Sneeze Fetish Forum

I had a weird idea. Any interest?

Blah!?

So, I finally got around to seeing Wreck-It Ralph yesterday, and it sort of gave me an idea. It reminded me a lot of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, in which characters in cartoons are also actors just like live-action characters, and they can screw around and hang out with the rest of us when they aren't filming. As such, I sort of want to mess around with that.

I'm thinking of trying to write a little Who Framed Roger Rabbit-like story in which a human character and a cartoon character interact with each other in some way after hours. I may actually set it in the same universe as Roger Rabbit, but just for the sake of background, and I can say almost definitely that it won't include any of the characters from the movie. I'm also most likely going to set it in the present rather than the 1940s like the original movie, so that I can include some more up-to-date elements from animated movies, for example CGI characters and possibly video game characters as well.

What I have in my head right now is the story would focus on a human bartender and a cartoon character from an old TV show that nobody really remembers anymore. The human character would be bored with his job and just going through the motions, and the cartoon character would be washed-up and unable to find work at all because CGI has pretty much taken over the entire industry. The two of them would meet up one evening and open up to each other, and plenty of shenanigans can and will take place. However, from there I'm not sure whether I should have them go on an adventure or something, or if they should just hang around with each other.

Would anyone be interested in reading something like this? Also, if any of you have anything you'd like me to try within this, such as character types or scenarios, please do let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read.