Sneeze Fetish Forum

Um, should i be worried?

so i added this guy on facebook, and from what i could tell, he was my age if not younger. i have special privacy settings for the people like that that i add and all, and all we ever talk about is fanfics and doctor who until today when he asked me to video chat. ive never done that with someone that i didnt know in real life, so obviously it would creep me out a little. its kind of freaking me out how hes trying to talk me into it, and i dont know what to do and....yeah. it could be Innocent but it may not be, and hes still trying to talk me into it and, gawsh idk what to do....and im probably thinking too much into this but i have a right to be uncomfortable about this, right? i mean, im not being completely irrational. this is stuff they teach you in second grade, to be cautious on the internet.

I don't think your being irrational. If you're not comfortable video chatting, he should be able to accept that. If not, I would question just how much of a friend he really is.

^ Exactly what brigid said. I'd say very firmly what your reasons are for not chatting and that you are not going to do it. If he continues to hassle you about it, I would just block him. If you don't want to just end it without saying anything, maybe say first "look, this is really bothering me and I've told you before I really don't want to chat and why - you aren't listening and that is really inconsiderate and disrespectful of you. Either stop asking or I will block you". If he still doesn't stop, he's made his choice. It's just not worth potentially compromising your safety. It's extremely disrespectful trying to pressure someone to do something they don't want to do as well. It's entirely possible it's innocent and he just really wants to chat, probably even, but I would still block him if he really won't listen. :hug: Feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to about it :)

^^ Basically, what they said

If you are in any way uncomfortable about it, then don't do it. If you ever do video chat with someone, both people should be willing. And yes, you have every right to feel the way you feel - we all have to be careful on the internet, and especially at your age.

Be safe and take care

:)

I agree with the rest of the bunch. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. Main rule, to be applied at all times. ;)

It's better to be safe than sorry, you know. :hug:

You can always say you don't have a webcam/can't find your webcam/need to update the software for said webcam, etc. that way you can voicechat without the video. :3

if you have a built-in webcam, well, he doesn't necessarily know that, right? :P

Can I ask why you added him? Do you know him in RL or elsewhere online?

It's not really normal for random people you have never had a single interaction with to add you on Facebook (online interaction counts!)

If he's making you uncomfortable, block him. You don't owe him a reason, you don't have to protect his feelings. You don't have to let him down gently. You have a right to feel safe and comfortable.

Don't feel pressured to talk to him because you're afraid you might hurt his feelings! I'd say just the fact that you feel uncomfortable about it is a good indication that it might not be a good idea to do it. Trust your gut instincts.

All of the above advice is good. It may very well be entirely innocent- but you still have the right to your feelings and opinions. Additionally, it is most definitely a good idea not to video chat with someone unless you feel very comfortable with them. Also, I personally feel that you should at least have been chatting w/ them via some other means (ims, pms, email, voice chat) for a While before jumping to that. Just my own feeling w/ that.

All the best! :hug: Be safe!

I'd just like to add that you *always* have the right to feel uncomfortable, no matter the situation. Furthermore you never need explain *why* you're uncomfortable. Being uncomfortable is reason enough and should be respected. It isn't silly, it's a matter of boundaries.

I don't think it's a good idea to trust him even as far as to chat with him if he's *already* pressuring you to do things you don't want to.

• 2 weeks later...

well, if his pressuring you and keeps talking you into it even though he sees you don't want to, don't he can either accept it or just delete him of facebook if he won't

Can I ask why you added him? Do you know him in RL or elsewhere online?

It's not really normal for random people you have never had a single interaction with to add you on Facebook (online interaction counts!)

If he's making you uncomfortable, block him. You don't owe him a reason, you don't have to protect his feelings. You don't have to let him down gently. You have a right to feel safe and comfortable.

Sal, I could kiss you for this comment. This, this, this, especially the last bit. You do not owe him a thing. You do not have to be nice. If he is making you uncomfortable, block him without a single word and move on.

Honestly, when you're 14, there is no real reason to be video chatting with a stranger from the Internet. What's the point? Now we're... Gonna look at each other and it'll be either awkward or the other party is going to pressure you into something? No bueno.

Honestly, when you're 14, there is no real reason to be video chatting with a stranger from the Internet. What's the point? Now we're... Gonna look at each other and it'll be either awkward or the other party is going to pressure you into something? No bueno.

This x1000000. Someone pressuring someone else into video chatting = they want to get up to something not so good. I'd be very, VERY suspicious of this guy. He probably thinks that if he can get you into a video chat then he can get you to do other stuff, unsavory stuff.

I'd say block his ass if he continues to try and pressure you when you keep telling him no. That's not friend behavior.

Archived