Sneeze Fetish Forum

Several topics deleted.

Shay

So I just received 7 different emails notifying me that old topics of mine had been deleted and there was no reason given. Now most of the topics I really didn't care about(one of them I didn't even have any idea what it was just based on the topic title), but there was one specific one that I would have preferred not been deleted even if it was old.

I sense the reason they were all deleted was because they were old and the mods are trying to clear out old stuff they think is unnecessary, but even if that was the case, I really would have appreciated that the reason be given in the notification email, or even just receive a PM explaining why.

I'm sure that it's nothing personal, but when I'm already in a very bad place emotionally for various unrelated reasons, getting 7 emails in rapid succession telling me my topics were deleted with no explanation for why kind of hurts.

I guess maybe I should stick to posting personal stuff in my blog if I don't want it to ever be deleted, but unfortunately the blogs are so under-used/under-viewed that the last couple of times I did that, I didn't get any feedback/responses at all.

So anyway I guess all I'm really asking for is for someone to confirm my theory for why my topics were deleted or give me the real reason if that wasn't the case, and to maybe take the time to let people know the reason why their topics are deleted.

I'd like to add my voice here. I had a topic of mine deleted that I personally still read from time to time. What gives?

This happened to me too. Got six notifications - four were about old topics of mine (probably 2 years old) being moved to the Dumping Grounds, and the other two were topics I'd started being deleted altogether by a mod. Very odd! Hopefully a mod can come in and explain what's going on.

Hello all, sorry this was my fault :blushing: I was trying out something and clearly it didn't work out as I planned! Anyway, everything should hopefully be back where it was now, if not though, please let me know! :)

hey you dont have to put the topic of mine that was deleted...the one about seeing if people wanted to meet up in Boston. im no longer staying up there, so its a good thing it was taken down anyway lol

Ok, I figured it was some sort of mass purge, but glad to know it was just a glitch. Thanks for clarifying what happened.

Buttons are shiny! I love buttons! *shuns touch screen devices*

• 7 months later...

Seems that this has now happened again. I got 6 notifications that my topics were deleted. As it was last time most of them I don't care about but there is one I'd like to possibly revisit again. I'm hoping that this is just a mistake/glitch like the last time it happened, but just thought I should bring it to the mods attention.

We do prune the off topic forums periodically. We go back two years and delete anything older than that. This does not apply to any fetish-related boards.

The trouble is that the new forum software notifies everyone whose topics are included in that purge. And as to your original post in this thread, Shayla, yes, if you want something to be online permanently, you'll have to post it somewhere else.

Yeah I realize my blog is probably the best place to post something of a personal nature if I don't want it to get deleted, but as I said in the original post the first time this happened back in February, I often choose not to post in my blog because I want support or feedback, which I'm much less likely to get if I post in my blog. Maybe some people would find it helpful, but just posting something somewhere that no one is going to read/respond to it makes me feel like I might as well be talking to a wall.

I wish I had some suggestions for how to make the blogs a more well known/more used feature, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

Anyway last time it happened, HOL said it was an accident that happened when he was trying something out, so I figured I'd just report it when it happened again. If the topics aren't coming back like they did last time, then fine. I guess I'll just have to try to think more carefully about where I want to post things.

That's because HoL generally wasn't responsible for pruning those areas. We've always done this, since the forum first started. In fact, we used to do it with the fetish sub-fora as well. The only difference is that now the system informs you when one of your topics has been deleted. Before, it didn't.

I appreciate that you want to get feedback on your posts, and i'm sorry that the blogs aren't in-your-face enough to achieve that. We do now have the recent blog posts banner that scrolls the most recent titles at the top of the main page, but there's not much more we can do. We prune these posts because we don't have the storage space to keep everything. Some things need to go, such as older off-topic threads and lurker accounts that never log in (we go back one calendar year for those).

Yeah I completely understand about the limited storage space issue. I am aware of the blog banner, and even being aware that it exists it's easy for me not to notice it the majority of the time, and I'm sure that if it were any more obtrusive than it is, you'd probably get people complaining about it.

I try to visit the blogs from time to time and comment on people's blogs if I see something I feel I could contribute some thoughts to, but most of the time when I come here I find myself not even thinking about it, so I guess I'm just as much a part of the problem that I described as anyone else is.

One thing I find a bit funny is that while most people, including myself, use their blogs to vent about things, the last blog post I wrote was about something good that happened. Still no comments. Hard to even tell if anyone even read it at all or not since all blog posts on all blogs seem to say 0 views, even the ones that have comments on them.

I think part of the reason that I hardly ever click on blogs from the blogs banner is that while it lists the title it doesn't say the author, so I can't tell who I'll be clicking on & I feel weird about just clicking on a title that would lead to the blog of a random user. I think if there was some way to include the poster's name in the banner I'd be many times more likely to click, especially if a friend wrote something or something.

I think if there was some way to include the poster's name in the banner I'd be many times more likely to click, especially if a friend wrote something or something.

You can "follow" blogs of your friends Amy, in which case you should receive an email or notification (depending on the settings in your profile) when they post something.

I dunno, I think AmyParda's idea was a good one. It would be nice to the authors of the blog posts in the banner. I might be interested in what certain forum members have to say combined with the post title without necessarily wanting to follow the blog and get notified of every single post. Of course I have no idea if this is even possible with the forum software.

I dunno, I think AmyParda's idea was a good one.

Thank you, shayla!

It isn't.

Oh. Well isn't that a shame. Ah well.

Sadly, especially with the add-ons like chat and blogs, there's very little we can change or improve. Unfortunately, it's a set module given to us by the hosts and we have no control over any of it :( It kind of sucks sometimes.

Archived