Sneeze Fetish Forum

Trying to get into Homestuck, but I'm confused...

Anonymouse

No wonder the door won't open. Blocking it is an enormous and magnificent bust of Ben Stiller in his role as Starsky in the 2004 retro-mania comedy remake of Starsky and Hutch.

Lying on the floor appears to be an unfortunate bystander, an employee of Busts-R-Us. He was polishing the bust right in front of your door for some reason.

So I googled "Homestuck" and the first result was this thing called "MS Paint Adventures"... is this right? I mean, it's hilarious, but it's just not what I was expecting. I'm not seeing the characters that I'm used to seeing when people post stuff about Homestuck. I'm not even sure I'm on the right site.

Some please help guide me through this experience. I want so badly to be a part of it.

ETA: Nevermind, I do believe I've found it. Amazing what spending just a little more time searching the Internet can do.

Yeah, MS Paint Adventures is Homestuck. It's funny because everyone always posts the trolls and they don't show up for a loooong time, from what I've gathered.

Also I know that's it's quicksand for artists. A lot of my artists friends on tumblr got into Homestuck and now they're obsessed and it's like all they draw and it makes me sad. I couldn't get into it personally. @__@ Plus the whole fandom kinda turns me off because the shipping wars are insaaaaaane.

I've known about Homestuck for a while, but haven't yet gotten into it myself. My sister and her friends all cosplay it, so I'm pretty used to being confused. XDDD Since I was just a part of a cosplay photo shoot this weekend with my sis, she finally showed it to me and attempted to explain it. The series seems really interesting and I can see why people like it, but I simply do not have the time for it right now. I am easily distracted, and a story that long and art that eye-spazzingly colorful is gonna waste away hours of my life. :D I think I'll try to get into Homestuck during a break from school or something.

I also understand that the fandom is HUGE, which is fine except that, in turn, increases the number of obsessed jerks. And that's natural, but unfortunate.

yes MSPA is the home of Homestuck, but that first thing you wrote is from another of Andrew Hussie's wonderful comics called Problem Sleuth, which is also very much worth a read. Homestuck in the first couple of acts is mostly silly shenanigans and lots of overall confusion, but you'll get there! Every bit of silly storyline is leading up to something great. Trust me!

Yeah, I did notice that it seems pretty time-consuming, but I'll work through it when I get bits of time here and there. I have noticed that there are quite a few "obsessed jerks" out there too but that doesn't bother me, because nobody here seems like an obsessed jerk. I don't see myself falling into the sandtrap, but I'd like to understand what it's about and be able to enjoy more of the material that people are posting here, because I'll know what they're actually writing/drawing/talking about. :laugh:

Thanks guys. :D

You seemed to work out that you were reading Problem Sleuth, so my advice to you is, when you're done with Homestuck, read Problem Sleuth. While I, and most people, prefer Homestuck for it's story, and characters and such, Problem Sleuth is a lot funnier. You can ignore Bard Quest and Jailbreak, though.

You seemed to work out that you were reading Problem Sleuth, so my advice to you is, when you're done with Homestuck, read Problem Sleuth. While I, and most people, prefer Homestuck for it's story, and characters and such, Problem Sleuth is a lot funnier. You can ignore Bard Quest and Jailbreak, though.

Oh I'm still doing Problem Sleuth too. Candy corn in my inventory? Giant bust of Ben Stiller? Comedic gold.

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. If you've never read it...read it. That's the only thing by Hussie that I really like (probably because I read it when someone posted them all on 4chan, and I didn't realized at the time that it was done by the Homestuck guy, haha). It's definitely in my Top 5 Funniest Things I've Ever Seen Online list. XD

Archived