Sneeze Fetish Forum

Jennifer Lawrence/Hugh Jackman/Meryl Streep all sick (Golden Globes)

Purple

Well I feel cheated. Jennifer Lawrence is totally one of my crushes right now but she looks completely healthy. Starting to question the definition of "flu" here.....

Yes, I question it too!

She looks healthy (ok, hours of professional make-up will do that too you, I guess) and she sounded fine, too.

It really bugs me when people say they have "the flu" when they have a cold or some other mild virus.

Does the majority still not get that flu is one particular illness and makes people really really sick?

Despite media etc trying to tell people the difference?

So naturally, I am questioning everyone who claims to have the flu and is not bed ridden for a few days.

And I also have to roll my eyes at this quote:

"Jackman and Lawrence certainly don't look like the rest of us flu-stricken mortals -- no red-ringed eyes or raw noses were in sight."

Can put those pretentious actors even more on a pedestal please ;)

You know, I noticed that Jennifer Lawrence was wearing a jacket when they panned over her in the audience, and I wondered. Guess that explains it then!

The best part about this, for me, is that at award ceremonies where actors and actresses mingle amongst each other in mass quantities, everyone greets each other with a kiss on either cheek. I'm looking forward to at least a tiny wave of flu-ridden celebrities to come. Also Hugh Jackman is yummy. ETA: Also, wow, Jennifer Lawrence is the least pretentious woman in Hollywood right now, don't be so quick to judge.

In the red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest, she says "I won't shake your hand, I have the flu," and it's obvious that she has (at the very least) a cold when she made her acceptance speech.

It is frustrating though. I think people feel that saying they have the flu sounds more, I don't know, what's the word... "legit?" than saying they have a cold. Haha I don't know!

* le shrug*

Archived