Sneeze Fetish Forum

Finals Week...the joys of college... :(

_Daisy_

My first final is on Monday and I'm seriously freaking out. I wish professors posted grades regularly...I have no idea where my GPA is going to fall...definitely no lower than a 3.5, but I'm going to be pretty upset with myself if I don't get a 4.0. I know it's a skewed priority to be so fixated on arbitrary numbers and grades, but I feel like if I'm ever going to be taken seriously as an English major I need to consistently make the top rank, get into a ridiculously elitist grad program, and then simply stew in my own smug success.

So...anyone else stressing out over their course load and the close of the semester? upset.gif

YES. I know there are at least two classes I probably won't get higher than a B in (which is weird since I haven't gotten one of those in college yet). I somehow managed to pick a schedule where 4 out of my 5 classes have crazy difficult tests where I'll have to bury myself in studying. I'm not worried about being accepted into any grand grad school program, but I want to do well as an English major. The problem is, I have so many ridiculous gen. ed. requirements that it's just an inhibition standing between me and my degree. Fortunately, I don't think I'll have to stay an extra semester like so many people do, but I'm freaking out over finals. I don't usually stress about tests, but I've had pathetically low motivation this semester. I just haven't been in the groove since day one and I don't know how I'm going to get myself to say, "Okay, you need to do this and THEN you can have a break." I've just been putting everything off like a bad student. :sweatdrop:

Same! We have this ridiculous "CORE program" at my university, and it really gets in the way of all the important, necessary classes that I have to take. I think I spent more time studying for Philosophy than writing my final English paper. :/

Sooo glad it's finally over! I was so afraid of not passing my fashion construction class, but i just barely made it. Did pretty good on all my finals though!

Archived