Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dark Shadows Countdown

SamGrape

I am very excited about Dark Shadows coming out 2nd October! 26 days from now! Yes, I'm crazily excited over one movie but I saw it in the cinemas and LOVED it. So, are you looking forward too?

Oh, I know ^_^ Anything Johnny Depp is of course worth checking out, and I read about Dark Shadows as "a vampire soap opera" in Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King, which sparked my interest to no end! I would love to see the original series too. But not necessarily before the film. That might spoil things. :)

:laugh: It's really fascinating how tastes can vary from person to person.

Personally, I didn't enjoy Dark Shadows at all. I thought it was mean-spirited and ugly, full of bad jokes, bad acting and unsympathetic, two-dimensional characters. But now I'm genuinely curious: what things about the movie did you like? :) (apart from Depp, of course. :P )

Do you mean the movie was like that, or the sixties soap opera was? Because if the latter, well, it WAS the sixties...

Do you mean the movie was like that, or the sixties soap opera was? Because if the latter, well, it WAS the sixties...

Oh, I've only seen the movie. I have no idea what the old tv-series is like. :)

No, but I was actually very disappointed with the movie. It just seemed... badly made. Like none of the people involved even wanted to be there in the first place. :blink: Depp especially. I'm not used to seeing him like that. I don't know, maybe I'm just picky. I was disappointed with Burton's Alice as well.

Just gonna leave this here...

^Accurate. lol.gif

I must admit, I laughed my arse off when Christopher Lee showed up in Dark Shadows. Up until that scene, I'd been like: "Hmm... I feel like somebody's missing..." laughing.gif

I guess Burton must really love his gang. Unless he just ran out of imagination.

Uhm... you guys, what part of NO SPOILERS. pirate.gif was hard to understand...?

(This is a warning, but you are GETTING THERE. wha-smiley.png )

Uhm... you guys, what part of NO SPOILERS. pirate.gif was hard to understand...?

The part that suggested that NO SPOILERS also includes not talking about what actors appear in the movie? dontgetit.gif

The part that suggested that NO SPOILERS also includes not talking about what actors appear in the movie? dontgetit.gif

spoilers: Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter will be in this movie. They will also be in whatever the next one is. As will Danny Elfman's award-winning theme, "Deedly Deedly Deedly Deedly"

OH shoot I guess technically that video I posted is spoilers for every tim burton movie that ever has been or ever will be made, including this one! Whoopsy-doodle.

Archived