Sneeze Fetish Forum

Christmas music?

Icee

favourite xmas songs.....

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty Macoll

Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie

annoying xmas song issue.....

Shops that play xmas songs as early as October!

I adore any and all Christmas songs. <3

My favortie EVER is Elvis' version of Blue Christmas, though.

I LOOOOOVE Christmas music. I like the really churchy songs best- O Holy Night, Silent Night, Noel, etc. and I'm pleased really just to hear most other of the christmas songs. There is one that I absolutley CANNOT stand, though, and that is "baby it's cold outside" because it's just very creepy imo. Also "here comes santa claus" isn't one of my favourites, but only because I find it annoying. Ooh, you know which one I love that isn't churchy? Carol of the Bells.

Hearing Christmas music makes me feel violently angry on the inside within seconds. Except for probably Carol of the Bells (probably because it sounds so epic instead of gooshy-sentimental-Christmasy like others). But I need to go to the mall to buy a new coat ;_; hearing Christmas music will be inevitable. Uhg.

I love all Christmas music except for a few Grandma got ran over by a reindeer is one of the most annoying songs ever!!!

I quite like Christmas music- my favorites are The Pogues and Kirsty Macoll- Fairytale of New York, that is a beautiful song, Johnny Mathis- When a child is born, Slade- Merry Christmas, A spaceman came travelling by Chris De Burgh, and Merry Christmas everyone by Shakin Stevens, i think it's because they all remind me of my childhood innocence and that kind of excitement of looking forward to Christmas and all the nice decorations up everywhere.

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer is one of the most annoying songs ever!!!

I would imagine that Grandma wasn't best pleased either......

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer is one of the most annoying songs ever!!!

I would imagine that Grandma wasn't best pleased either......

email me please

email me please

Feel free to PM me once you are validated

(I don't give out my email to people until I know them a little better :) )

My favorites are Charice's version of "Grown-Up Christmas List" and Katherine McPhee's version of "Silver Bells" biggrin.png

Actually, edited to say that I'm with AmyParda on traditional Church music. I love "Silent Night" and "The First Noelle" Traditional chorus music is really beautiful :>

I really like Christmas music! Strangely enough, I don't usually listen to it on my own until Christmastime (or at least until December). I don't really have favorites because I pretty much like it all! I'm partial to some of the traditional ones like some other people have said, but I just like the Christmas feeling it all gives me. :3

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time is the WORST song ever recorded! laughing.gif My family thinks my undying hatred of that song is so funny. Every year I get at least one voicemail message of that song playing on the radio with laughter in the background.

Actually, I tend to dislike nearly all modern/pop versions of traditional Christmas songs. And the original modern Christmas songs are so lame, I get chills. The other day I was in Starbucks waiting on another shop to open, and I found out that Rod Stewart has recorded a Christmas album. tonguesmiley.gif It wasn't good. But Paul McCartney wins forever for bad Christmas music!

I'm on board with the people who said they like churchy Christmas music. I prefer symphonic arrangements, but choirs are nice too. O Holy Night is my absolute favorite. I love how it gets all minor and spooky sounding, and then it turns right around to sound glorious.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time is the WORST song ever recorded!

YES!!

I like the uncommon Christmas songs. "Of the Father's Love Begotten",

"Some Children See Him" (I :wub: this SO much because it is about the idea that different children in different parts of the world and in different cultures see the Christ child looking like they do- and I think that is Very cool- actually I have a collection of navity sets where the characters are presented in different colours and cultures).

Oh... and "Wexford Carol" oh my gosh- SO gorgeous- I have to put up the link with Allison Krauss singing it- gorgeous voice (Yo-Yo Ma (cello) and Natalie Mc Masters (violin) play in this too).

Oh... and Carol of the Bells *is* very cool!! I've gotten to hear it done with a 5 octave handbell set- epic!!

Oh... and I HATE "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" I Loathe s**w.

When I was a kidlet I actually changed the lyrics and made a version called "I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas" I don't remember all of my lyrics- I just remember

"May your days be nice and not mean

And may all your Christmases be green" tonguesmiley.gifbleh.gif

And in that same vein- I HATE the song "Let it S**w, Let it S**w, Let it S**w"

(I won't type out *that* word ;) )

I am fairly obsessed with Christmas music, sacred and profane.

On the sacred side it is a toss-up between "Behold I bring you good tidings" [Purcell} and "Jauchzet, frohlokket" [bach].

Profanely, there used to be a fantastic book of mediaeval English carols, but the obvious one is Angelus ad virginem, which I think is in the Oxford Book of Carols; clever lyrics and a mention by Chaucer; you can't really beat that........

I'm not much of a fan of 'pop' Christmas songs in general, though I can tolerate them in small doses and I'm willing to make exceptions for 'Let It Snow' and 'White Christmas' (Bing Crosby version).

I am a big fan of traditional carols however. Oh and Trans-Siberian Orchestra; their first 3 albums *are* my Christmas soundtrack! :D

The original version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland).

As for newer stuff, I like Sixpence None The Richer's version of Silent Night

this version of O Come Ye Faithful

And Carol of The Bells as performed by anyway as long as it's halfway decent.

I've actually never heard of Carol of The Bells...and since everyone here seems to love it or hate it, I'm gonna go listen to it xD

I've never heard of Carol of the Bells either- so will have to check that out too. Bing Crosby's White Christmas is fantastic- i must say Christmas music of the past, certainly has that special feeling to it, the more recent stuff doesn't come close... Don't get me started on how the X Factor has ruined the Christmas number 1 spot in recent years lol.

I'm not much of a fan of 'pop' Christmas songs in general, though I can tolerate them in small doses and I'm willing to make exceptions for 'Let It Snow' and 'White Christmas' (Bing Crosby version).

I am a big fan of traditional carols however. Oh and Trans-Siberian Orchestra; their first 3 albums *are* my Christmas soundtrack! biggrin.png

:o But.... but... those top two are about s**w!! (I promise that if we get dumped on- I'm shipping it All out to you. :bleh:)

:doh: can't believe I forgot TSO- my *favourite of theirs is their first one*. Also... I *cannot* imagine where you heard of this particular group. :whistle:;)

"I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" is my favorite.

At work, I get super annoyed hearing "Santa Baby" but at least we don't play "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

But.... but... those top two are about s**w!! (I promise that if we get dumped on- I'm shipping it All out to you.

It was 80 goddamn degrees in Austin today. If you hate snow that much, come spend Christmas with me in the air conditioning. I'll get you drunk and we'll go swimming. wink_kiss.gif

I am a big fan of traditional carols however. Oh and Trans-Siberian Orchestra; their first 3 albums *are* my Christmas soundtrack! biggrin.png

Most of what I like to listen to is Choral Music, but I can mix up, and I don't mind the Pop stuff.

Archived