Sneeze Fetish Forum

Polydactyl Cats

Spoo

Alright, call me a 'crazy cat lady', but I absolutely adore polydactyl cats. wub.png For those of you who are unaware of the breed, it's basically cats with a few extra toes. laughing.gif From what I've heard they make excellent catchers of mice and the like, because of their glove-like paws.

Has anyone ever owned (or own) a polydactyl cat? If so, what was/is your experience with them? biggrin.png

2dsptfd.jpg

Our neighbors have a polydactyl cat who comes over here for visits all the time. Sweetest cat I've ever come across.

Omg I knew these existed but I don't think I've ever seen one, or a picture of one that actually showed how "glove-like" their paws actually are. That's really awesome!

I am obsessed with polydactyl cats! They are my favorite kind of cat! We used to have one at a place I worked and he was SO CUTE!! Mitten catssssss <3

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have one of these cats living with me! For a number of reasons I won't go into detail about here, I'm fostering a friend's kitten for a few months. He's a sweet kitten, but like a lot of kittens, he's always getting into mischief, haha. Good thing he's super cute. :) He was the runt of his litter and is still a little on the small side for his age (7 months old exactly tomorrow). He has really shiny black fur, and when he was smaller he looked a little like a fruit bat because his ears were so big and the rest of him was so tiny. wubsmiley.gif

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to add - I have some pics on photobucket of the foster kitty! Just a few pics, going in order from just before he was adopted (he was a little over 2 months in the first pic) up to about six months. http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff450/thedreamer31/Cat%20pictures/

Edited to add - in case anyone's wondering, that's not me holding him in the one picture...it's the friend who actually owns him. I cropped her face out to protect her privacy.

Oh my goodness, what a handsome little man! :wub: I love his "gloves". Thank you for sharing those pictures, sneezedreamer! :D

Archived