Sneeze Fetish Forum

Should I wait until college to ask her out?

hails

My parents have told me that I have to wait until I'm in college to date girls. I'm bisexual and leaning toward girls at the moment. Even though I'm only 16 and having to start worrying about college soon, do you guys think it would be okay to go out with a girl? (I know the girl I want to go with is lesbian and we have both admitted we like each other "in that way.") What do you guys think? I don't know how far we should take our relationship in high school, mainly because of public acceptance issues... :(

I totally understand how do you feel. I am bisexual myself which isn't always that good because my mother is a homophobe so my parents don't know and in Croatia the level of acceptence of same sex relationships is... low to say at least.

If you really like the girl I think you should ask her out.

I don't think you should worry about the reaction of your surrounding since... you won't be doing anything serious during first few dates, right? And many girls today tightly hug their friends and blow each other kisses and stuff.

If you have some more serious intentions with her, talk to your parents.

That's all from me *waves hand and leaves*.

*waves hand and leaves*.

Don't go yet! *brings you back* I have to thank you first. :hug:

I agree with what you said about how alot of girls hug each other tightly and blow kisses and stuff. At my school - man, you should see what even the guys do! It's precious.

But yeah, I thank you for your encouragement. I'll ask her and see what she thinks, and if I remember I'll post what went down.

Thanks for answering! You in particular have been great to me on the forum and I thank you for that :notworthy:

Love, :heart: Hailey (hails is short for Hailey, my name) :)

Believe me, I didn't leave. And I won't be leaving for a while... I mean, if my Mum won't find out I am not asleep yet. :P

And you are welcome. I have to thank you for lots of things. I am really happy I met you here. :yes:

Why exactly do your parents want you to wait until you're in college until you start dating a girl? Does this make sense to you? Are they concerned for the reactions from people at your school, or are they like "you can do this somewhere else but not under our roof (figuratively speaking)"? Or do they want you to wait until you're of college age, i.e. at least sort of adult?

I'm asking because I think it depends on their reasoning how seriously you should take this admonition. If they have reasons for it that make much sense to you, I won't just go "do whatever YOU and your lady want to do, parents don't come into it." You know?

(also girls can be sooo lovely and I really hope you and she will have a great thing together)

Why exactly do your parents want you to wait until you're in college until you start dating a girl? Does this make sense to you? Are they concerned for the reactions from people at your school, or are they like "you can do this somewhere else but not under our roof (figuratively speaking)"? Or do they want you to wait until you're of college age, i.e. at least sort of adult?

I'm asking because I think it depends on their reasoning how seriously you should take this admonition. If they have reasons for it that make much sense to you, I won't just go "do whatever YOU and your lady want to do, parents don't come into it." You know?

(also girls can be sooo lovely and I really hope you and she will have a great thing together)

Thanks Maru!

My parents are on the side of "Don't date girls yet because people don't do that in high school, they do it in college." Well I have a bi friend that has both dated and kissed a girl sooo....

Anyway what should I do? *question face*

If that's all the reason behind it, I'll go ahead and say that it's... slightly less than relevant. :yes: If you like a girl enough to want to date her, it DOES NOT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST whether you're in high school or college. Do what you think is best, and be as discreet (or open!) as you both want to be. Tell your parents what you want to tell them about what you eventually decide, but remember that it's all right to have a few secrets. :hug:

If that's all the reason behind it, I'll go ahead and say that it's... slightly less than relevant. :yes: If you like a girl enough to want to date her, it DOES NOT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST whether you're in high school or college. Do what you think is best, and be as discreet (or open!) as you both want to be. Tell your parents what you want to tell them about what you eventually decide, but remember that it's all right to have a few secrets. :hug:

Thanks Maru :hug::heart:

Archived