Sneeze Fetish Forum

Video chat on Omegle?

Zebra

I don't really think this is Snake Pit worthy but I'm feeling quite guilty. For the past couple of nights I've been going on Omegle on cam but at first I had it off my face so you could only see my hair really. Then I got braver and started putting the camera on my face properly. I went under tags like Glee or Harry Potter or my country and for the most part it was fine, the odd d*** here and there but that's to be expected. Then I was talking to these guys in a slumber party or something and I didn't give out any personal info just my country and they could obviously see my face. After talking about religion etc for a while they asked to see my house and I was like "ugh no way". Then they started being weird telling me they'd been recording me (??!?!?!). They were telling me they were lying etc then it ended with them saying "see you in hell". I mean I think they were just f****** about with me but it has creeped me a little. I then found a guy my age and we had an awesome conversation which was totally normal! So my question is could they possibly use footage of me literally sitting and typing for anything and is it bad to use video chat on Omegle? I'm freaking out a little now and I know it's my own fault but I just felt like having some conversations online. Uurrghgh.

No, I'm fairly certain you're fine. They were just fucking with you, I don't think they recorded anything. In fact, I'm not even sure people can record video of other people through Omegle video chat.

Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea for anyone under legal age to video chat to strangers. And Glee and Harry Potter are very popular tags...I have to imagine there are some people trolling those tags who are there for ~*nefarious*~ purposes. Plus in talking face to face with someone, it can be that much easier to get talked into something you weren't wanting to do... I dunno, the whole thing makes me really suspicious. Then again if I were 15 right now I'd probably love video chatting late at night while my parents were sleeping and I'd be all like "UGH WHATEVER MOM" if someone tried to lecture me about how it wasn't a good idea, so...

Just...be careful. And if someone gets weird, just disconnect. Don't engage with 'em.

is it bad to use video chat on Omegle?

At your age? Yes. It's an absolutely terrible idea. Why do you need to use the video chat feature on Omegle anyway? There is a plain chatting version that suits your purposes just fine and isn't creepy beyond all reasonable belief. Why do you want strangers to see your face?? I don't understand.

Gotta agree here. I've had some fun text chats on Omegle, but video chat is a wasteland of pervy men who just want someone to whack off to. Stick to text, and if they ask say you're 18 or 19.

Granted, assuming you don't give away any personal information, there is no way anyone on video chat can track you down, except for the zillion to one chance that you connect with someone you know offline. Still, an underage girl on Omegle or any video chat site is certain to run onto pervs.

Yeeeeah, I would stay off video chat until you're at least 18/a legal adult. Those guys were probably just fucking with you, but it IS possible to record a screen. I'm not sure if it works over Omegle (or how it works in general), but it's way better to be safe than sorry. I'm with Junia: why even use the cam function, anyway? It doesn't add anything to the chat and gives people the chance to learn stuff about you that you don't want them to know. Even if they couldn't record your video chat, they could always screencap it. Bleah.

if someone gets weird, just disconnect. Don't engage with 'em.

This. Furthermore, I might add this extends to real-life people too.

Ok thanks guys!!

Before now I've only been on video chat at a sleepover when there were 5 of us but I don't know why I wanted to use it in my own home. It's not necessarily that I want them to see me, more that I want to see them. I guess it's the thought of actually meeting a nice person on video and that way I know I'm not talking to a 50 year old perverted man. I think I will stay away from video and just talk by text (unless I'm at a party or something with loads of people). Plus the thought of screen shotting is pretty unnerving. In the 2 seconds or so I'm connected with a cock they could have done just that which is enough to scare me off.

Archived