. She loved traveling with the Doctor but today she’d do anything to just stay in bed. Their last adventure had taken them to a very damp and chilly planet ten thousand years in the future. True to pattern, what had started as a sightseeing trip turned into a fight for their lives. When they finally made it back to the TARDIS Rose was exhausted and chilled. Based on the headache she’d woken up with, she suspected she’d caught a cold.

Not that her having a cold would slow down the Doctor. She could hear him banging around in the control room doing who knows what to the TARDIS. She got up out of bed and threw on a jumper, rubbing her itchy nose with the back of her hand before leaving her room.

“Was startin’ to think you were going to sleep forever,” the Doctor said from his spot on the floor. He was covered in a tangle of wires and was using his sonic screwdriver to piece things back together.

“Was tired,” she said, leaning against the railing. He grinned at her.

“Won’t be long and I’ll have these adjustments done. Where should we go next?”

“Doesn’t matter to meehh…ehh…Ehhh’TSCHHOO!” She sneezed into her hands and resisted the urge to groan.

“Bless you,” he said cheerfully. “Did you know that nearly every planet in the universe has a blessing for when someone sneezes? Kind of odd when you think about it. I mean—”

EHhKSHHOO! She sneezed again. The Doctor stopped and stood up coming over to her.

“Bless you. Coming down with something?”

“Just woke up with a bit of a sniffle,” she said. “M’fine.”

“Sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Then what are you waiting for? Go get dressed so we get going. Time’s a wastin’ Rose!” She grinned—his enthusiasm was infectious.

“You know that makes no sense when you have a time machine right?” He waived her off and Rose went back to her room. As soon as she shut the door she sunk down on her bed. She knew those two sneezes were just the beginning. Her nose was beginning to run and her throat was getting sore. It had been ages since she’d had a cold and she wasn’t keen on the Doctor finding out she was ill. Sometimes she felt like her human needs slowed him down. She had to eat and sleep much more than the time lord did. She wasn’t as quick and certainly wasn’t as experienced as he was and she was fairly certain he wasn’t vulnerable to something as quintessentially human as the common cold. Rose rubbed her temples and sighed. She really hoped they were going someplace warm. Warm and safe. Although she was optimistic the Doctor could manage the first, he wasn’t known for his ability to produce the second.

She knew she needed to get off the bed and get dressed. The Doctor would be itching to get going soon. Rose made it to her wardrobe and opened the door. She was halfheartedly rifling through her clothes when she felt her nose fill with a terrible, tickly sensation. She could feel sneezing fit building. She rubbed her nose, pinched the bridge, took slow breaths through her mouth but nothing stemmed the itch. Her breath caught and she sneezed into her hands. HehhNTschhh! EhhNGschhhoo! EHh…hehh HEHH EhhhIHH’KtschhhOO! NTSCHHOOO!

“Bless you.”

She spun around and pushed her long blonde hair out of her face, sniffling wetly. She hadn’t heard him come in. Gone was his goofy smile from earlier—his eyes narrowed slightly and a frown tugged at his mouth. The Doctor was studying her from the doorway and Rose was not a fan.

“Thank you,” she mumbled, turning back to her wardrobe.

“Rose?”

“It’s nothing. Just a bit of dust,” she said.

“No dust on the TARDIS.”

“Of course there isn’t,” she sighed, turning around. He tilted his head a little.

“You ill?” he asked. Rose shrugged. “Well, it’s your lucky day Rose Tyler,” he said, shifting back to his chipper, eager self.

“It is?”

“Yep. Because you need a doctor and I just so happen to be a doctor.” He came into her room and held his hand out to her. “Not just any doctor,” he said with a wink. “I’m the doctor. Come on now. Let’s have a look at you.” He squeezed her hand and had her sit down on the edge of the bed before sitting across from her and taking out his screwdriver.

“What are you doin’? You’re not gonna sonic screwdriver me. I’ve seen what you do what thing,” she said scooting away from him.

“Lost your confidence in me?”

“What do you need the screwdriver for?” HuhhEHHH’GNSHHOOOO! Rose doubled over with a violent sneeze.

“Bless you. Trust me love. Have I ever hurt you?”

“Course not.” She sniffed and moved back over next to him. He ran the sonic screwdriver across her forehead and then pressed it to her throat and the bridge of her nose. The very slight vibration buzzed through her sensitive nose and she turned her head quickly, sneezing again. HehhhKTSHHOO! EhhhTSCHHHooo!

“Sorry ‘bout that,” he said.

“It’s alright.”

“Well, Rose I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is it’s just a cold—an ordinary human cold. Nothing alien or otherworldly. The bad news is you’ve got a cold.”

“So let’s go to a time where they’ve cured they common cold,” she said, rubbing her nose again.

“Never found a cure for the common cold.”

“Seriously?”

“Sorry. Everything evolves—humans, colds, everything.” This time Rose did groan and rested her head in her hands. “Cheer up,” the Doctor said, patting her on the back. “We’ll hang out in the vortex for a bit. Few days of rest should put you right.”

“I’m sorry,” she said quietly.

“For what?”

“Slowing you down.” He looked confused. She sniffed. “This is why you usually travel alone right? Humans need sleep, get sick. I can’t keep up with you.” The Doctor frowned and knelt down in front of her. He tipped her head up and saw the tears in her eyes.

“You listening to me, Rose?” He waited until she nodded. “I would rather go a thousand times slower with you than go without you. Of course you need to sleep and you’ll get sick every now and then. I don’t care. I want you with me.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” he said. “Plus, we can take all the team we want. Got a time machine, remember?” She grinned.

“Thanks,” she said. “Are there…ehh EHH’NGSHHooo! Ugh. Are there tissues od the TARDIS?” It was the first time it occurred to him.

“Of course. Should’ve thought of that sooner.” He squeezed her shoulder and disappeared for a moment before returning with a box of tissues. “Here you go.” She grabbed a couple and sneezed into them. HehhSNK’ssshhOOO! SNGSHHHOOO! “Bless you, Rose.”

“Thanks. Sorry, going to be doing a lot of that.”

“You’ve got a cold. That’s what you humans do,” he said with a grin.

“Yeah it is.”

“Get under the blankets, would you? I’ll bring you some tea,” he said.

“You’ll stay with me for a bit won’t you?” she asked, wiping her nose with a tissue.

“Rose Tyler, I promise I won’t leave your side.”

Now normally Rose isn't my favourite character, but this is great! I loved the care-taking in particular. Nine was so lovely...

“Well, Rose I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is it’s just a cold—an ordinary human cold. Nothing alien or otherworldly. The bad news is you’ve got a cold.”

Also, heh :D

Edited by silentdreamer789

D'awwwww. This is very cute. And welcome! Fellow Rose-lovers are always appreciated. Plenty of Whovians on this forum, but they tend to write Eleven.

“What are you doin’? You’re not gonna sonic screwdriver me. I’ve seen what you do what thing,”
Saucy ;)

Great story - I always imagined Rose to be a violent sneezer :D

Hahaha :D I also wanted to write "FANTASTIC!!"

I also have a soft spot on Nine <3 He's just so lovely.

This is very well written, thank youuu :)

Is there the possibility of a sequel with the Doctor catching her cold? (Pretty pretty pleaaaase!!!!!!!!)

9 isn't my favorite Doctor, but I think you captured him so well! I loved this story very much! Thank you so much for posting!

Lovely to see some more Rose sneezing ! Actually, it was perhaps a bit scarce even when the programmes with her in were first going out. And modesty forbids me to mention my own story called, I believe. "An unearthly tickle", and the sequel amongst my drabbles.

I can never remember WHO all these numbers are, and it doesn't really interest me, so please continue with sneezy Rose .......

This is beautiful! I am just starting out with Doctor Who so I was excited to see this. I have to admit, I thought I'd be more excited to see The Doctor be the sick one, but this, THIS is so great! Usually care-taking doesn't do much for me, but you wrote this so perfectly I love it so much. You're characters are SPOT ON and I love their dialogue. I honestly felt like I was watching an episode. This SHOULD be an episode. :D Well done and thank you! Brilliant writing!