Sneeze Fetish Forum

Tattoo

Lalena

So this Friday I'm getting a tattoo. I've wanted one for a long time, and I was really excited, but as the day gets closer I am freaking out! Even as I am typing this I am getting nauseous thinking about needles stabbing me repeatedly for 3 hours.

I am a bit of a needle baby, and almost passed out when I got my nose pierced. The entire way to the studio TO get my nose pierced I was losing my mind and crying. I wanted my nose pierced even MORE than this tattoo, and that was a quick 45 second procedure.

Does anyone have tattoos and can give me advice on how to handle it? I wanted to have a few drinks before I go, but they guy won't to it if he thinks you are in any way impared. My friend that's a nurse said she would bring me home some numbing cream, but what am I going to do when it starts to wear off? Help!

It really depends on where you're getting it done, how sensitive your skin is, etc etc.

I have a tattoo inside my arm at the bend of my elbow. I hardly felt a thing. It felt much like being scratched and was more irritating than painful. In contrast, I had my nose pierced and that hurt much more.

The important thing is to remember to breathe. Get as comfortable as possible, relax, close your eyes. Have friends there to talk to. Bring an iPod or something to listen to if you prefer that kind of distraction.

I'm glad to hear that your nose hurt more than the tattoo, because my nose was SOOOO painful! I'm getting it on my foot ... a design to represent my heritage and my grandparents. It's really meaningful to me and I think I would regret NOT getting it, but a few of my friends that do have tattoos keep saying, "Now you can't stop him in the middle of it ..." and "Are you SURE you can handle it?" (Clearly, I have have supportive friends)

I like the iPod idea. My best friend (who ironically is the least likely to baby me) will be there, but she has no patience for whining. I'm thinking I will need a distraction other than her company.

I wouldn't advise taking drinks before you go get it done, because alcohol thins the blood, which therefore means you're more likely to bleed/bleed a lot, which probably won't be too pleasant for you.

I have a fairly large tattoo on the inside of my right forearm, and I also have a fair few piercings, too. I can safely say that the piercings hurt far more than my tattoo, since with them I had to deal with the swelling and the after-piercing tenderness. Tattoos are an entirely different sensation all together. The best way I can think to describe it is when you have a cat on your lap, and they start to tread very lightly into your skin with their claws; it's not enough to be painful, but rather instead is slightly irritating, as Dusty15 said.

Tattoos also don't have the same aftermath as piercings do, as I mentioned. The skin will redden and heat up a little after it's done, but, so long as you take care of it as your tattoo artist instructed, it won't hurt that much at all.

I think what helped me get over my nerves is just a few breathing excersises before my tattoo artist put the needle in for the first time. That first little bit is incredibly anti-climactic, trust me. I was expecting agony, but I was pleasantly surprised when she first put the needles onto my skin, to the extent that I actually blurted out "oh, is that it?" You'll relax more and more as the session goes on.

Lastly, you can take short breaks during your session if you need to! It's important to stay relaxed and not tense up, since you'll be sitting in the same position for a fair while, and you don't want to end up with aching muscles.

Archived