Sneeze Fetish Forum

How to stop sneezing!

jezebel215

I've been having intermittent allergy attacks (3-5 / week) due to allergens in my apartment. They are exhausting - I sneeze constantly and as I sneeze I can feel my nose gearing up again. My eyes start to swell and itch and i just keep sneezing. I take claritin every day and benadryl when i get home. I try taking a shower, laying cold cloths over my eyes and nose, every once in a while buy different antihistamines....

but what i'm looking for are tricks I can put together from around the house -- a tea or steam infusion? anything to get me out of an endless, exhausting cycle.

thanks so much for any advice!

as to the obvious -- clean your apartment -- it's a work in progress and i'm not sure what i'm really allergic too and i have a lot of animals but these attacks are recent..... If you have specific things I could clean that would be good too.

Have you ever used a Neti pot? I have used them for really bad colds when I have a horribly stuffy nose. It cleanses your sinuses, so maybe it will alleviate your sneezing?

Edited by alias

Nettle tea is supposed to be very good for allergies. Quercitin and bromelein are also good--these are vitamins that you can get at most vitamin and health food stores. Quercitin is a form of Vitamin C that is specifically useful for allergies, and bromelein is an enzyme that reduces allergic symptoms.

This is what I learned while working at a vitamin store. Some customers gave rave reviews about these things.

I've read somewhere that rooibos tea can cure allergies.

... in what doses? *stocks up* tonguesmiley.gif

Basically, if you drink nothing but rooibos for the rest of your life, you'd have no more allergies on your deathbed or something. :P No, I forget how it works exactly... my parents have a booklet on it somewhere. Fantastically old-fashioned stuff. I'll hunt it up and get back to you!