Sneeze Fetish Forum

Mishearing things

Emily

Based off the "Misreading things" thread. :lol: Call me original.

Last year, I was on the phone and screeching something to my friends on the other line about where we were supposed to meet each other. They were shouting something back that sounded unmistakably like "THE PIG SHRINEEE" and I of course shouted back in the most questioning manner I could to confirm this. About five minutes later I learned they said "the big slide." They have no idea what they sounded like so I say it was close enough.

:lol:

A friend of mine mentioned that there was someone checking some electric things on the top floor. "You know, the waiter". I must have looked very confused because she said "what?" and I said "did you just tell me there's a waiter upstairs checking the electricity?" She sighed and said, very clearly: "The JANITOR".

Well, don't blame me for not listening properly, I was writing. :rolleyes:

Once, we took one of my best friends, J, camping with us in our RV. We were probably like 13. When we got there, we squirreled ourselves away in the top bunk above the cab. We kept going back up and down from the bunk to retrieve Cremesavers from a massive bag we'd bought on the way up. This was inefficient and J finally just told me "just bring the whole bag up."

I looked at her quizzically, bag of candy in hand. "...praise the holy bathtub?" I asked, repeating what I'd heard, utterly bewildered. J stared at me for a minute and then I realized what she said and we both absolutely lost our shit. We laughed for hours.

Whenever one of those refinancing commercials comes on TV where the announcer says "Attention Homeowners!" I always think they're saying 'Attention Homos'.

Great thread! :)

This happens to me a lot, especially with the song lyrics. For the amount of time which is a bit too big to be considered normal I thought that one line in Bowie's song "Time" goes like: "I had so many dreams, I had so many grapefruits" :lol:

And I've spent much time wondering under which circumstances the one could say something like that. Then I looked the lyrics up. :yes: And it's "breakthroughs".

P.S. "Praise the holy bathtube"? :lmao:

My friend doesn't listen to music at all so when he heard "Somebody I Used to Know" on the radio he heard "you didn't have to cut me off" as "you didn't have to CAAAVEAAAAT" and my friends and I all looked at him funny when he asked what that line meant

and caveat is apparently a synonym for a warning. = 3 =; Who actually can tell what all them crazy autotuned singers are saying anyway?

Back when I was in band camp over the summer, I remember we got called to "bring it in" (basically all the announcements our band directors had for us before we went to go eat lunch), and I swore that I heard someone say "THEY RAN OUT OF COOKIE BATTER!" Of course, I proceeded to tell this to my friend and now we yell this at each other every so often, but still. xD

• 2 years later...

For ages, I thought the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2 went "Sunday but it's Monday!" :lol:

Just the other day my friend was talking across the room and I was certain she'd announced someone was pregnant with shortbread! Apparently they were pregnant with triplets….

• 2 years later...

So there's one of those rare track Bonnie Tyler songs that I found today, it's titled "Prize Fighter". And when the background singers repeat "prize fighters" over and over, I keep hearing "bye, spiders" instead.  :laugh: Poor spiders.

My mother described how much she liked the series "Last Frontier Alaska", all I heard was a strange declaration of love for "Lars Von Trier" and his trip to Alaska (a famous danish movie director) :D

Archived