Sneeze Fetish Forum

They are DONE! (partying that US political ads are done!)

tma

This is a non-partisan thread.

I am SOOOOOO thankful that I won't be getting stacks of junk mail with negative "spin" (from both sides- mostly in our Representative race).

no more annoying phone calls w/ political surveys or "vote for me" stuff.

No more people showing up during dinner to ask me if "So and so" can count on my support

No more negative campaign ads

I would say no more political nonsense on FB- but... I'm guessing that it shall still continue as the gloats and rants go on for a while. :P :P

I just wanted a non-nasty section of the forum to share how happy I feel that it is DONE!

:bounce: :dance: :disco::bounce: :bounce:

Whoooo hoooo1!!

:cheesecake: and :wine: (or beverage of choice ;) ) for all!

Couldn't agree more! Thank God this election (really more like a circus in my opinion) is finally done! I'll toast to that! :cheers: Now we can finally get back to counting down the days until the end of the world! :laugh: I hope there will be :cheesecake: and :wine: at that party to. :)

Meanwhile, in Australia, Big Brother FINALLY ended.

Can I join in the celebration? tonguesmiley.gif

... In regards to the world ending, my Dad, who lives in the US, bought a calendar and cut out the last 10 days. He's been going round scaring his friends into believing in the Mayan calendar!

So glad this is finally over. I did manage to ignore most of the irritating campaigns, but every little bit of it I see is just so annoying... At least now it's done and I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Wait.

What's that?

They're gonna do it again in four years?

And it's most likely going to be even more annoying?

ZbOTH.jpg

worst election ever...both candidates SUCKED lol...omg and i cant stand all the stupid bs with all that mayan calendar crap...just because their calendar ran out of days doesnt mean anything...lol. i mean hell..remember how people acted in 2006? everyone thought the antichrist was coming..people are so dumb...:P

Now it's all over, does anyone feel as I do that the result was never really "too close to call" or in fact in doubt at all; or is that just hindsight? Well it can't be because I was thinking that weeks ago.

It seems to me that the news media always try to whip up a state of hysteria when things are really quite straightforward.. In America, there seems to be an endless supply of lean, long-faced, grey-thatched men ready to be candidates and then disappear into eternal darkness.

In UK terms, did anyone really expect that Thatcher or Blair would ever be defeated [except of course by the stab in the back].?

Well... it's certainly different when 8 years is the maximum for certain. ;)

Although you only had two PMs that outlasted FDR in terms of length in highest office (his was 16 years_

I bet you are thrilled.... I have to admit so am i- it's all the tv stations over in UK would focus on- & the BBC sending out quite a chunk of there news presenters to cover it, certainly got a fair few people annoyed, considering it's our taxes that pay for that.

Oh my word, people actually phone at your home? And turn up at your front door? That's unbelievable, what an invasion of privacy, & just just to talk you into voting for someone.

To be honest the more i hear about politics whether it's here n the UK, USA, France, the rest of the EU or Australia etc, the more i just get so sick & tired of anything to do with it all, everywhere it's just turned into the 'vote me for me & make the world a happy clappy place' no one ever delivers on their promises, there are times when i question whether or not to bother voting at all- which i know is terrible.

It does seem though that this feeling is pretty mutual world wide, when you look at the fact that both UK & Oz have coalition governments & that the French & US presidential elections pollings where so close in the lead up to voting, it just seems that people are bored with the nasty mud slinging style of politicians.

Archived