Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ok someone tell me how to get over crushes faster!

As the tin, really.

I like this woman in my course, but the thing is that she's taken. Obviously, this means I cannot go there, and my brain knows this, but still I light up when she's in the room.

Now, I am historically awful at getting over people. It takes me bloody weeks, and to be honest, it's getting old. Enough people know about this particular crush (because aside from the secret I have related to this forum I tell everyone everything at the first sniff of a pint) so it's sort of inevitable that she's found out or will.

Help? I tried avoiding her but that lasted all of two days before fate put us together. I've tried just not engaging with her and that isn't working either.

Yes, I'm 22 and I'm having teenage relationship problems. I am awesome.

If I knew I'd tell you. :hug:

Sorry...

I definitely sympathize where you just want to hit an "off" switch and be done. Or a least a dial that you can adjust to feel the same as the other person does. That sort of thing.

:blushing: Sorry again that I was of absolutely no help. All the best.:hug:

Getting over crushes is a problem, yeah. And no matter how old you get, I'm sure it never gets easier. I've had my share of big crushes I had to get over, so I know where you're coming from.

One thing I always do is try to make myself busy. Get busy with other things, to get your mind off that crush.

Another thing I always used to do was make friends with all the people who were rivals/threats to me. Like making friends with her boyfriend, or something.

Also, start talking to other girls. Just try and remind yourself why being single is awesome :DD

I know it's hard, and it will still probably take a while, but keep it up. You'll make it ^w^ *supportive cheer stance*

...developing another, "safer" crush, like on a fictional character, or someone who is real but you don't know in real life (or too intimately online). And then keep telling yourself that because it's all in your mind, you're allowed ALL the fantasies! Honest truthing, this is effective. Well, let me speak for myself - I have known it to be wonderfully effective. Really. :yes: I think it's because it really can't be spoiled by reality, which is the greatest danger and the nastiest drawback of a crush. Well, it is for me, anyway. What do you reckon?

I actually agree with Maru on the fictional character thing. Or celebrity. Otherwise, I can only say; I feel your pain. I know what it's like having "forbidden" crushes, and so far the only thing that seems to help even a little (other than time) is projecting all those feelings on someone "safer".

:hug: I know it doesn't help at all. But it's what I can tell you.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Well, good on ya mate! x'DDDDDDDDDD

Yeah so I went ahead and asked her out. And it worked (I think).

Alcohol is bad.

Props fo da heist, rocker. B)

Dude, as far as my moral code goes, you can do anything. It's not you who'll be cheating if you go out with her. She's the one supposed to make the decision here. And yes, it's slightly uncool to try and steal her away from her current man, but on the other hand, can it really be called stealing? Would you still have asked her out if she'd been obviously and plainly happy with him?

Although I must admit I wonder what's so great about a girl without (moral) courage...

Haha. I have a fairly strong moral code, but I also have no self control.

We went out and I spilled, apologised for being a massive wanker and now I'm gonna detox her. Turns out she likes me but wants time to work things out, woo!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried shaving your head, setting fire to your underwear and singing a kareoke version of "Achy Breaky Heart" in front of her?

See, then you won't be able to think of her without reliving that painfully embarrassing memory, so you won't be able to think of her romantically because that will always be prempted by "Oh, God, what an ass I made of myself!"

And by the way, if you're crazy enough to take obviously sarcastic advice on relationships from a 26-year old man who's never been on a date, I take no responsibility for the results.

Archived